Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA history (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117732)

StephenDedalus 01-23-2009 10:59 PM

Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA history

How does he manage to pull it off?

ElPigto 01-23-2009 11:01 PM

Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA history

Greatest?

Go back to the drawing board and re-think this thread.

Qwyjibo 01-23-2009 11:02 PM

Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA history

His secret was that he was just putting together the best possible team for himself all along!

StephenDedalus 01-23-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPigto
Greatest?

Look at his team and their current record and get back to me.

kwajo 01-23-2009 11:07 PM

Is this the appropriate time for an Eddie Griffin joke?

Jordandunk23 01-23-2009 11:10 PM

greatest coach hell no but i know what you were trying to say...

ElPigto 01-23-2009 11:12 PM

Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA histor

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenDedalus

How does that make him the greatest?

StephenDedalus 01-23-2009 11:14 PM

Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA histor

Quote:

How does that make him the greatest?

Well clearly I was using hyperbole but you get my point. Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach and Pat Riley have gotten to championships with the best players in the league.

Somehow McHale is getting a putrid squad to beat the top teams in the league.

KRAYZIE 01-23-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenDedalus

9-12 as a coach this season.
28-24 overall.
The greatest?:roll:

gts 01-23-2009 11:21 PM

he's doing a good job with this squad.. it took him a few game to get their attention but they are what 10 and 3? (something around there) since they started winning

arkain 01-23-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Greatest?

Dont take it literally dude lol

Da KO King 01-24-2009 10:21 AM

Part of the Wolves turn around is Randy Foye is playing SG more than PG. Sebastian Telfair is also playing really well too.

FireMcFailPlease 01-24-2009 11:05 AM

Dont. Smoke. Crack.

vinsane01 01-24-2009 11:17 AM

He's an average coach..

and he is not a bad GM, he's a celtic.

wang4three 01-24-2009 11:27 AM

Being a coach is singular to knowing basketball. Which McHale clearly does understand and know well. He's always been touted as a high basketball IQ guy with a mind for the game.

Being a GM is more business than basketball. It's about implementation and execution of a business model, which is more conceptual than anything. I don't think Kevin has understood that and ever sat down and defined what he wanted Minnesota to look like and the team he wants them to be. Instead he's always slapped guys together, much like the Clippers.