Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Al Jefferson has torn ACL in right knee (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119919)

insidehoops 02-09-2009 02:54 PM

Al Jefferson has torn ACL in right knee

The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced that center Al Jefferson will be out indefinitely after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee. A Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) study done this morning revealed the extent of the injury, which occurred in Minnesota’s game last night at New Orleans. The date for surgery has yet to be determined.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 02-09-2009 02:56 PM

Re: Al Jefferson has torn ACL in right knee

Damn..

Big blow for the t'wolves

04mzwach 02-09-2009 02:57 PM

Damn it! I knew he was injury prone from the start, but damn it! Anyway, he still has the best post moves in the game and he still will be able to do those things after he recovers. I just hope the guy doesn't continue to hurt himself.

Myth 02-09-2009 02:58 PM

Does anybody else feel as if there are more injuries to big names this year than average? Or is it just because it is recent that makes it feel that way. In the last couple of weeks we've had Bynum, Brand, Jameer, and now Jefferson.

Brunch@Five 02-09-2009 02:58 PM

That's too bad. One of the best young players in the league

lolwut 02-09-2009 02:58 PM

Damn. He was looking better than ever too...

I've never seen anyone give it to Yao live like Al Jefferson did just a few days ago

C-Webb4 02-09-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Damn it! I knew he was injury prone from the start, but damn it! Anyway, he still has the best post moves in the game and he still will be able to do those things after he recovers. I just hope the guy doesn't continue to hurt himself.

ummmm. Tim Duncan?:confusedshrug:

RajonKGcelts 02-09-2009 03:08 PM

Horrible news. he was playing awesome, and it was intresting to see how the Wolves were developing. :(

Valliant13 02-09-2009 03:14 PM

What an insane season for injured franchise players. Tough loss for the wolves, the team was really starting to gel. My sympathies.

So do they move Gomes to PF and Love to center? The kid can rebound like a 5, but he is going to get smothered in the post at 6'9 with average length.

brandonislegend 02-09-2009 03:15 PM

what a blow for my fantasy team, he was playing so well hopeefully he'll make a full recovery lucky for him he doesnt play above the rim

Real Men Wear Green 02-09-2009 03:17 PM

Sucks. Still, Big Al is young and his game wasn't based so much on explosive leaping, so he could come back and still be a good player, but this is a severe blow to All-star hopes for next season. Hope he gets well as soon as possible.

KenneBell 02-09-2009 03:28 PM

:(

It's a bad year for knees and ankles.

Meticode 02-09-2009 03:41 PM

Time for the T'wolves to tank for a pick?

pete's montreux 02-09-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Sucks. Still, Big Al is young and his game wasn't based so much on explosive leaping, so he could come back and still be a good player, but this is a severe blow to All-star hopes for next season. Hope he gets well as soon as possible.

Yep.

Tough break for the kid, and my fantasy team.

bagelred 02-09-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Does anybody else feel as if there are more injuries to big names this year than average? Or is it just because it is recent that makes it feel that way. In the last couple of weeks we've had Bynum, Brand, Jameer, and now Jefferson.

This is crazy, I tell ya. They don't make black guys like they used to.

Did I say that out loud? Uh oh......