Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Joey Vs. Gerald Green (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1121)

bk15 06-11-2006 01:49 PM

Joey Vs. Gerald Green

You think the raps made a mistake? or good pick?

Bourne 06-11-2006 02:27 PM

Green is a punk, he wouldn't play in Toronto anyway. Green will be better than Joey, but I still think joey was a good pick. A solid, low maintenance player that tries hard to play D.

T-Low 06-11-2006 02:38 PM

I don't think that Gerald Green will be a great player though. He is a "Dunk Competition" type player. Joey Graham had a average season this year. I think he might have a way better season now that he nows what he is going into. Just wait for Joey Graham to explode. I don't regret the pick.

Danny 06-11-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne
Green is a punk, he wouldn't play in Toronto anyway. Green will be better than Joey, but I still think joey was a good pick. A solid, low maintenance player that tries hard to play D.

I have to agree with you on this one... even tho i am a retard..

albertpujols 06-11-2006 03:36 PM

Gerald Green has shown that he just has hops. I think there was surely no mistake made.

Salami_N_Cheese 06-11-2006 05:45 PM

Joey graham will be a good player in a year or two...when the raptors are ready to make a real run in the playoffs. Gerald Green will take 4-5 years before he becomes a good player (like T-Mac). Therefore Joey Graham is a better player for the raptors. PLus Green has that cockiness that will eventually lead to him getting good, than leaving the raptors (if we picked him) for more money in the states.

Unregistered 06-11-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salami_N_Cheese
Joey graham will be a good player in a year or two...when the raptors are ready to make a real run in the playoffs. Gerald Green will take 4-5 years before he becomes a good player (like T-Mac). Therefore Joey Graham is a better player for the raptors. PLus Green has that cockiness that will eventually lead to him getting good, than leaving the raptors (if we picked him) for more money in the states.

I disagree. Graham is ok, but Green has easily more skillz. Did anyone watch him play late this year for Boston? He has a change to be great and we all make 'character' comments and really, we have no idea what type of guy he is. Graham is ok, but that's it.

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 08:50 PM

I think Green will be more likely to be a superstar, but I don't regret it at all. Graham plays tough D and Toronto already has a superstar in Bosh, and two reliable options in Charlie and MoPete. There isn't any need to have Green on the roster, Grahams a better fit.

Bigtortiaman 06-11-2006 10:32 PM

i think the raps are misusing joey and he needs to be used more like corliss williamson in detriot

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 11:50 PM

Whatever happened to Corliss Williamson anyway... he kinda just disapeared. Or did I miss a retirement party of some sort?

Bigtortiaman 06-12-2006 08:29 AM

^yah where the hell is he

last i heard he was playing for the kings

browntown 06-12-2006 09:07 AM

I assume Green well be better then Graham. but like everyone mentioned he is perfect for our team, we need defence and he well povide that, esspecaily in the future.

Bigtortiaman your right Corliss Williamson is with the kings, you dont notice him because he's like the last player of the bench lol.

Dr.Funk 06-12-2006 11:51 AM

The mistake was made when we passed on Danny Granger. Gerald Green didnt want to be here no there was no mistake there even though is will be the beter player.

DoubleTech 06-12-2006 12:24 PM

alllllllright

i give you guys my personal guarantee that joey G will be a MUCH better player this season.

gerald green is the 2nd coming of JR Smith. Athletic dunker who can shoot the ball but can't play ANY defense whatsoever and has a bad attitude. He'll have his moments when he shines with his athleticism, but will then find himself stapled to the bench after his man continuously blows by him for layups.

graham will be a big contributor to our team this season, he's only going to build on his rookie campaign. also remember that it was graham who tested as the best athlete before last years draft. he dominated the bench, sprints and vertical leap.

Chamberlain 06-12-2006 12:46 PM

As far as THIS season goes I agree he'll be more valuable than Green, but in the long run Green will be the better player.