Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep ..... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103997)

jrcp3 09-25-2008 10:19 PM

Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
Just a list of some FORMER Raptor players who have gone on and become ALLSTARS or have done some pretty good things in there careers, surprising we couldn't keep any for that long ...... and to this day we still didn't get anything in return ( CHRIS BOSH LOTO DRAFT FREE PICK BECUZ WE WERE A CRAP TEAM, GET LOTO PICK )

Rafer Alston - Was pretty good here, didn't like Sam! ( Now he is Starting PG who is a big time PG NOW )

Carlos Arroyo - Decent BACKUP PG, not sure why he left?

Chauncey Billups - Had him for one year ( Don't no why we gave on up that, BIG MISTAKE! ) ALLSTAR

Marcus Camby ( We Drafted him but gave him away ) ALLSTAR!

Vince Carter ( Stopped liking Toronto) ALLSTAR!

Mike James ( Stopped liking Toronto )

Tracy McGrady ( Stopped likeing Toronto cuz of Vince was taking da spot like ) MISTAKE? ... ALLSTAR!

Morris Peterson ( We didnt want him .... so we gave him the boot and let him sign somewhere esle ) NOW WE NEED HIM!

Jannero Pargo ( Decent backup PG ) gave up on him

Damon Stoudamire ( was our corner stone ) traded him !

Jerome Williams ( we dumped him for nothing ) he would of stayed for free pretty much!

Those are just some players ..... who stopped liking toronto ... or we traded because we thought they weren't going to be good players .... yes i didn't take into account all of the trades n so what but im just saying .... if u look around most teams keep on two 1 player and ususaly they become GREAT .... We got BOSH NOW and we can't let him leave NEVER! ..... look who we could of had if we trusted in our selves .....

jrcp3 09-25-2008 10:21 PM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
and just think about it ... all those allstars .... who do we have now from that? NO ONE .... Bosh from loto .... Jose from low draft pick ... so really we traded all dem for a piece of crap .......

bokes15 09-26-2008 12:43 AM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
The most notable one for me on that list was T-mac... the reason why is because I remember we had so much love for the guy. The "come back T-mac chants" the posters, the jerseys, etc etc... we all wanted him to stay, and he even hinted at staying. I think that management, staff, and players (namely vince) didn't really fight hard enough to get him to stay. I mean I know Vince said something like "i'd like it if you stayed and we can be a great tandem but respect whatever decison you make" but had he done it in a more convincing fashion assuring him of his role and telling him they have a shotat something special, it may have gone differently.

RapsFan 09-26-2008 07:52 AM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
Yeah TMAC shouldn't have left. But the organization screwed him over and he had no desire to stay, which is incredible because like you said, the fans wanted him to say bad.

Zan Tabak 09-26-2008 10:58 AM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
What makes me drool is the thought of a starting lineup of ..

Billups
T-Mac
Vince
OakDawg
Camby

:bowdown:

Good Old Willy 09-26-2008 11:10 AM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
Sure, but ...

Rafer Alston - was me-first chucker. Made team worse. Was not dumped soon enough. Is still terrible.

Carlos Arroyo - yes, was decent backup. Sure you are not getting your Arroyos mixed up? BTW - Raps had Childs, AWilliams and DCurry at guard that year (2002). Also Jermaine Jackson who was more of a SG had some people's hopes up, and so kept the roster spot (I think) after Arroyo was released.

Chauncey Billups - had no interest to play in TO, zero, demanded out, Raps had no chance.

Marcus Camby - made mgt nervous with perpetual injuries. Drug issues. Trade for Oakley. Very good trade at the time, and in hindsight.

Vince Carter - was playing for Raps about as much as I was. Yes, was a poor trade all can agree.

