Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   bigboi_Baller vs Glove_20 vs. you (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11993)

bigboi_baller 09-26-2006 07:32 PM

bigboi_Baller vs Glove_20 vs. you
 
Bigboi_Baller's roster:

C. Billups(Det - PG)
R. Hamilton(Det - SG)
R. Felton(Cha - PG)
L. Odom(LAL - SF,PF)
C. Boozer(Uta - PF,C)
T. Murphy(GS - PF)
Y. Ming(Hou - C)
C. Frye(NY - PF,C)
C. Mobley(LAC - SG)
A. McDyess(Det - PF)
K. Brown(LAL - PF,C)
J. Redick(Orl - PG,SG)
G. Hill(Orl - SF)



Glove_20's Roster (Updated):

PG:A.Iverson
SG:P.Pierce
G: C.Paul
SF: R.Lewis
PF: C.Webber
F: G.Wallace
C: The Z
C: K.Thomas
Util: L.Ridnour
Util: K.Korver
Bench: E.Watson
Bench: S.Abdur Rahim
Bench: K.Perkins


Steven A Smith's Team:


TJ Ford
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady
Charlie Vilanueava
Rasheed Wallace
Peja Stojakovic
Emeka Okafor
Samuel Dalembert
Martell Webster
Vladimir Radmonovich
Marvin Williams
Al Jefferson
Nene Hilario


PoorlilRich's team:

m bibby
c maggette
AK
dirk
battier
curry
pryzbilla
m miller
mo williams
scerbiak
haywood
d mason


Basketballer4's Roster:

Starbury
Manu Ginobili
Franchise
KG
Z-Bo
K-Mart
Amare Stoudemire
Shaq
Larry Hughes
Jamal Crawford
Donyell Marshall
Jamaal Tinsley
Michael Finley


Hawker


Chris Paul
Josh Smith
Morris Peterson
Al Harrington
Dwight Howard
David West
Marcus Camby
Zaza Pachulia
Rafer Alston
Leandro Barbosa
Antione Walker
Adonal Foyle


Vapid

Jason Terry
Ray Allen
Brevin Knight
Michael Redd
Shawn Marion
Caron Butler
Mehmet Okur
Chris Wilcox
Andre Igoudala
Delonte West
Danny Granger
Marquis Daniels
Hedo Turkoglu

This is from ISH League. The second ISH yahoo! league, 12 teams.

Everyone, post ur roster and I will edit it into this post


Compare and rate these rosters

Glove_20 09-26-2006 07:38 PM

ok...

bigboi_baller 09-26-2006 07:39 PM

glove, can i get a list without YOUR opinions?

The idea was that others would look at our rosters and think, not you think for us

Glove_20 09-26-2006 07:40 PM

alrite...

bigboi_baller 09-26-2006 07:45 PM

thanks, you can delete your roster post. its kinda reptitive

browntown 09-26-2006 07:47 PM

Glove you have a nice team. Mais there alot of injuired prone players on your roster.

Glove_20 09-26-2006 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browntown
Glove you have a nice team. Mais there alot of injuired prone players on your roster.

My team?

Steven A Smith 09-26-2006 07:57 PM

Steven A's Ballers

Starters
TJ Ford
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady
Charlie Vilanueava
Rasheed Wallace
Peja Stojakovic
Emeka Okafor
Samuel Dalembert

Util
Martell Webster
Vladimir Radmonovich

Bench
Marvin Williams
Al Jefferson
Nene Hilario

browntown 09-26-2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove_20
My team?

No **** who else has a username Glove.

browntown 09-26-2006 08:04 PM

Heres my team, it's in the same league.

PG K. Hinrich
(Chi - PG,SG) PGSGGUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
SG V. Carter
(NJ - SG,SF) SGGSFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
G S. Cassell
(LAC - PG) PGGUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
SF L. James
(Cle - SF) SFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
PF J. O'Neal
(Ind - PF,C) PFFCUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
F T. Prince
(Det - SF) SFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
C C. Kaman
(LAC - C) CUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
C J. Foster
(Ind - PF,C) PFFCUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
Util R. Foye
(Min - PG,SG) PGSGGUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
Util S. Jackson
(Ind - SG,SF) SGGSFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
BN K. Thomas
(Sac - PF) PFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
BN J. Stackhouse
(Dal - SG,SF) SGGSFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
BN A. Bargnani
(Tor - SF,PF)

bigboi_baller 09-26-2006 08:05 PM

new rule: before adding your own team, you must comment on all teams already posted. This should promote discussion.

