Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Crawford for Horford (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108946)

RapsFan 11-10-2008 01:18 PM

Crawford for Horford

I would be getting Horford.

Outside of 1 bad game from Jamal, he's been insane in terms of scoring/3's and even FG% has been solid.

Horford playing bad....no smoove in town for a month though.

benJAMin 11-10-2008 01:20 PM

Re: Crawford for Horford

How badly do you need a C? Horford has been weak, but his game without Smoov last night was very solid. I seem to remember you being a bit dependent on Crawford's assists and threes as well, but maybe I'm wrong?

RapsFan 11-10-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benJAMin
How badly do you need a C? Horford has been weak, but his game without Smoov last night was very solid. I seem to remember you being a bit dependent on Crawford's assists and threes as well, but maybe I'm wrong?

I lost Tparker for a month, and yes Jamal's 3's make a big impact on me. Horford and Jamal actually get similar dimes, but obviously that won't remain the same. I don't need a C in terms of position, it's getting the extra bds and blks, less TOs.

Basically I would move to the top in blks and bds (10 and 10 from say 7 and 7), and fall to middle of the pack in 3's (9 to a 5/6) and scoring.

But, how good could Jamal be with D'Antoni. I looked at some numbers without that 0-6 stinker, and he's like 48% FG!!....23 ppg and 3.8 3's! I know you have to count every game, but he's overall been very good.

Horford can't remain at 8 and 8....so it's a tough call for me.

RapsFan 11-10-2008 07:39 PM

What about Beasley for Crawford?

runningdonut 11-10-2008 07:50 PM

Personally I would stick with Jamal. I have Horford and Beasley on my team, I would probably trade either of them for Crawford right now. So I think you have the better player right now but it's a tough call

RapsFan 11-10-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningdonut
Personally I would stick with Jamal. I have Horford and Beasley on my team, I would probably trade either of them for Crawford right now. So I think you have the better player right now but it's a tough call

I know what you're saying. It's roto, so it's really a category call. I have Mike Miller, Jax, Dirk, Calderon, RJ hitting 3's....Marquis gets a bit (filling in for Tony Parker). Could use the extra bds/blks and FG% (in theory with Beasley). But, I like Jamal a lot also, would keep him, but IMO Jax/Miller are too much to give up for Horford/Beasley types.

runningdonut 11-10-2008 08:15 PM

Cool man you got a solid team and I can see why you wanna trade being fine with scoring and 3s, my team actually needs that right now.

I would favor Beasley over Horford slightly in your situation. He is a lock to get more playing time and this guy is great all around, great percentages too. Horford is going to be bigger on boards and blocks and it's a good time to get him now with smoove out. I really like the upside with Beasley though this guy has been one of the most solid dudes on my team so far

benJAMin 11-10-2008 10:57 PM

I'd rather you had Horford over Beasley. Horford's numbers will go up without Smoov, and they'll stay up IMO with some newfound confidence and opportunity.

That said, I think you stick with Crawford. He's gonna continue to light it up, and his value in a month from now will bring a bigger prize than Horford.

RapsFan 11-10-2008 11:28 PM

My league is really tough to make deals in...we've been going at it for 7 years now.

I just don't know who else I could target. I am going to teams that need 3's. One has Dalembert, but I think I would rather have Beasley....I don't need THAT many bds/blks. The other GM needs 3's bad...but wouldn't do Dre for Jamal straight up...but he's considering Horford.

RapsFan 11-11-2008 12:34 PM

Beasley for Crawford was accepted!! :rockon:

On paper, in terms of my roto standings, it helps my team a lot. Time will tell.

benJAMin 11-11-2008 01:22 PM

Nice!

What round was Beasley taken in? Might be a good keeper for the future as well, I cant remember who your keepers were this year but he's gotta be near the top of the list.

RapsFan 11-11-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benJAMin
Nice!

What round was Beasley taken in? Might be a good keeper for the future as well, I cant remember who your keepers were this year but he's gotta be near the top of the list.

He was taken in the 6th round I think this year, so that means I'd get him next year in the 6th round...which is nice!