Mike James - see rafer Alston above, only worse

Tracy McGrady - very young at the time. At odds with Coach Carter who treated him as an employee, not as the boy he was. Bailed on TO, on his shoulders, yes it was bad that he left. Vince Carter with some effort and the raps could have kept him here, maybe.

jrcp3 09-26-2008 05:43 PM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
yea but that's why you treat a ALLSTAR or Soon-to-be ALLSTAR .... the best ... you treat him different then all the other players ..... too pretty much whatever they want they get ..... Dirk for example was getting madd and demand they traded for a PG .... and BANG JASON KID SHOWS UP! ..... Kobe got pissed and demanded for someone esle and BANG GASOL! ..... same with Lebron so when you have a allstar or a future corner stone of a team you do watever he wants ( for the most part ) and thats how you win .....

bokes15 09-26-2008 05:52 PM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrcp3
yea but that's why you treat a ALLSTAR or Soon-to-be ALLSTAR .... the best ... you treat him different then all the other players ..... too pretty much whatever they want they get ..... Dirk for example was getting madd and demand they traded for a PG .... and BANG JASON KID SHOWS UP! ..... Kobe got pissed and demanded for someone esle and BANG GASOL! ..... same with Lebron so when you have a allstar or a future corner stone of a team you do watever he wants ( for the most part ) and thats how you win .....

Wording was a little strange but I agree with the general concept. A future all-star should be treated as such. Granted, yes T-mac hadn't reached his full potential as of yet but you gotta cater to the young talent because then they will remain loyal to you (in most cases) when they become bigger and their contracts run out. And as an NBA exec, you gotta be willing to take those risks.

RapsFan 09-26-2008 05:59 PM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
Wording was a little strange but I agree with the general concept. A future all-star should be treated as such. Granted, yes T-mac hadn't reached his full potential as of yet but you gotta cater to the young talent because then they will remain loyal to you (in most cases) when they become bigger and their contracts run out. And as an NBA exec, you gotta be willing to take those risks.


Totally agree. As much as you want the team to be in charge, you have to cater to the ego's of star players. The majority of them have huge ego's...it's just a reality that you need to be able to manage.

Jalen5 09-27-2008 03:41 PM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
Forgot that moron Keon Clark who ask for so much and when he did he sucked and got arrested like twice since for something.

YaoMing4MVP 09-27-2008 05:01 PM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
The Rafer Alston for Mike James trade was brilliant. Rafer signed a 5 year deal with the Raptors the year before I think and Mike James' contract was running out at the time of the trade. It was great because it freed up a lot of cap space. Remember, James had a career year with us, averaged 20PPG and 6APG. Well, I am not sure if I want to give him too much credit because that year, there was no one else to pass the ball to. He sucked with the timberwolves but only because he wasn't getting playing time.

Damon was an idiot. He's best seasons were with the Raptors. He quite the team and demanded a trade because we weren't winning. He did nothing for Portland and now is all washed up. The guy's face is so pale that I am starting to think he's god Aids or something ha ha ha.

hassano 09-27-2008 11:47 PM

Re: Form Raptor Players who we " Couldn't " Keep .....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
The Rafer Alston for Mike James trade was brilliant. Rafer signed a 5 year deal with the Raptors the year before I think and Mike James' contract was running out at the time of the trade. It was great because it freed up a lot of cap space. Remember, James had a career year with us, averaged 20PPG and 6APG. Well, I am not sure if I want to give him too much credit because that year, there was no one else to pass the ball to. He sucked with the timberwolves but only because he wasn't getting playing time.

Damon was an idiot. He's best seasons were with the Raptors. He quite the team and demanded a trade because we weren't winning. He did nothing for Portland and now is all washed up. The guy's face is so pale that I am starting to think he's god Aids or something ha ha ha.



I'd rather have Rafer Alston than Mike James with an expiring contract. At least Rafer knew how to pass.
Oh and maybe if our old management wasnt so shyyt and didnt basically give away their best players Damon wouldnt have quit.
Plus since when was having Aids funny?:hammerhead:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy