Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Shawn Kemp Sr. is kicked out of Italian team. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104285)

Scott Pippen 09-29-2008 12:50 AM

Shawn Kemp Sr. is kicked out of Italian team.

Former NBA all-star Shawn Kemp's return to basketball cut short

11 hours ago

MONTEGRANARO, Italy - Former NBA all-star Shawn Kemp's return to basketball ended before it started after Italian club Montegranaro Premiata broke off his one-year contract a week before the season starts.

Kemp spent nine days in Italy training with the club and playing in three pre-season games, then returned to the United States to check on his home in Houston, Texas, after Hurricane Ike and didn't return.

"I am very sorry for my inability to return to the club in a timely manner due to personal issues," Kemp wrote in a letter posted on the team's website Saturday. "I'm very sorry that these unforeseen circumstances have resulted in the club's understandable decision."

The 38-year-old Kemp had not played since 2003 and has had legal problems since then.

In 2005, he was arrested for possessing small amounts of cocaine and marijuana in his truck outside Seattle, Washington. He was also arrested in 2006 in Houston for possessing less than 60 grams of marijuana.

Kemp averaged 14.6 points and 8.4 rebounds during his 14-year NBA career with Seattle, Cleveland, Portland and Orlando. In 1996, he led Seattle to its first Western Conference championship since 1979, before losing to Chicago in the NBA finals.

:banghead:

kingpala 09-29-2008 01:03 AM

Re: Shawn Kemp Sr. is kicked out of Italian team.

Wow. What a waste of talent. This guy should have topped out at top 10 best PFs in the NBA, EVER. Instead he decides to get into drugs...

Too bad he didn't go back to Italy.

ronnymac 09-29-2008 01:13 AM

What a loser. he has had ample opportunities to get his life order. yet he fails time after time. just 2 years ago the nuggets offerd him a spot. he got caught with a stash of pot in his car. that was the end of that. then the mavs offerd him a spot for there playoffs roster and he failed to even turn up for a schedueled workout. i dont know what goes through this guys mind.

White Chocolate 09-29-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pippen
"I am very sorry for my inability to return to the club in a timely manner due to personal issues," Kemp wrote in a letter posted on the team's website Saturday. "I'm very sorry that these unforeseen circumstances have resulted in the club's understandable decision."

Because Shawn has the intelligence to come up with something like that on his own.:roll: Dude is a moron and a disgrace.

Jordandunk23 09-29-2008 01:17 AM

no doubt he mead mistakes in his past, even recent past. but he didnt return to the ball club because there were some complications and family issues in houston due to hurrican ike. now i dont know the details on how badly it hit his people but he put his family first...

DuMa 09-29-2008 01:18 AM

he slept with the coach's daughter didnt he

White Chocolate 09-29-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
he slept with the coach's daughter didnt he

She's pregnant. I told you all Shawn Kempini was on his way!!

Hammertime 09-29-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
no doubt he mead mistakes in his past, even recent past. but he didnt return to the ball club because there were some complications and family issues in houston due to hurrican ike. now i dont know the details on how badly it hit his people but he put his family first...

Isn't it funny how complication and issues always happen to people with a LONG history of them?

It reminds me of an article I read at least a decade ago about Isaiah Rider. Never known for showing up to practice, he apparently had pipes in his house freeze about a dozen times one year and prevent him from going to practice. Now I know Minnesota is a cold place, but seriously?

worldbefree 09-29-2008 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pippen
He was also arrested in 2006 in Houston for possessing less than 60 grams of marijuana.

lolz, 60 grams is a lot.

miller-time 09-29-2008 01:48 AM

god damn it shawn kemp.

he was one of my favourite players when i was a kid, now he is nothing more than a distant disappointing memory.

White Chocolate 09-29-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worldbefree
lolz, 60 grams is a lot.

Shawn was probably going to smoke every last gram. Dude is an animal.

DCL 09-29-2008 02:23 AM

he lost all faith in getting sh!t done.

Solid Snake 09-29-2008 02:58 AM

It's just weird that Kemp's career average is only 14.6 ppg. Ok, that's explained by the fact that he had those years after taking the CIA Medicine.

But even before all of that, in any given month during his Seattle days (pre-internet), I would wonder what Kemp's scoring average was, and it always surprised me to see he was below 20ppg. You just assume he was an explosive 25ppg player. In fact he only averaged 20ppg one year and that was his first year for my hometown. For some reason it wasn't until AFTER Kemp had left Seattle did I realize that Payton was in fact their number one option.

Not sure why I just wrote all this.

jbot 09-29-2008 09:59 AM

he was once one of my fave players back in the day. like someone said, he's a waste of talent. he could have been one of the best.

oldenpolynice 09-29-2008 02:35 PM

Damn. I wanted to see how he would play in Italy. Well, actually, more than that I wanted to see how many Italian women he could knock up.