Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Steve Francis a Grizzly once again (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114165)

basketballer4 12-24-2008 02:42 PM

Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
Update: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=2812

The Memphis Grizzlies reacquired its 2009 second-round draft pick from the Houston Rockets and also received guard and former Grizzlies draft selection Steve Francis, and cash considerations in exchange for a 2011 conditional second-round pick, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today.

Houston originally received Memphis’ 2009 second-round pick along with the draft rights to Donté Greene (28th overall pick) in exchange for forward Darrell Arthur (27th) in a draft night trade on June 26, 2008. Arthur, a 6-9, 235-pound forward, ranks in the top 10 among NBA rookies in rebounds (4.6, 9th) and blocks (0.81, 7th) and is also averaging 5.8 points in 19.6 minutes in 26 games (21 starts) in 2008-09.

Pretty ironic if I do say so myself.:oldlol:

ShowTime LA 12-24-2008 02:51 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
blockbuster trade. :applause:

Sonic R 12-24-2008 02:56 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
:oldlol:
Its kind of funny how these things happen… player refuses to play for a team he gets drafted to because they suck and then they end up there at a time in their career when their career is garbage.

kNIOKAS 12-24-2008 03:25 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
never actually liked the guy but
WHY!? why..:confusedshrug:

martinas23 12-24-2008 03:31 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
He will refuse to play for them again, get a buyout and sign with a contender. I hope he gets back in shape because he's one of my favourite players. Good luck to him.

bdreason 12-24-2008 03:33 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
Francis isn't going to play for Memphis.... unless they can pull Mobley out of retirement maybe?!?!?!

bagelred 12-24-2008 03:33 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
People still want Steve Francis? Portland paid him basically max money for two years, just to go away.

Why is Memphis doing this?

Anybody is tradeable. This shows you.

Kebab Stall 12-24-2008 03:43 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
Don't really understand why the hell Memphis would do this. This only benefits Houston, because they are now under the cap. I doubt Francis will see any playing time for the Grizz, whether he wants to or not. I guess Memphis are just doing it for the second round pick (which is apparently the Grizzlies' pick anyway) and the cash.

SCREWstonRockets 12-24-2008 03:56 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
Francis has an expiring contract so he will come off the books for Memphis next year. Really sad to see Steve traded....again. He took less money to come here, could have went to the LAC or MIA for the mid-level exception. They did him cold but hey, that is the biz right? He didn't even get a chance this season. For all he's done for the City (more importantly off the court), they could have handled this better. On Christmas Eve too?!? Damn. That is messed up. Couldn't even wait until after the holidays.

TheGrassIsGreen 12-24-2008 04:02 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Francis has an expiring contract so he will come off the books for Memphis next year. Really sad to see Steve traded....again. He took less money to come here, could have went to the LAC or MIA for the mid-level exception. They did him cold but hey, that is the biz right? He didn't even get a chance this season. For all he's done for the City (more importantly off the court), they could have handled this better. On Christmas Eve too?!? Damn. That is messed up. Couldn't even wait until after the holidays.



Cry me a river... He gets paid millions to play basketball and he can't even put in the effort to rehab? Screw him. Give me an LLE contract and I'll be in the gym 24/7 if need be.

SCREWstonRockets 12-24-2008 04:14 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGrassIsGreen
Cry me a river... He gets paid millions to play basketball and he can't even put in the effort to rehab? Screw him. Give me an LLE contract and I'll be in the gym 24/7 if need be.


Umm he just came over major surgery that ended his season last year. He was rehabbing the entire summer and into the season. Didn't get cleared to practice until a month ago. Seriously, how many trades happen on Christmas or Christmas Eve? They could have waited a couple days.

jbot 12-24-2008 04:17 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
maybe he'll get to play?

El Kabong 12-24-2008 04:19 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
So, does this mean Deke is on his way back to Houston?

TheGrassIsGreen 12-24-2008 04:23 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Umm he just came over major surgery that ended his season last year. He was rehabbing the entire summer and into the season. Didn't get cleared to practice until a month ago. Seriously, how many trades happen on Christmas or Christmas Eve? They could have waited a couple days.



He had the surgery almost 10 months ago. For a torn quadriceps tendon, recovery time is less then half that. And if I had the opportunity to drop his contract, I would do it right away so as to not let the other team back out. Whether it's Christmas or Christmas Eve is irrelevant.

Interminator 12-24-2008 04:33 PM

Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again
 
He didn't play for the Grizzlies because they were in Vancouver and he felt that there weren't enough black people in Vancouver to make him comfortable.

He was a young guy who wanted to hit the clubs and party but there in Vancouver there isn't a nightclub for blacks let alone a nightclub that primarily plays Rap.

I think he now has a chance to redeem himself in Memphis,we lack scorers outside of Mayo & Gay and this could be a chance for him to come off the bench and put up 14 PPG.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy