Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113282)

insidehoops 12-16-2008 08:21 PM

What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

What are your team and player observations so far?

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

And who has been disappointing?

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?

Qlippers 12-17-2008 11:47 AM

Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
What are your team and player observations so far?

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

And who has been disappointing?

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?

ZBo is playing better than I expected, he's moving the ball out of the double teams and creating mismatches but rebounding his misses too.

The Bench has been a disappointment, the bench built with a mixture of young and veteran players but yet they have difficulty giving the starters a break.

The key for the team is improving the 2nd unit, a reliable wing defender and better rotation defense. Of course, the FT % is awful

starface 12-17-2008 01:52 PM

Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing be

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qlippers
ZBo is playing better than I expected, he's moving the ball out of the double teams and creating mismatches but rebounding his misses too.

the weird thing about this is, i was living in the new york tv market last year so i watched a lot of randolph with the knicks, and he really was terrible with passing out of double teams. its not like he had an undeserved reputation. last year he really was all the bad things people generally attribute to him (as well as all the good things) but this year it seems like he just woke up one day and decided to pass and defend, and you can see how much better he can make his team when he does it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qlippers
The key for the team is improving the 2nd unit, a reliable wing defender and better rotation defense. Of course, the FT % is awful

Hopefully they can get something for Kaman that will give us a deeper and better rotation.

qrich 12-17-2008 03:50 PM

Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing be

Quote:

Originally Posted by starface
Hopefully they can get something for Kaman that will give us a deeper and better rotation.

Salmons + Mikki Moore + Lotto Protected first for next 3 years for Kaman + Ricky Davis + Rights to Sofo

Then we sign Marbury when he is waived/bought out. Bench looks like:

Marbury - Salmons - Collins - Davis - Moore
Taylor - Hart - Novak - Skinner - Jordan

starface 12-17-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Salmons + Mikki Moore + Lotto Protected first for next 3 years for Kaman + Ricky Davis + Rights to Sofo

Then we sign Marbury when he is waived/bought out. Bench looks like:

Marbury - Salmons - Collins - Davis - Moore
Taylor - Hart - Novak - Skinner - Jordan

by the way why is mike taylor riding the pine? i wasnt able to catch the broadcasts of a few consecutive games about a week ago, and then the last few games i've caught on tv it was hart coming off the bench and taylor riding the pine all game.

was there a stated reason for this or just some change on a whim?

dab0yech0 12-17-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starface
by the way why is mike taylor riding the pine? i wasnt able to catch the broadcasts of a few consecutive games about a week ago, and then the last few games i've caught on tv it was hart coming off the bench and taylor riding the pine all game.

was there a stated reason for this or just some change on a whim?

No idea but Hart has been really good at setting up the offense as of late. Hes also hitting his jumpers and playing really good defense. It seems like he just matched up better with the opposing teams in the last few games.