Glove_20 09-26-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browntown
No **** who else has a username Glove.

I don't know what "mais" means

And you have guys like Vince and O'Neal on ur team

I have G-Wall and Webber

that cancels out...

bigboi_baller 09-26-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browntown
Heres my team, it's in the same league.

PG K. Hinrich
(Chi - PG,SG) PGSGGUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
SG V. Carter
(NJ - SG,SF) SGGSFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
G S. Cassell
(LAC - PG) PGGUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
SF L. James
(Cle - SF) SFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
PF J. O'Neal
(Ind - PF,C) PFFCUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
F T. Prince
(Det - SF) SFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
C C. Kaman
(LAC - C) CUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
C J. Foster
(Ind - PF,C) PFFCUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
Util R. Foye
(Min - PG,SG) PGSGGUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
Util S. Jackson
(Ind - SG,SF) SGGSFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
BN K. Thomas
(Sac - PF) PFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
BN J. Stackhouse
(Dal - SG,SF) SGGSFFUtilBN - - - - - - - - -
BN A. Bargnani
(Tor - SF,PF)



if you want your team posted up top. make your list like the other lists, im sick of making them look alike

RidonKs 09-26-2006 10:33 PM

Well just for fun, because I have time, let's look at this position by position shall we... bear in mind, I'm not the most intelligent fantasy head on this board, but I don't think my comparisons will be far off...

Starting Guards

AI, Pierce, Andre Miller (Glove) vs Billups, Rip, and Felton (Big Boi)

Nice advantage for Glove here for sure. In quick format AI>Billups, PP>Rip, and Dre>Felton. Not to say your guys won't win you a category or two BigBoi (FT%) but overall Glove just outclasses you. Big assists from AI and Dre, HUGE scoring from AI and Pierce, and Pierce definately chips in with rebounding as well. Also, Felton will probably break out, but he still won't be as good in assists as Miller is right now, and Glove already has the huge scoring advantage.

Overall - Glove

Starting Forwards

RLewis, Webber, GWallace (Glove) vs Odom, Boozer, Murphy (Big Boi)

Well this ones tough. Glove, you have two MAJOR injury risks with Webber and Wallace. If they pan out, you're golden, but if they don't, you're in for a load of trouble. Rebounds undoubtably go to BigBoi for this, as Lewis and Wallace just aren't big rebounders for forwards. Murphy will get 10rpg, as will Booze, and Odom's not too far below that. Booze is an injury risk as well, but not by as much IMO. Wallace, does all kinds of intangables as well, and Webb passes great for a bigman, but then again, so does Odom.

Overall - BigBoi (Injury risks hurt Glove, and even wihtout the risks for anyone, I still take BigBois guys I think, not by much though)

Starting Centers

Z and KThomas (Glove) vs Ming and Frye

HUGE ADVANTAGE BIG BOI. Obviously. Yao's gonna go for 24/12 with a great FG% and FT%. Frye won't hurt that FT% either, and he could have a decent season. I have Z on my team, and I'm not sure about him. Maybe 13/7 or so, not great for the best center on your team, especially not against Yao. Thomas falls under the same category as Frye, except he's a backup, and Frye starts. Massive advantage for Big Boi.

Overall - BigBoi (obviously)

Bench

Eddie Jones, Ridnour, Korver, Abdur-Rahim, JWill (Glove) vs Dice, Mobley, Kwame, Reddick, Hill (Big Boi)

This one's interesting. I want to just call it a wash, but I dunno. A lot of question marks for BigBoi, with Kwame (will he break out), Reddick (is he ready), and Hill (can he even play). Dice will be really solid this year, as will Mobley. But then you got some sure things for Glove too. JWill, Ridnour, and Jones are all really solid, and we know what to expect. Lots of assists from your bench Glove, that's for sure. I dunno about Abdur-Rahim, but if he does start, he could put up some nice numbers (14/7) or something like that, as long as Kenny Thomas doesn't steal some of his minutes. Korver's awesome for three's, and that might just lock up that category for you. If Hill were to actually play 75% of the season, then he'd probably get at LEAST 15/5/5, if not better. That'd lock up the nech for BigBoi, but I don't see that happening. I see both the Magic guys hurting BigBoi in the end, and Kwame won't be that much better.

Overall - Wash, slight advantage to Glove

So that was pretty much a tie then wasn't it. Let's move onto actual categories for fun.

