Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jermaine O'Neal ??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1102)

bk15 06-11-2006 10:58 AM

Jermaine O'Neal ???

Rumor has it that Raptors and Pacers discussing trading Jermaine O'Neal for players and the #1 pick?

Front Court
O'Neal
BOSH
Charlie V

NASTY

GoRapz 06-11-2006 11:07 AM

actually, wasn't the rumour Jermaine O'Neal for Villanueva and #1?

T-Low 06-11-2006 11:54 AM

Actually the trade was never announced from what i hear. The rumour was that O'Neal would be traded to the Raps in a package deal. I don't the Colangelo would give up Villy that easily.

Unregistered 06-11-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Low
Actually the trade was never announced from what i hear. The rumour was that O'Neal would be traded to the Raps in a package deal. I don't the Colangelo would give up Villy that easily.

JO is almost 30 and every single year gets injured. Yet, we want to deal a promising player in Cvill, who could become a 20 ppg guy very soon AND the #1 draft pick? JO also makes like 80 freakin' million over the enxt 4 years! And you want to do this deal 'easily'. That is crazy.

T-Low 06-11-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
JO is almost 30 and every single year gets injured. Yet, we want to deal a promising player in Cvill, who could become a 20 ppg guy very soon AND the #1 draft pick? JO also makes like 80 freakin' million over the enxt 4 years! And you want to do this deal 'easily'. That is crazy.

I am just saying what it said in this article:

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=143110&format=&page=2','151'

It talks about the Pre-Draft camp....

I liked Jermaine O'Neal honestly back in the day and when he actually plays. But would we want to take that risk of taking him?

Unregistered 06-11-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Low
I am just saying what it said in this article:

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=143110&format=&page=2','151'

It talks about the Pre-Draft camp....

I liked Jermaine O'Neal honestly back in the day and when he actually plays. But would we want to take that risk of taking him?

Not a chance for me. Aldridge with some seasoning could become a JO type player and is way younger and less costly. JO has a CRAZY contract and plays like 40 games a season, terrible. Great player, but definitely not worth it.

T-Low 06-11-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Not a chance for me. Aldridge with some seasoning could become a JO type player and is way younger and less costly. JO has a CRAZY contract and plays like 40 games a season, terrible. Great player, but definitely not worth it.

I agree with you on this comment. But people are saying take him cause of his "all-star" status. But you need to look into his game. It is great....when he plays. If Aldridge could work on his back to the basket game a little more, than this guy could be the real deal. They said last year wasn't going to be a draft for stars to come out of. What about Chris Paul? He did great.....who says Aldridge can't do the same...

Raptors4life 06-11-2006 12:15 PM

I dont really like this trade either because if we give up CV and #1 it is a huge price to pay plus it ruins our salary cap situation!

also adding the fact he gets hurt loads and misses load of games it doesnt really help!

can you people see him asking to be traded or bitcing bout everything??

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 12:15 PM

I think the risk of taking JO is too big. If he was 100% healthy it would be a good trade, but what are the chances of that. Another thing is his age, his not OLD, but by the team the young Raptors are ready to make some serious noise he will be. The Raps are building something, and it's for the future.

T-Low 06-11-2006 12:22 PM

No Person has no problems when it comes to the NBA. This game has become a lot more injury prone than it did back in the day. But I believe JO is a big risk in Toronto's situation. I believe if they keep on going the way they are going, they can be a good team. But I guess we shoud leave it to Colangelo. He has the power to make the trades, and done so in the past real good.

craigthomasb 06-11-2006 12:33 PM

i'd rather trade the #1, #35 and #56 to indiana for david harrison, #17 pick and a future 1st rounder (2007's meant to be a good draft class)

then indiana can get adam morrison and keep o'neal, the raptors then get a very solid centre, and a back up SG @ #17 (maurice ager or rudy fernandez) and we will still have a tonne of cap room, but more even

calderon / ukic
peterson / ager
villaneuava / graham
bosh / humphries / bonner
PRYZIBLA / harrison / sow

so, if we could get pryzibla for a reasonable price he'd ben our main banger with harrison for back up, we'd still have plenty of money to spend on a point guard we wanted (or go with the low risk option and give jay willaims a one year contract)

the pacers would look pretty good aswell

tinsley
jackson
morrison
o'neal
foster

6th man peja?

T-Low 06-11-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigthomasb

the pacers would look pretty good aswell

tinsley
jackson
morrison
o'neal
foster

6th man peja?

Peja Stojakovic would not come off the bench to Adam Morrison. It is the other way around. But that is if Peja comes back.

Danny 06-11-2006 01:11 PM

Guyz.. its not the first pick + CV deal for ONeal..
its just the first pick + garbage..

Toronto outgoing .. #1 pick + Alvin Williams + Eric Williams
Incoming .. J ONeal + Cash

Indiana outgoing.. J ONeal + Cash
Incoming .. #1 pick + Alvin Williams + Eric Williams

I wouldnt do this deal personally becuz ONeal has 4 years left on his contract and approximately owed bout 80 Million over 4 years.. this would leave us with no capspace .. may be if ONeal didnt have a bad back over the couple of years then i might would have done it.

Bourne 06-11-2006 01:34 PM

Danny are you retarded?

T-Low 06-11-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny
Guyz.. its not the first pick + CV deal for ONeal..
its just the first pick + garbage..

Toronto outgoing .. #1 pick + Alvin Williams + Eric Williams
Incoming .. J ONeal + Cash

Indiana outgoing.. J ONeal + Cash
Incoming .. #1 pick + Alvin Williams + Eric Williams

I have found the web site where it says "JO for 1st rounder package" but i can't find the site. Where is it?