Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Wizards Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Name the Wizards team needs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185)

insidehoops 06-11-2006 07:23 PM

Name the Wizards team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.

geeWiz15 06-11-2006 08:57 PM

A point-forward and a big guy who can rebound and play defense. And then roleplayers off the bench. I'll take Boris Diaw and PJ Brown, thanks.

hoopsididitagain 11-04-2006 02:49 PM

They need a Center that be be consistent night after night with getting rebounds and adding 10-15 points per game.

RidonKs 11-04-2006 05:04 PM

After seeing what Lamar can do, who else thinks he would fit perfectly with this team. We could give up a package of Jamison and another + a draft picks for him. Mind you my favourite team is the Lakers, and I wouldn't take that trade, so really this point I'm making is useless because there's no way the Lakers deal him. Meh.

bokes15 11-07-2006 01:42 PM

easy, they need a center. Not necessarily an all-star but someone who can average around 15 points and 10 boards.

Kemosabe 11-09-2006 09:36 PM

They need more valid options coming from the bench. I agree with the need for a center that can play defence.
And if its possible a better coach - no offense to Eddie Jordan.

wally_world 11-11-2006 08:13 AM

they just need a rebounder!

no need to be a center... just a rebounder...

Terp #33 11-11-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
they just need a rebounder!

no need to be a center... just a rebounder...

I agree, Etan Thomas is doing pretty well in the middle. They really need someone to crash the boards for rebounds. I was hoping Songalia was going to be that man, but we will have to wait and see about that.

wally_world 11-11-2006 10:34 AM

Songaila seems a little soft to go in and grab rebounds... especially against guys like Shaq + Haslem, Ben Wallace + PJ Brown...

imjustlikemusiq 11-13-2006 05:56 PM

You know whats funny... pretty much every team in the NBA needs a center, but sadly, there are no viable options there, unless the Wizards somehow plan to make a move for Greg Oden, also known as, the next Patrick Ewing. So, yes, the Wizards need a center, but, were stuck with Haywood/Thomas and probably will be stuck with them for a while. Let us not forget that Oleisky Pecherov (sp?) will be coming to the team next year and could add a dimension to the team that we've never seen, a power foward with ball handling skills and a decent jumper, sort of like a nicer version of Darius Songalia who will also add depth. I think Washington has plenty of depth actually when Songalia returns and Pecherov joins the roster, we just need Grunfeld to keep an eye out and keep scouting these draft picks hard and hope we get lucky with one of these guys, because, we wont have a lottery pick for a very long time, and im not so sure thats a good thing with this team.

The Wiz 11-15-2006 08:26 PM

One Word: Rebounder