Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Why is Bush still in office ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10894)

BigTicket 09-12-2006 05:51 AM

OT: Why is Bush still in office ?
 
Going to need you guys to help me out here, because as a Non-American watching this continuing debacle unfold I just don't get it, is there nothing you can do as a president in the US to get fired ?

War Crimes - yes
Torture - yes
Lying to the citizens repeatedly - yes
Breaking the law - yes
Complete incompetence - yes
No progress 5 years after 9/11 - yes
Secret prisons - yes

And the list goes on and on, and yet somehow you guys till keep him in office, why ?
At first it was just kinda funny really, looking at the guy you somehow elected president even if he didn't get the most votes, a guy who validated every anti-american prejudice you could possible have. But the joke stopped being funny 5 years ago, as the rest of us have to suffer the consequences of his actions as well but are unable to do anything about it.

At this point any claim you might once have had to being the land of liberty and justice is gone, along with any claim of moral superiority, and yet you continue to let him drag you down with him. :wtf:

Internet 09-12-2006 05:55 AM

yeah he isnt cool

LakersDynasty 09-12-2006 05:55 AM

Well, there's really no answer to your question. Basically it just comes down to this, the majority of the people in this country are ignorant, clueless, naive morons. Therefore, our President is an Idiot. What can you do as an individual when people are so dumb and still vote for him? :confusedshrug:

BigTicket 09-12-2006 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Well, there's really no answer to your question. Basically it just comes down to this, the majority of the people in this country are ignorant, clueless, naive morons. Therefore, our President is an Idiot. What can you do as an individual when people are so dumb and still vote for him? :confusedshrug:


People who disagree could get off their asses and vote against him, you guys still only have like 60% voter participation.

LakersDynasty 09-12-2006 05:59 AM

Should I put guns on people's heads that don't want to vote? I do my part, I can't be responsible for strangers.

Internet 09-12-2006 06:30 AM

hes gone soon anyway which will be good, George is a bigger tool than WTF.

TheHonestTruth 09-12-2006 09:39 AM

Same reason as why Stern is still the commish or why Kobe isn't in jail.

teisco 09-12-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTicket
Going to need you guys to help me out here, because as a Non-American watching this continuing debacle unfold I just don't get it, is there nothing you can do as a president in the US to get fired ?

War Crimes - yes
Torture - yes
Lying to the citizens repeatedly - yes
Breaking the law - yes
Complete incompetence - yes
No progress 5 years after 9/11 - yes
Secret prisons - yes

And the list goes on and on, and yet somehow you guys till keep him in office, why ?
At first it was just kinda funny really, looking at the guy you somehow elected president even if he didn't get the most votes, a guy who validated every anti-american prejudice you could possible have. But the joke stopped being funny 5 years ago, as the rest of us have to suffer the consequences of his actions as well but are unable to do anything about it.

At this point any claim you might once have had to being the land of liberty and justice is gone, along with any claim of moral superiority, and yet you continue to let him drag you down with him. :wtf:


He is part of the royal Bush family. His dad was head of the CIA, as well as holding presidential and vice presidential office. His pals Rumsfeld and Cheney have been in power in one form or the other for years and years. This is not an eight year sentence, it's a dynasty that goes waaaaay back.

JtotheIzzo 09-12-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teisco
He is part of the royal Bush family. His dad was head of the CIA, as well as holding presidential and vice presidential office. His pals Rumsfeld and Cheney have been in power in one form or the other for years and years. This is not an eight year sentence, it's a dynasty that goes waaaaay back.


Cant wait for Jeb in 2012.

That is why the Bushes are down with Clinton now, they have a scheme to maintain the dynasty. Let Bill's wife win in '08, give Hillary four years of shiiiit (someone has gotta clean up this mess, might as well be the Democrats), then Jeb comes in like the prodigal son in 2012.

^the Bush master plan

Knoe Itawl 09-12-2006 09:51 AM

The answer is simple, really. The average American is an uninformed dolt, content to be spoon fed information from the mass media instead of bothering to actually think critically.

I mean, how anyone who makes under 200k per year could endorse Bush is well beyond me. I could be here all day talking about how much of an embarassment, failure and malevolent force he's been, but I'll just point to this simple quote of his.

(Talking to a room full of wealthy, white people). "I guess you could say this is my base"

Now, some may dismiss that as harmless joking. I don't. How are you going to be the President of ALL AMERICANS, rich poor and otherwise and even jokingly say the wealthy are your "base". He made it perfectly clear who he goes to bat for, and where his loyalties lie.

Republicans are brilliant at making people they don't give a shyt about (ie, the poor or middle class) vote for them by bringing up non issues like Terry Schiavo, gay marriage and other shy to distract away from the REAL issues plaguing this country.

JtotheIzzo 09-12-2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl

(Talking to a room full of wealthy, white people). "I guess you could say this is my base"



I am not a Bush supporter, but that quote you are talking about was taken out of context by Michael Moore in his 911 movie (which is mostly BS btw).

That quote was from an annual fundraiser for the Arch-Bishop of New York's charities. Politicians supposed to mock themselves at this dinner, adn Bush was sitting at a table with McCain, Kerry, and Bill Clinton.

Hardly how it was portrayed.

that being said Bush has to be an embarassment to every educated American.

intheAmazon 09-12-2006 01:50 PM




pgm 09-12-2006 05:10 PM

While Bush certainly hasn't done a good job in my opinion, he has not done anything bad enough to warrant impeachment. Americans had a chance to remove him from office and failed.

Besides, if Bush was removed, Cheney would be in charge.

hawks4life 09-12-2006 05:24 PM

he hasnt done a good job but he hasnt done a bad job

his opponent john karey or w.e that was...what do you think he would have done differently? not gone to war to please a few ppl? how much longer you think those ppl against the war would stand that way after terrorsits would basically be getting the green light that they can **** with us and we wont do anything back...then what? kary would have to go to war. we would still be at where we are now...im not saying bush has done goood, im just saying IMO that bush has us where we are quicker and a few less terrorists attacks than kerry would have led us through.

BigTicket 09-12-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawks4life
he hasnt done a good job but he hasnt done a bad job

his opponent john karey or w.e that was...what do you think he would have done differently? not gone to war to please a few ppl? how much longer you think those ppl against the war would stand that way after terrorsits would basically be getting the green light that they can **** with us and we wont do anything back...then what? kary would have to go to war. we would still be at where we are now...im not saying bush has done goood, im just saying IMO that bush has us where we are quicker and a few less terrorists attacks than kerry would have led us through.


You're kidding right ? Please say you aren't actually that ignorant.

Iraq had nothing to do with Bin Laden or any other terrorism on the US as has been proven over and over again. Being soft on terrorism and not wanting to start an unprovoced war are 2 entirely different things.

Beyond that though how many laws are you ok with Bush breaking ? Apparently the many he has broken so far don't bother you so maybe give me a shortlist of the ones you wouldnt allow him to break ?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy