Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rate the last movie you watched. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104705)

pete's montreux 10-03-2008 04:07 AM

Rate the last movie you watched.

I watched the Hustler again. My fifth time, I think. It's a solid 9/10. The last scene when Eddie plays Minnesota Fats is legendary, and It's one of my all time favorite scenes. He couldn't lose, and he knew it. He wiped the floor with him, and thus he became Fast Eddie Felson, the best pool player in America.

:applause:

Next up for me: Once Upon a Time in America

Day La Ghetto 10-03-2008 04:25 AM

Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

true romance 8.5/10

CAAIDN 10-03-2008 09:46 AM

Tropic Thunder: 68%

An enjoyable comedy, mostly do to Downey's performance.

rufuspaul 10-03-2008 10:12 AM

No Country for Old Men

7/10. Great build up to a somewhat disappointing ending.

Legend of Josh 10-03-2008 11:02 AM

My girl and I hung out with her little six year old niece last Saturday night and rented Kung Fu Panda. I wasn't expecting anything too great, but damn I was actually quite shocked that it was time very well spent. I'd say one of the best cartoon-like flicks out there, ever.

boozehound 10-03-2008 11:03 AM

In Bruges. actually a really solid movie. Id say an 8/10

Franco Hamilton 10-03-2008 11:08 AM

Rocky IV.

It was quite a sight. I'm no film critic by any means but I thought it fulfilled just about every criteria out there! An instant classic. 6.5/10!

El Kabong 10-03-2008 11:09 AM

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I'd give it 7/10

Confusing as hell, lot's of stuff that doesn't get answered or explained (since they were designed as outs for sequels). Still, it's got some good performances in it, and as some excellent visuals. Music is top notch too.

Phar 10-03-2008 11:15 AM

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 8.5/10

I haven't had a good laugh in a minute =).

Sharas 10-03-2008 11:22 AM

rose red miniseries by stephen king.

7.5/10. very typical king haunted house stuff, but decent nevertheless.

johndeeregreen 10-03-2008 11:24 AM

"Collateral" - I wasn't expecting much, but the two things that needed to be there - stellar performances by Foxx and Cruise - were in spades. Not an Oscar-caliber film, but definitely a tip top action/suspense flick. 7/10.

pete's montreux 10-03-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
"Collateral" - I wasn't expecting much, but the two things that needed to be there - stellar performances by Foxx and Cruise - were in spades. Not an Oscar-caliber film, but definitely a tip top action/suspense flick. 7/10.

I was planning on watching that again. I haven't seen it since it came out.

Oh, and Once Upon A Time In America didn't work for some reason, so I'm patiently awaiting the download of On the Waterfront, and I know you're a fan of that.

I didn't realize OUATIA was almost four hours. :eek:

rufuspaul 10-03-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
My girl and I hung out with her little six year old niece last Saturday night and rented Kung Fu Panda. I wasn't expecting anything too great, but damn I was actually quite shocked that it was time very well spent. I'd say one of the best cartoon-like flicks out there, ever.

As the father of a young child, almost every movie I see in the theater nowadays is animated. Kung Fu Panda was indeed good, as was Bee Movie and Wall-E (one of the best movies I've seen, animated or not).

johndeeregreen 10-03-2008 11:30 AM

I've actually never seen Once Upon a Time, but I've heard nothing but good about it. I might try to d/l that one here, pretty quick. I'm patiently waiting for "Appaloosa" to find its way online, too, because I'm a sucker for Westerns, and hopefully it's decent.

And the car scene with Terry and his brother is easily one of the best in film history. I take it you've seen Waterfront before, no?

boozehound 10-03-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I've actually never seen Once Upon a Time, but I've heard nothing but good about it. I might try to d/l that one here, pretty quick. I'm patiently waiting for "Appaloosa" to find its way online, too, because I'm a sucker for Westerns, and hopefully it's decent.

And the car scene with Terry and his brother is easily one of the best in film history. I take it you've seen Waterfront before, no?

cant be as good as Once uPON A TIME in the west (sorry capsw lock)