Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Top Free Agent Pick Up For Raps? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118)

T-Low 06-11-2006 12:48 PM

Top Free Agent Pick Up For Raps?

If you had a choice to pick up 1 or 2 free agents, who would that be and why? I want full details. And Salary Cap does come into affect. Also, give how much you would pay for their "services"...

bk15 06-11-2006 01:21 PM

PG Jay Williams for sure

Bourne 06-11-2006 01:31 PM

Marcus Banks.

If things pan out, he can be the franchise point guard for us. Unfortunately for the good C FA's like joel jizzy, they do not fit into the system BC wants to implement in Toronto (I think he wants to imitate the suns). Aldridge would fit well in that system tho.

T-Low 06-11-2006 01:37 PM

I would honestly like if Toronto picked up a good Free Agent this off-season. Maybe Peja. I dunno who's all out there for sure cause I have not checked the Free Agent list for a while.

bk15 06-11-2006 01:41 PM

Nazr Mohammed --- Bobby Jackson (hes sick)
DeShawn Stevenson --- Ronald Dupree
Slava Medvedenko --- Kelvin Cato

Unregistered 06-11-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk15
Nazr Mohammed --- Bobby Jackson (hes sick)
DeShawn Stevenson --- Ronald Dupree
Slava Medvedenko --- Kelvin Cato

I am glad no raps fans asid Pryz. If he could hold up Claxton is interesting, as is Ben Wallace. I know he's older but that would brind huge credibility to the Raps. I do not want to hear Pryz and Nene's names EVER brought up for the raps. They are injured all the time and Pryz is horrible.

Danny 06-11-2006 03:19 PM

As far as I know BC mentioned that he doesnt like the Free Agency market this year and might wait for next years free agency.. he said on Fan 590 that he might sign players who he thinks have the potential to contribute and give them an year . This way he can save the money for next years free agency.

If we save this money in the capspace and win 40-45 games with the current roster and a few minor additions.. dont be surprised if we get a top free agent pick up in 2007-08 season..

Raptors4life 06-11-2006 03:24 PM

Is there any new news about Jay Will coming to the raptors??

or is it just talking about him trying-out for other teams??

craigthomasb 06-11-2006 04:26 PM

theres different types of free agents i'd like us to look at

PG's

1. marcus banks - as a potential starter
2. jay willaims - to start as back up and see how good he is, then assess his situation next summer

SF's

trever ariza - as he would be very nice back up to charlie V (if we didnt have joey graham) he plays defense, is hungry, wouldnt cost much, still very young, a but of a project but has shown he is very capable at this level

C's

Jackie Butler - again, young, but he can block shots and would be a good "project" to have, and a very capable 3rd string centre to start off with

Dr.Funk 06-12-2006 11:39 AM

Jay Williams and Joel Pryzbilla.

bk15 06-13-2006 11:21 AM

Does the raptors have enough cap space to pick up banks, williams, pryzbilla and draft aldridge??

Unregistered 06-13-2006 11:34 AM

They should try for some deal with Portland...

Not necessarily on Pryz - but Jarret Jack.

School buddy of Chris.

Sebastian Talfir is the Portland PG of the future - so they should deal for some combination - even a Pape Sow and a furture pick.

J Miles 23 06-13-2006 11:38 AM

^ just cuz TELFAIR is the pg of the future..theres a reason they drafted Jack the year after they drafted tELFAIR
..damn unregistered can't even spell his name

what about flip murray? thoughts

Unregistered 06-13-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Miles 23
^ just cuz TELFAIR is the pg of the future..theres a reason they drafted Jack the year after they drafted tELFAIR
..damn unregistered can't even spell his name

what about flip murray? thoughts

What ever - spelling....

Portland has a reason to move a lot of bodies.

Portland drafted Jack for a reason? Because....? Enlighten me wise one.

He was likely the best talent available at the time when they didnt having pressing needs at 5 (Pryz and Theo), 4 (Zach) 3 (they have always had need at 3 it seems) 2, 1.....

J Miles 23 06-13-2006 12:41 PM

well first..if ur gonna reply to posts...get a damn username..and if ur gonna be a "knowledgeable" poster..u should get a dudes name right

obviously they weren't completely sold on telfair as being the "future" ..y would they trade him when hes stil young and has a cheap contract

and they traded for Jack