Points - Glove (AI/PP nuff said)
FG% - Big Boi (AI/PP nuff said, + Yao on other side = Winna)
FT% - Big Boi (Kwame's the only bad one, everyone else is great)
3PM - Glove (close, Glove's bench seals the deal)
Assists - Glove (see above)
Rebounds - Big Boi (Big advantage here, bench seals it)
Steals - Glove (AI/Wallace very solid, good bench too)
Blocks - Glove (EXTREMELY CLOSE, could easily go either way)
Turnovers - Big Boi


Well that was fun. Can't believe I did that for a league I'm not even in. Oh well. Enjoy. :cheers:

bigboi_baller 09-26-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidonKs
Well just for fun, because I have time, let's look at this position by position shall we... bear in mind, I'm not the most intelligent fantasy head on this board, but I don't think my comparisons will be far off...

Starting Guards

AI, Pierce, Andre Miller (Glove) vs Billups, Rip, and Felton (Big Boi)

Nice advantage for Glove here for sure. In quick format AI>Billups, PP>Rip, and Dre>Felton. Not to say your guys won't win you a category or two BigBoi (FT%) but overall Glove just outclasses you. Big assists from AI and Dre, HUGE scoring from AI and Pierce, and Pierce definately chips in with rebounding as well. Also, Felton will probably break out, but he still won't be as good in assists as Miller is right now, and Glove already has the huge scoring advantage.

Overall - Glove

Starting Forwards

RLewis, Webber, GWallace (Glove) vs Odom, Boozer, Murphy (Big Boi)

Well this ones tough. Glove, you have two MAJOR injury risks with Webber and Wallace. If they pan out, you're golden, but if they don't, you're in for a load of trouble. Rebounds undoubtably go to BigBoi for this, as Lewis and Wallace just aren't big rebounders for forwards. Murphy will get 10rpg, as will Booze, and Odom's not too far below that. Booze is an injury risk as well, but not by as much IMO. Wallace, does all kinds of intangables as well, and Webb passes great for a bigman, but then again, so does Odom.

Overall - BigBoi (Injury risks hurt Glove, and even wihtout the risks for anyone, I still take BigBois guys I think, not by much though)

Starting Centers

Z and KThomas (Glove) vs Ming and Frye

HUGE ADVANTAGE BIG BOI. Obviously. Yao's gonna go for 24/12 with a great FG% and FT%. Frye won't hurt that FT% either, and he could have a decent season. I have Z on my team, and I'm not sure about him. Maybe 13/7 or so, not great for the best center on your team, especially not against Yao. Thomas falls under the same category as Frye, except he's a backup, and Frye starts. Massive advantage for Big Boi.

Overall - BigBoi (obviously)

Bench

Eddie Jones, Ridnour, Korver, Abdur-Rahim, JWill (Glove) vs Dice, Mobley, Kwame, Reddick, Hill (Big Boi)

This one's interesting. I want to just call it a wash, but I dunno. A lot of question marks for BigBoi, with Kwame (will he break out), Reddick (is he ready), and Hill (can he even play). Dice will be really solid this year, as will Mobley. But then you got some sure things for Glove too. JWill, Ridnour, and Jones are all really solid, and we know what to expect. Lots of assists from your bench Glove, that's for sure. I dunno about Abdur-Rahim, but if he does start, he could put up some nice numbers (14/7) or something like that, as long as Kenny Thomas doesn't steal some of his minutes. Korver's awesome for three's, and that might just lock up that category for you. If Hill were to actually play 75% of the season, then he'd probably get at LEAST 15/5/5, if not better. That'd lock up the nech for BigBoi, but I don't see that happening. I see both the Magic guys hurting BigBoi in the end, and Kwame won't be that much better.

Overall - Wash, slight advantage to Glove

So that was pretty much a tie then wasn't it. Let's move onto actual categories for fun.

Points - Glove (AI/PP nuff said)
FG% - Big Boi (AI/PP nuff said, + Yao on other side = Winna)
FT% - Big Boi (Kwame's the only bad one, everyone else is great)
3PM - Glove (close, Glove's bench seals the deal)
Assists - Glove (see above)
Rebounds - Big Boi (Big advantage here, bench seals it)
Steals - Glove (AI/Wallace very solid, good bench too)
Blocks - Glove (EXTREMELY CLOSE, could easily go either way)
Turnovers - Big Boi


Well that was fun. Can't believe I did that for a league I'm not even in. Oh well. Enjoy. :cheers:


That was a really good review. Where's positive rep when you need it?
:cheers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy