Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Who should I keep? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108148)

QuestFor17 11-03-2008 03:35 PM

Who should I keep?

I get to keep 2 guys in my league, and I have CP3, Wade, and Amare...so I need to choose 2 of those. Keep in mind my league scores like this: 1 point for every 1 point, rebound, block, assist, steal...a negative point for turnovers, missed FTs, and missed FGs.

Which 2 should I keep? Whoever I leave out feels like I'm doing the wrong thing...

Zan Tabak 11-03-2008 03:43 PM

Re: Who should I keep?

CP3 and Amare..both are going to be top players for years to come. Wade is no doubt another great option ..but he's always a injury risk(even though he's seems to be healthy now)

benJAMin 11-03-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
CP3 and Amare..both are going to be top players for years to come. Wade is no doubt another great option ..but he's always a injury risk(even though he's seems to be healthy now)

exactly... and since CP and Amare's fg% and ft% are both fantastic, you're not losing as many points when it comes to that cat.

fuzzwuzz24 11-03-2008 08:09 PM

paul and amare amare will have to do even more next year when shaq retires

QuestFor17 11-04-2008 09:48 AM

I just see Wade having a 28-7-6 year. If he stays healthy, I think he'll be better than Paul, fantasy-wise. That's a big "if", though. The draft's tonight. Part of me wants to go with both Wade and Paul and have the best backcourt possible, but then Amare will have a 29-11 season and I'll be kicking myself.

trig 11-04-2008 10:30 AM

keep cp and amare. Wade potentially can be better but the injury risk is still there. Also, its harder to get quality pg and c than sg. you're all set in ast if you have cp plus you get a healthy amount of stls. Amare can give you uber high fg% and ft% and blocks.

benJAMin 11-04-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuestFor17
I just see Wade having a 28-7-6 year. If he stays healthy, I think he'll be better than Paul, fantasy-wise. That's a big "if", though. The draft's tonight. Part of me wants to go with both Wade and Paul and have the best backcourt possible, but then Amare will have a 29-11 season and I'll be kicking myself.

NOOOOOOOOO

DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE

In your league, Wade can be a nightmare. Huge TOs, lots of missed shots, very injury prone. Factor in CP's fg%, ft%, lack of TOs and unreal steals, and he more than makes up for his lower scoring compared to Wade.

Take CP and Amare all day long, for reasons from my last post.

tian820 11-04-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benJAMin
NOOOOOOOOO

DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE

In your league, Wade can be a nightmare. Huge TOs, lots of missed shots, very injury prone. Factor in CP's fg%, ft%, lack of TOs and unreal steals, and he more than makes up for his lower scoring compared to Wade.

Take CP and Amare all day long, for reasons from my last post.

:oldlol: Let the guy keep who he wants. He's looking for advice here, but ultimately it's up to him whether or not he wishes to use it or not. For me, it's CP and Amare and it's not really that close of a decision

benJAMin 11-04-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tian820
:oldlol: Let the guy keep who he wants. He's looking for advice here, but ultimately it's up to him whether or not he wishes to use it or not. For me, it's CP and Amare and it's not really that close of a decision

Oh, I'm letting the guy keep who he wants. I just figure that, the bigger deal I make out of it now, the more I can talk junk if he doesnt listen to me and it all falls apart :oldlol:

QuestFor17 11-05-2008 09:59 AM

I kept Paul and Amare. Here's my roster:

C - Amare
F - Gay
F - Durant
G - Joe Johnson
G - Paul
Util - K. Martin
Util - Maggette

Bnch - Rose
Bnch - D. Lee
Bnch - Ty Thomas
Bnch - Thaddeus Young
Bnch - Marvin Williams

benJAMin 11-05-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuestFor17
I kept Paul and Amare. Here's my roster:

C - Amare
F - Gay
F - Durant
G - Joe Johnson
G - Paul
Util - K. Martin
Util - Maggette

Bnch - Rose
Bnch - D. Lee
Bnch - Ty Thomas
Bnch - Thaddeus Young
Bnch - Marvin Williams

Holy sheeyat, your startling lineup in sick. How many teams in your league?

QuestFor17 11-05-2008 12:44 PM

8 teams, so everyone has some pretty good players. There were some lousy decisions made, though, which allowed some of these guys to slip to me.