Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gideons....Let Me Go to Class in Peace (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110025)

Dasher 11-19-2008 10:06 AM

Gideons....Let Me Go to Class in Peace

Why do these cats have to hand out mini Bibles on a cold ass day? It is like 55 degrees outside, and windy. They are blocking walkways and standing on every corner like D-Boys. GTFOutta MY WAY!!! They are nice people, but I hate missionaries, they are the harbringer of death to functioning society. First come the missionaries(to sow discontent), followed by goods(usually overpriced trinkets), then disease, and finally conquest.

F*ck Gideons, and their motel Bibles!

/rant

rufuspaul 11-19-2008 10:15 AM

Re: Gideons....Let Me Go to Class in Peace

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasher
Why do these cats have to hand out mini Bibles on a cold ass day? It is like 55 degrees outside, and windy. They are blocking walkways and standing on every corner like D-Boys. GTFOutta MY WAY!!! They are nice people, but I hate missionaries, they are the harbringer of death to functioning society. First come the missionaries(to sow discontent), followed by goods(usually overpriced trinkets), then disease, and finally conquest.

/rant

:oldlol: At you thinking 55 is cold. I forget you're in Fl. sometimes. Speaking of which, how was Gameday?

gencbiba 11-19-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasher

/rant

55? You got it good man. There were some flakes in NYC yesterday. Cold as hell right now. Not as bad as when I was upstate though. It would snow 70% of the school year over there.

Dasher 11-19-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
:oldlol: At you thinking 55 is cold. I forget you're in Fl. sometimes. Speaking of which, how was Gameday?

It was nice. There was a bit of unpleasantness with some FSU fans showing up in blackface, and with Obama effigies. It is what it is, I guess.

Corso put on that ugly Rattler head, the mascot looks gayer than most mascots, and we proceeded to whoop some Pirate ass.:rockon:

The club was live afterwards.:rockon:

It's been a good year to be a Rattler.

The Classic is this weekend, Bethune is going down.:rockon:

Never used the rockon smiley before.

Or this one either::hammertime:

Dasher 11-19-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gencbiba
55? You got it good man. There were some flakes in NYC yesterday. Cold as hell right now. Not as bad as when I was upstate though. It would snow 70% of the school year over there.

I am a tropical person. Alabama winters were tough on me. I have never gotten used to being cold. I hate wind, and if I never see snow again it will be too soon. Memories of 1993 are still fresh in my mind. Snow es bollocks.

RidonKs 11-19-2008 11:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjLFG0i2_AE

JEFFERSON MONEY 11-19-2008 11:31 AM

Dasher, what classes are ya taking?

Itz been in the high 30z up here in storrz with bitter cold. Sh!tz off the wall, but I dig it. One thing that keeps me awake.

JayGuevara 11-19-2008 12:20 PM

Last night it was 20 degrees (and windy) as I got outta work. So it probably felt like 10 degrees outside. Oh how I love the winter.

Hawker 11-19-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Yes, and I'm sure you'll be crying your ass off in the summer over 85 degree weather. Happens on ISH every single year.

Gideons came to Texas A&M a few weeks ago. I took a bible out of boredness.

Hawker 11-19-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gencbiba

Damn, I'm going to be in for a treat when I go up to NYC. A short sleeve shirt and a fleece wont be enough!

Dasher 11-19-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Dasher, what classes are ya taking?

Itz been in the high 30z up here in storrz with bitter cold. Sh!tz off the wall, but I dig it. One thing that keeps me awake.

Immunology
Cell Bio
Women,Witch Craft,and Religion
Cell Bio Lab
Immunology
Animal Behavior
Food and Man