Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Livingston Released By Miami (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115445)

qrich 01-06-2009 02:42 AM

Livingston Released By Miami

Quote:

MIAMI - The Shaun Livingston comeback is over. At least for now. At least with the Miami Heat.

Livingston was informed of his release after Monday night's 91-84 loss to the San Antonio Spurs at AmericanAirlines Arena, with the team expected to make a formal announcement later this morning.

The contract Livingston signed with the Heat guaranteed only $370,000 for this season, a figure that keeps the team below the punitive dollar-for-dollar luxury tax on excessive payrolls.

With all NBA contracts becoming guaranteed for the season by week's end, the Heat had to make a decision on Livingston in advance of its upcoming seven-game trip. Livingston's contract also called for a partial contract guarantee for next season, at the Heat's option.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...,6224851.story

Since we do need a PG, and the year is going nowhere, we should ink him. If Shaun is to ever fully recover, his height will offset the fact that EJ is generally short for a 2guard, and balance our back court.

Do it Mike!

UCLAlegend32 01-06-2009 02:46 AM

Re: Livingston Released By Miami

do it do it do it. then i could start rocking all my livingston gear again

SoCalMike 01-06-2009 09:49 AM

sad for livingston, and i was hoping he would find a team to play on, but obviously, the impact of the injury is pretty bad.

if he had value, a team would obviously pick him up. perhaps he can spend time re-habbing further and see if that helps.

ouch!

:pimp:

ihatetimthomas 01-06-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
sad for livingston, and i was hoping he would find a team to play on, but obviously, the impact of the injury is pretty bad.

if he had value, a team would obviously pick him up. perhaps he can spend time re-habbing further and see if that helps.

ouch!

:pimp:

I dont think he was 100% entering camp this year. And his chances are also hurt with Mario Chalmers proving his worth as a point guard in this league. Indeed its a very ad situation. He was touted to be the best pg in the eague within the 5 years he entered the league. And he was playing extremely well prior to his injury. Best of luck to him. Perhaps he can get a chance next year in a Laker uni, Phil does like them tall pg's

adiedanny 01-06-2009 01:21 PM

I would love Livingston to come back but not right now. We need a solid healthy pg right now or at least a combo guard that could play the pg position. I would rather we re-sign Jones after he clears waivers.

sammdogg 01-06-2009 08:19 PM

i would like to see him back in la

dab0yech0 01-07-2009 03:03 AM

I wouldnt even mind going after a guy like Guillermo Diaz

theunderdogg1965 01-07-2009 12:35 PM

Lets ge him and Miles back. We will have a backup PG and a backup ti Al Thornton.

ZeN 01-07-2009 12:56 PM

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see Shaun back in Los Angeles!!!!!

dab0yech0 01-09-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunderdogg1965
Lets ge him and Miles back. We will have a backup PG and a backup ti Al Thornton.

LOL might as well get some excitement since we suck

kap 01-22-2009 01:43 AM

i'd love to see him back almost as much as i like daboyecho's avatar