Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Name the Nets team needs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173)

insidehoops 06-11-2006 07:19 PM

Name the Nets team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-11-2006 09:02 PM

Re:

a better backup point guard who does not brick his jumpshots

an anchor on defense. not necessarily a very good shotblocker or an enforcer, but someone who will clog the lanes and make penetrators think twice.

better three point defense

for Jason Collins to become a garbageman.

ZHAKIDD532 06-11-2006 09:12 PM

Backup point (Jay Williams)
scoring PF (KMart)
extra big man off the bench (Hilton Armstrong/Sheldan Williams/Aaron Gray through trade up in draft)

funkylikemonkey 06-11-2006 10:08 PM

The thing is, I think our starting five is more than ok. We have the "big three," and then we have Collins and Krstic. Everyone would love an SAR or Swift to repleace Collins, but if we get either, we would still only start either the new guy or Krstic along with Collins, the coaches aren't going to sacrifice the defensive anchor for more offense. What I think we need is offense off the bench, sure that may come with a big man, but I don't think the organization wants to hinder Krstic's development, so I think they will look for a pure shooting guard with a good attitude with the MLE. Some possibilities might be Fred Jones or James Posey. As for the big men, I think we will go the draft route for them.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-11-2006 10:37 PM

Re:

if the Nets by any leaps and bounds manage to get Martin without sacrificin the starters, wow... he should start over Collins to anchor the defense. remember, though Martin did not score a whole heck of a lot during his Net tenure, he did block about 2.5 shots and was an intimidator in the paint.

Lightemup43 06-12-2006 01:06 AM

I think the ideal fit for Jason Kidd's replace would be Marcus Williams Point Guard from Conn. I believe I have the right name, could be mistaken but his game is just like Kidd's but he has a nicer touch from the outside. Jason would be a great tutor for this kid... And I believe his stock has fallin in the last couple of weeks. How bout Dee Brown in the second round? I think he could be a solid backup and I'd take the chance on him with a second round pick if I marcus williams is not available.

ZHAKIDD532 06-12-2006 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
if the Nets by any leaps and bounds manage to get Martin without sacrificin the starters, wow... he should start over Collins to anchor the defense. remember, though Martin did not score a whole heck of a lot during his Net tenure, he did block about 2.5 shots and was an intimidator in the paint.

KMart isn't a scary scorer, but he is much better then Jason Collins. If I have to watch him miss one more layup that he could just dunk, I'm gonna scream...

JinTheWindMaster 06-12-2006 07:36 PM

Trade Jefferson and Kidd.

whaley82 06-13-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Trade Jefferson and Kidd.

Why would we trade Jefferson..I can see why you owuld think Kidd becuase of his age. But Rj...Thats crazy:wtf:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-13-2006 03:45 PM

Re:

don't listen to this non Net fan.

Nets are not trading Kidd period... out of sheer loyalty for what he has done to this organization.

whaley82 06-13-2006 04:10 PM

Yeah.. Kidd is a no trade..But I still don't know why wed trade Rj either

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-13-2006 04:11 PM

Re:

RJ is 26 and is about to enter his prime.

why trade him?

he and Nenad will be the face of the franchise once Kidd and Carter are done.

whaley82 06-14-2006 09:46 PM

Exactly this Net hater just wants RJ to be traded to his team so he can have an Underrated SF.Someone that can play Great Defence and someone that can take over a game when need be.

JinTheWindMaster 06-17-2006 12:38 PM

Jefferson's and Kidd's arrogants will be the reason the nets will never made it to the finals again.

wang4three 06-17-2006 02:57 PM

^hahahaha. loser.

The Nets need to be consistent.