Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Does any1 think the Tim Thomas was a good trade? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10932)

PhxFanAtBirth 09-12-2006 06:28 PM

Does any1 think the Tim Thomas was a good trade?

Tim Thomas is gonna screw you guys over. You'll see, hes slow when it comes to defense. (but useful in the Arch) Hes got a good 3 point shot(only when no one is gaurding him) His jumper is good and hes one horrible passer.

In my opinion you guys wayyyyyyyyy overpayed for him. you should've put that money towards some new rookies or keeping some old vetereans.

Tell me what you think.

adiedanny 09-12-2006 06:44 PM

First of all we aquired him through free agency not a trade and yes it was an excellent signing. All we want from him is to spread the floor, we have top notch defenders in Brand, Kaman, Ross and Livingston. We also Resigned our veteran player Sam Cassell who doesn't play D either but is such an asset to the team, we don't need him to play D. We will see at the begining of the season if the TT signing either helped us or hurt you guys when we play.

PhxFanAtBirth 09-12-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adiedanny
First of all we aquired him through free agency not a trade and yes it was an excellent signing. All we want from him is to spread the floor, we have top notch defenders in Brand, Kaman, Ross and Livingston. We also Resigned our veteran player Sam Cassell who doesn't play D either but is such an asset to the team, we don't need him to play D. We will see at the begining of the season if the TT signing either helped us or hurt you guys when we play.

Yea but i mean i dont know how well tt will fit in with the clippers. He plays teh run and gun style too

clipps 09-12-2006 08:25 PM

Clippers play a run-in-gun style as well.

PhxFanAtBirth 09-12-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipps
Clippers play a run-in-gun style as well.

Not entirely. with big guys like kamen and elton brand it makes it hard. (more of the problem is kamen)

clipps 09-12-2006 09:32 PM

Don't be so sure about that. Kaman is one of the better run-in-gun players in the league. I guess what I ment to say is that the Clippers CAN play run-in-gun basketball. Elton Brand is great at running the floor too. That's what makes the Clippers so dangerous. They can play at any tempo. Tim Thomas is here to replace Vladimer Radmanovic and you and I both know that Tim Thomas is a better asset than Vlad. He may nt be as good a shooter as rad is, but Thomis is still a respectful shooter. He will still have the floor spread like Rad did, Thomas is also more skilled than Radmanovic. It's not like the Clippers lost anything. They gained someone that is just as good, probably better of a player than Radmanovic is. But we will tell when the season starts. If Thomas goes back to the player he was in New York and Chicago, the Clippers are so deep that it won't hurt them. The Clippers are probably one of the most complete teams in the league as far as defense, shooting, inside scoring, slashing, rebounding, etc. The Clippers can do it all. The Clippers played the run-in-gun game with Phoenix, the one team that's dangerous when it comes to the run-in-gun game. They took them to game 7 and were one Raja Bell brick away from being in the WCF. And this upcoming season, I expect nothing less than the Clippers going to the WCF. And I think that it will be the Clippers and Suns in the WCF this season. I see an exciting rivalry forming. I'm still bitter from the series loss to the Suns. They will be a rivalry for the ages. Trust me on that. 10 years from now, people will remember every Clipper/Suns matchup as an intense, heated matchup that will be exciting to watch. I actually believe the Clippers and Suns are better than the Spurs and Mavericks. Maybe I'm the only one who believes that. But I don't care, the Clippers and Suns are the 2 best teams in the west and they will prove it this upcoming season. The Spurs are on their way down in my opinion. I think they will win 50-55 games while the Suns and Clippers win around 60 games. The Mavs, though, they will be tough. But I still think the Suns and Clippers will be on top of them. I'm glad I renewed my subscription to NBA League pass because I live in New Mexico and I'm gunna watch the Clippers extra closely. I can't wait for the season opener to start. It will be off the wall.

