Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sean Williams Vs Josh Boone (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122298)

LBJames2010 02-25-2009 09:27 PM

Sean Williams Vs Josh Boone

Who should get the minutes?

MTing 02-25-2009 10:07 PM

Re: Sean Williams Vs Josh Boone

Well in the 2 games that Sean has replaced Boone, hes been doing a decent job. I mean he still commits some dumb fouls but hes doing it less. His shot blocking ability also comes in handy against athletic big men (Ty Thomas, Sam Dalembart).
The most important thing is were winning so I'd keep this going.

But when tall centers over 6'11+ come into town, I expect Boone to come back. Seans way to short to be guarding the likes of Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, Big Z, etc.

Nets fan 93 02-25-2009 10:19 PM

I remember reading somewhere that LF wanted more blks...that is what Sean does best..

gigantes 02-26-2009 01:18 AM

the recent dave-d article made it sound like sean had actually learned some lessons from his humbling D-league experience. and that he was putting extra gym time into improving his game.

maybe there's hope for this kid yet... maybe.

JerzeyBlaze 02-26-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
the recent dave-d article made it sound like sean had actually learned some lessons from his humbling D-league experience. and that he was putting extra gym time into improving his game.

maybe there's hope for this kid yet... maybe.

I hope so...if he can stay focused and work hard, this kid can be so good...

StroShow4 02-26-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJames2010
Who should get the minutes?

stromile swift.

RecSpecs110 02-26-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StroShow4
stromile swift.

Isn't he still injured?

MTing 02-26-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Isn't he still injured?

Hes just inactive now.

LBJames2010 02-26-2009 06:48 PM

What about Ryan Anderson? what kind of role should he play? Is he another "situational" guy?

JerzeyBlaze 02-27-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJames2010
What about Ryan Anderson? what kind of role should he play? Is he another "situational" guy?

I think he has the potential to be very good but i think he needs some more development, a little more strength to be dominant. Next year he should be pretty good...he's impressed me so far this year

gigantes 02-27-2009 02:18 PM

the boone situation is a strange one.
here's a guy who came into the league with modest talents by NBA-standards who has consistently been ahead of the curve in terms of expected development and has always been a hard worker.

and yet from what the writers are saying he has been giving substandard effort most of this season. very strange. but perhaps he's going through personal issues and his mind is only half on basketball right now...

LBJames2010 03-02-2009 05:25 PM

no joke. i havnt seen neither boone nor anderson as of late. Sean Williams looks pretty sharp though.

rknine15 03-02-2009 06:22 PM

Sean Williams is playing tough. He's a better back up for Brook than Boone. He does a great job with the pick n rolls, he's making less mistakes(than last year) and playing with a lot of energy.

Josh hasnt played well all season. He's the worst free throw shooter in the league and trys to aviod contact when finishing around the rim causing him to miss layups and such. Plus he was making a lot of mistakes. His confidence is at a all time low and i don't see him getting playing time unless Sean and Brook get into foul trouble or its a blow out.

SLY 03-06-2009 06:49 PM

Im trying to keep hope in my boy SWAT

Nets fan 93 03-09-2009 05:45 PM

Sean has been impressing me...:D