Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cleveland IDea (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152)

Salami_N_Cheese 06-11-2006 06:25 PM

Cleveland IDea

Cavaliers was shopping Larry HUghes. I also heard before that Ilgauskas wants out or cleveland wants to trade him. So i went off daydreamin and came up with this.
To Toronto:
Ilgauskas Hughes #25 Pick

To Cleveland:
Villaneuva #1 Pick Bonner Williams

Not Sure if cleveland will do it but what we offer is pretty nice for a team looking to build around James.

We would have a line up of
C Ilgauskas
PF Bosh
SF Hughes
Sg Peterson
PG Jay Williams?????

Not sure who we would pick up with the 25th pick though.....Rondo if he falls that low?

GoRapz 06-11-2006 06:52 PM

i'd have to think about this trade.

do we take two guys that have playoff experience but we'd be left with no cap space and a PG ?

Unregistered 06-11-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRapz
i'd have to think about this trade.

do we take two guys that have playoff experience but we'd be left with no cap space and a PG ?

I am not sure we even have the cap space to entertain this idea. Hughes and Big Z are over $10 M per and Cvill and #1 are rookie deals. Big Z is old and can't run (as we saw in the playoffs) and Hughes can't play more then 50 games in a season.

Bourne 06-11-2006 09:15 PM

When you consider the raptors can contend in 5-6 years and not just get knocked out early for the next 3-4:

charlie + pick > ilgauskas + hughes

23jordan23 06-13-2006 01:32 PM

Id take hughes and someone else The Big Z is a Big Nothing his career is slowly coming to an end ..if this was Big z of 5 years ago sure without a question id take him but i like larry hughes i think he would blow up in toronto especially with his slasher mentally is what we lack here in t.o

Chamberlain 06-13-2006 02:59 PM

Big Z of 5 years ago would be sitting out the entire season with foot injuries.

AKADS 06-13-2006 04:57 PM

WOW WOW WOW.

As a cavs fan i would like to say **** YEAH.

But the Raptors would not want Big Z. If there is one player on the Cavs (outside of James) that Raptors would like IMO is Varejao. Now he is blossoming playing with James. I am also a huge anti-Villy guy but here would be a little more fair of a deal if you did want Hughes which most Raptors fans have told me they don't

Hughes
Varejao (Hustle, Defender C/PF) Perfect next to Bosh

For

A. Williams
Villy
Mo Pete

Chamberlain 06-13-2006 05:07 PM

I don't think the Raps would give up Villy, MoPete, and the #1.. maybe 2 of them plus Williams, but thats wayy too much for this trade.

AKADS 06-13-2006 05:10 PM

I don't think the Cavs and Raptors have peices that help each other out. SO there won't be any trades. Unless BC see someone on our bench he thinks he can get for cheap.

23jordan23 06-13-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Big Z of 5 years ago would be sitting out the entire season with foot injuries.

ya my bad..i meant Z in his prime...question to the poster...why would we keep mo pete if we were gonna get hughes id trade mo or maybe use him as a 6th man