Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Timberwolves fire coach Randy Wittman, Kevin McHale takes over (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112280)

pete's montreux 12-08-2008 12:01 PM

Timberwolves fire coach Randy Wittman, Kevin McHale takes over

http://www.insidehoops.com/wolves-fi...n-120808.shtml

west 12-08-2008 12:02 PM

Re: I'm sorry Minny fans, Wittman fired, McHale takes over.

oh no..........................:cry: :rant :wtf: :violin: :banghead:
McFail is the only person in the NBA comparable with Isiah Thomas:ohwell:

boozehound 12-08-2008 12:02 PM

well ****.

At least he can be held accountable if hes coaching them as well right? :confusedshrug:

blazerftc 12-08-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
well ****.

At least he can be held accountable if hes coaching them as well right? :confusedshrug:

I think the funniest thing in the universe would be in the T-wolves started winning now. I'm not a McHale fan or anything, but the amount of hate directed at him around here before now would make the irony complete. Especially when you also take into consideration Danny Ainge...

ihatetimthomas 12-08-2008 12:19 PM

Re: Timbervolves fire coach Randy Wittman fired, Kevin McHale takes over

RIP Wolves

FireMcFailPlease 12-08-2008 12:19 PM

Begining of the end of the mcfail era here in Minny.

Today was a good first step, Twittman is the worst coach in the NBA. If/probable that Mcfail cant coach these guys to a respectable/watchable product, he's likely ousted.

Good day today, good day indead.

steve 12-08-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Begining of the end of the mcfail era here in Minny.

Wasn't that the same thing said the last time McHale was inserted as coach?

FireMcFailPlease 12-08-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve
Wasn't that the same thing said the last time McHale was inserted as coach?

That was until McFail went on to coach an actually respectable 19-12 record back in 05. That was with KG though, he's got no KG this time around and nobody to play an lick of defense, especially with Brewer out for the year.

JJ81 12-08-2008 12:32 PM

Re: Timberwolves fire coach Randy Wittman, Kevin McHale takes over

He looks like frankenstein

gencbiba 12-08-2008 12:34 PM

It's about time? Honestly... I hope he fails horribly and is forced to quit or he just gets fired. TWolves fans deserve better.

steve 12-08-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
That was until McFail went on to coach an actually respectable 19-12 record back in 05. That was with KG though, he's got no KG this time around and nobody to play an lick of defense, especially with Brewer out for the year.

But he won't be playing Jason Collins and he'll probably win more than 21% of the Wolves' games.

Darius 12-08-2008 12:38 PM

The T-Wolves are just a sad team.

I say this as a Clipper fan (another sad team) who watched the Clips play Memphis and then Minny back-to-back.

Memphis has a poor record but they have a lot of talent (Mayo, Gay, Gasol, Arthur, Critt, Conley, Warick), so at least they have hope.

Clippers have a poor record but at least they have alot of proven vets (Baron, Kaman, Camby, Randolph), so at least they have hope.

The Wolves have NOTHING except Jefferson, Love and a Mike Miller (who is getting older). Seriously, they have nothing but Jefferson, Love and a bunch of undersized combo guards.

They are sad and have no hope for the future - a bad combo.

FireMcFailPlease 12-08-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius
The T-Wolves are just a sad team.

I say this as a Clipper fan (another sad team) who watched the Clips play Memphis and then Minny back-to-back.

Memphis has a poor record but they have a lot of talent (Mayo, Gay, Gasol, Arthur, Critt, Conley, Warick), so at least they have hope.

Clippers have a poor record but at least they have alot of proven vets (Baron, Kaman, Camby, Randolph), so at least they have hope.

The Wolves have NOTHING except Jefferson, Love and a Mike Miller (who is getting older). Seriously, they have nothing but Jefferson, Love and a bunch of undersized combo guards.

They are sad and have no hope for the future - a bad combo.

It's so sad, its true.

We have a ton of potential picks coming up this years if the stars align. Need a Portland Trailblazers 2006 like draft to have any sort of hope. If Mcfails picking them, its all but over. This is the guy who gave up Roy, Granger and Mayo.

LJJ 12-08-2008 12:58 PM

I know he destroyed the Wolves, but I still think McHale is awesome.

guy 12-08-2008 01:10 PM

I still can't believe he traded OJ Mayo for Kevin Love. At least with the Brandon Roy trade, I can somewhat understand that blunder since Roy wasn't considered to be such a hot NBA prospect, but there has been so much hype for OJ Mayo, and so far it was well deserved.