Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Name the Bulls team needs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158)

insidehoops 06-11-2006 07:16 PM

Name the Bulls team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.

vmdv12 06-11-2006 09:42 PM

Bulls needs

#1 A Man in the middle. If not a center, then someone to play the 4 spot next to Chandler. When Curry was in Chicago it allowed Chandler to use his athleticism to get rebounds. Chandler is special when he is free to roam. Teams had to body up Curry and it made things easier for Chandler. Last year, Harrington, Allen, Songaila, or anyone else on the Bulls, did nothing to put fear on the opposition. All they had to do was push Chandler out and they had no one else to worry about. A few points from a big man would be huge. The Bulls are a jump shooting team. That's no secret. Points down low would open things up a bit. Draft: Aldridge, Thomas,Bargnani or Gray.. FA: Nene, Pryzbilla or Mohammed. Trade: Magloire or Gasol.

#2 A big guard. Ideally, Gordon would be able to defend NBA 2's. So far, he can't do it well. Someone 6'6"-6'7" who could play D would be perfect, if not to start, to be the third guard. If the guy can score, even better! Hinrich needs a break from guarding bigger players every game. He picks up Gordons slack. If they select someone like Roy, Gordon trade rumors will be on fire! Draft: Roy, Brewer, Collins,Sefolosha or Bobby Jones.. FA: Not much to choose from. Trade: Pietrus or my own personal favorite because he could be cheap and he's underrated....Delfino!

#3 Another Big man. They need one to start as I mentioned in option one, but they still need another big man coming off the bench. Foul trouble hurt the Bulls last year. Having a veteran or even a young big man coming off the bench would be necessary. Same options as in option one, but ad A Davis as a possibility in Free agency.

dak121 06-11-2006 11:59 PM

Defense and size in the middle. A bigger guard to me is not a huge need, but it wouldn't hurt.

I would also like the Bulls to become more of a running team, like the way they played against the Heat up until game 5.

Unregistered 06-12-2006 01:40 PM

we need yao, trade chandler and gordon, duhon, piatkowski for yao, swift, luther head and the number 8. rockets get defense from chandler, and duhon. gordon becomes their second scorer yao couldn't be, and piat for 3 point shoooting, bulls get an ok big man that can score, and defense from swift and luther, and a number 8 pick from a weak draft.

JordanPippenRodman 06-13-2006 07:19 PM

SG: with size

will come via free agency i hope. bringing in roy would just **** things up. he's too good to ride the pine and it would upset BG in the long run.

Frontcourt:

anything goes, chicago had the weakest frontcourt in the NBA and still created some chatter.

Inspector Rick 06-14-2006 03:53 PM

vmdv12 pretty much summed up all my thoughts.

1. Draft a big man, Aldridge, Thomas. Someone to open up the floor game for our guards.

2. Trade/Sign a defensive swingman. I've been high on Pietrus since he first came into the league.