Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Name the Raptors team needs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183)

insidehoops 06-11-2006 07:22 PM

Name the Raptors team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.

bk15 06-11-2006 07:28 PM

Pass first Point Guard
Telfair
Jarret jack(good backup)
Marcus Banks
Alston
Jay williams
Keyon Dooling(good backup)
Bobby jackson

Banging Center
nazr mohommed
przybilla
maglorie
ZO
Wilcox

and someone who can bring some fire toronto like gerald green did against toronto...and vince and his dunks..

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 11:57 PM

The biggest need for the Raptors is a tough post presence. Everybody seems to think Colangelo is going to bring the Suns style to the team so they say they don't need it, but look at the NEW Suns, they brought in Kurt Thomas to replace QRich, and it was actually beneficial (when he was healthy). They don't need somebody with Shaq-type skills, but they need a guy who can step in and bang, rebound, boxout and set screens without being a huge liability on offense. It eases the pressure on Bosh and Charlie V, which is what the team needs the most. They also neeed a point guard who looks to pass first and run the floor. This point guard would be willing to give Bosh a look whenever he wants instaed of hogging the ball.

craigthomasb 06-12-2006 08:23 AM

back up SG

browntown 06-12-2006 09:14 AM

The two important position Raptors need are the pg and Center position. Players who I think can fill that spot would be

PG:
Marcus Banks
Luke Rindor
Jarett Jake
brevin Knight
or go down the draft and aquire Muraice Willams

Center:
Nazer Mohammed
Pryzbilla
Magloire
Wilcox
or Just draft aldrige

bk15 06-12-2006 11:08 AM

if they draft denham brown/bobby jones/james white they wont need a backup SG

Dr.Funk 06-12-2006 11:57 AM

Shot Blocking/Rebounding Center
Pass First PG
Back-Up SG

bonez26 06-12-2006 12:05 PM

Shot Blockin/rebounding Center

Pass first PG,

Backup SG

Overall better depth

T-Low 06-12-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk15

Banging Center
nazr mohommed
przybilla
maglorie
ZO
Wilcox

That is the funniest quote I have seen yet. Alonzo Mourning coming to T.O.? He wanted to get out of here remember. He wanted a buy out. He will retire a part of the Heat, I can tell you that now.

power works 06-12-2006 06:09 PM

1. Rebounding - preferrably a legit 5, a tough, physical guy that can give double digit rebounding numbers and block shots, draft - Aldridge, FA - Pryzbilla, Mohammed, Nene, Reggie Evans, trade - J. O'Neal, Gasol, Magloire

2. Floor leadership - a pass-first PG, a guy that would get everyone involved first before shooting, can guard his own position and can hit the open J and be especially effective on the pick-n-roll with Bosh, FA - Speedy Claxton, trade - Brevin Knight, Luke Ridnour

3. Bench - get enough quality guys to make Matt Bonner the 12th man, instant offence and lock-down defenders wanted

Unregistered 06-12-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power works
1. Rebounding - preferrably a legit 5, a tough, physical guy that can give double digit rebounding numbers and block shots, draft - Aldridge, FA - Pryzbilla, Mohammed, Nene, Reggie Evans, trade - J. O'Neal, Gasol, Magloire

2. Floor leadership - a pass-first PG, a guy that would get everyone involved first before shooting, can guard his own position and can hit the open J and be especially effective on the pick-n-roll with Bosh, FA - Speedy Claxton, trade - Brevin Knight, Luke Ridnour

3. Bench - get enough quality guys to make Matt Bonner the 12th man, instant offence and lock-down defenders wanted

I agree with almost everything said here. These are definitely the raps needs. Only thing I don't like is the big plodding Centre. We still want to run and Pryz/Magloire/Nazr would hurt more then help, plus cost tons of dough. Add to the fact they are ALWAYS injured and you get the point. Aldridge would run, can develop some more muscle and be a dalembert/keon clark type C with more althletic ability. You don't have to be slow and huge to play C and rebound and block. I would much prefer a 'new breed' of NBA centre then the token crap some team throw out at the opening tip for a few mins a game.....like the raps did with Hoffa.

Unregistered 06-13-2006 10:02 AM

i think the raptors need a new name. not crazy about naming our team after a group of extinct dinosaurs made popular by a movie. heh.

23jordan23 06-13-2006 01:22 PM

Center.."True" Point Guard.a slasher to the hoop (Sg SF) that can actually get to the hoop alot (not players that stand behind the 3 point line all day hoping to score 3's all nite..Ya Mo Pete im talking about you) and most of all..people dont forget A good solid bench plays a sucessful role in any teams sucuess and a Bench we dont have.