PhxFanAtBirth 09-12-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipps
Don't be so sure about that. Kaman is one of the better run-in-gun players in the league. I guess what I ment to say is that the Clippers CAN play run-in-gun basketball. Elton Brand is great at running the floor too. That's what makes the Clippers so dangerous. They can play at any tempo. Tim Thomas is here to replace Vladimer Radmanovic and you and I both know that Tim Thomas is a better asset than Vlad. He may nt be as good a shooter as rad is, but Thomis is still a respectful shooter. He will still have the floor spread like Rad did, Thomas is also more skilled than Radmanovic. It's not like the Clippers lost anything. They gained someone that is just as good, probably better of a player than Radmanovic is. But we will tell when the season starts. If Thomas goes back to the player he was in New York and Chicago, the Clippers are so deep that it won't hurt them. The Clippers are probably one of the most complete teams in the league as far as defense, shooting, inside scoring, slashing, rebounding, etc. The Clippers can do it all. The Clippers played the run-in-gun game with Phoenix, the one team that's dangerous when it comes to the run-in-gun game. They took them to game 7 and were one Raja Bell brick away from being in the WCF. And this upcoming season, I expect nothing less than the Clippers going to the WCF. And I think that it will be the Clippers and Suns in the WCF this season. I see an exciting rivalry forming. I'm still bitter from the series loss to the Suns. They will be a rivalry for the ages. Trust me on that. 10 years from now, people will remember every Clipper/Suns matchup as an intense, heated matchup that will be exciting to watch. I actually believe the Clippers and Suns are better than the Spurs and Mavericks. Maybe I'm the only one who believes that. But I don't care, the Clippers and Suns are the 2 best teams in the west and they will prove it this upcoming season. The Spurs are on their way down in my opinion. I think they will win 50-55 games while the Suns and Clippers win around 60 games. The Mavs, though, they will be tough. But I still think the Suns and Clippers will be on top of them. I'm glad I renewed my subscription to NBA League pass because I live in New Mexico and I'm gunna watch the Clippers extra closely. I can't wait for the season opener to start. It will be off the wall.

See now you i respect you dont bash the suns just because of the loss you had to us i appreciate that. And yes the suns are better than san antonio and clippers may be (San antonio is getting ooollllddd duncan will be out soon and ginobli is getting up there. im sure people say the same thing about nash but with a proper backup he'll be a great asset.) My only worry for you is that sammy is getting old he may start to decline soon elton brand will be good all i can say is start reeling in some rookies. (Tim isn't as great as you think he is.)

goillcity 09-12-2006 10:07 PM

i'm not a huge fan of thomas he's a good player but his attitude isn't up to par with the clips organization

PhxFanAtBirth 09-12-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goillcity
i'm not a huge fan of thomas he's a good player but his attitude isn't up to par with the clips organization

but it was for the suns?

goillcity 09-12-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
but it was for the suns?

no his attitude is a problem wherever he is
the bulls let him go for nothing, he wouldn't conform to the teams identity
i don't think he'll do well on the clippers, i don't think he did that well in phoenix, i didn't watch many phoenix games though.
except for playoff games where he looked decent
i think he's got good stuff but needs to change his attitude
phoenix should kill this year i like the fact that they added eric piakowski

PhxFanAtBirth 09-12-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goillcity
no his attitude is a problem wherever he is
the bulls let him go for nothing, he wouldn't conform to the teams identity
i don't think he'll do well on the clippers, i don't think he did that well in phoenix, i didn't watch many phoenix games though.
except for playoff games where he looked decent
i think he's got good stuff but needs to change his attitude
phoenix should kill this year i like the fact that they added eric piakowski

Thx for being optimistic no1 else is

clipps 09-12-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

See now you i respect you dont bash the suns just because of the loss you had to us i appreciate that. And yes the suns are better than san antonio and clippers may be (San antonio is getting ooollllddd duncan will be out soon and ginobli is getting up there. im sure people say the same thing about nash but with a proper backup he'll be a great asset.) My only worry for you is that sammy is getting old he may start to decline soon elton brand will be good all i can say is start reeling in some rookies. (Tim isn't as great as you think he is.)

Yeah. It would be nice if Cassell was 5 years younger, but that just means it will be a huge year for Livingston. This year will make or break whether Livingston will be a star or a bust. I have faith in him. Livingston will have a great season. He should be the starting point guard for the Clippers before the all-star break. I think Tim Duncan has 2 more superstar years left in him and then he'll really have to rely on Parker and Ginobili. Fortunately for the Spurs, they have a world class organization. I know in a year or 2, they will do something big. But for now, atleast Parker's young. Steve Nash is in his early 30s so he should continue to be the great player he is until his contract expires. I think Brand and Dirk are the 2 top PFs in the league. Duncan is still a superstar but he declined big time this past season and Kevin Garnett should be the number 4 best PF until he's a winner. I'm not expecting greatness from Tim Thomas. But I am expecting an improvement over Radmanovic.

hutcht02 09-13-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

It's all good man. We're not Laker fans. We don't get all pissed off because we know we lost to you guys. Your team played a good game. Good luck next year.:pimp:

PhxFanAtBirth 09-13-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hutcht02
It's all good man. We're not Laker fans. We don't get all pissed off because we know we lost to you guys. Your team played a good game. Good luck next year.:pimp:

Thx man same to you bro

adiedanny 09-15-2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

If you notice every other Team fan comes into our Forum with respect. You asked a legitimate question with respect and without bashing so you received the same back. The only Team fans that gets bashed on is the Laker fans that come in here bashing. You guys can emphasize with us because your Teams have had their not so great years as well. The Lakers have always been a dominent force now they are reduced to a Team struggling to make the playoffs, I guess you could say its shock and jealosy because their little brother who they have always knocked around has grown and can now knock them on their rear. I can't wait till the begining of the season to see if that great series continues with The Suns.