Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122528)

MarloStanfield 02-27-2009 02:09 PM

Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

I bengal signed, 1 bengal to go for my birds. This is a high risk high reward signing. Andrews is coming off on a MCL/ACL tear but he was one of the better Right Tackles in the league prior to his injury. He also will be reunited with his brother Shawn who plays at right guard and is one of the better linemen in the league. Shawn has had some off the field problems so this will be beneficial to his well being. With both players motivated and healthy the right side of their line could be dominant. Me likes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939730

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 02-27-2009 02:10 PM

Re: Eagles land Stacy Andrews

Gets to be with his brother

MarloStanfield 02-27-2009 02:16 PM

Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

Dawkins on his way to Denver for a visit (posturing)

TJ texted ESPN 950 in Philly stating that "If the Eagles want me, I'd be an Eagle tomorrow."

The Eagles are apparently interested in Leonard Weaver Seattle FB.

Antonio Smith of the Cardinals is scheduled to come in for a visit.

Jon Runyan and Tra Thomas are both free agents.

Rasheed1 02-27-2009 02:18 PM

I thought about your Bensalem homies Marlo when i heard they let Dawk hit the free agent market...

Im nervous about that... I dont wanna see Dawkins on another team...

Im sure his die hard fans will be pretty bent out of shape and p'oed with the birds front office....

Im going to be patient, but Im not optimistic at this point... #5 is trying to get the upper hand with Banner and the boys... Banner doesnt like being told what to do....

btw here's a good link to a story Mike Smith of ESPN was covering.... He has the low down on McNabb... Mike Missanelli is the host..

http://950espn.com/Audio/tabid/183/a...ael-Smith.aspx

cross your fingers

Posterize246 02-27-2009 02:20 PM

Dawkins cannot play for another team. He can't.

MarloStanfield 02-27-2009 02:23 PM

Ha, Rasheed not from Bensalem nor would I associate myself with anyone from there (not all bad but a lot of white trash). My Moms and I lived in Philly while my old man lived in Upper Bucks.

Dawkins has way more value to the Eagles than any other team so that is not in his favor atm.

crounsa810 02-27-2009 04:21 PM

So whats up with those Marvin Harrison rumors? Are we getting him or not?

BTW, we better resign Dawkins. We need him.

MarloStanfield 02-27-2009 05:05 PM

Omfg Brian Dawkins Signed W/ The F*cking Broncos

Wow
Wow
Owowowowoogowgdkgndskghkodshgdskljgldsgndsklgndksl gnsdjkbgdsljkfndlkgbdskgjdbsnglsg

statman32 02-27-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Omfg Brian Dawkins Signed W/ The F*cking Broncos

Wow
Wow
Owowowowoogowgdkgndskghkodshgdskljgldsgndsklgndksl gnsdjkbgdsljkfndlkgbdskgjdbsnglsg

Just "posturing" eh? :lol

MarloStanfield 02-27-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by statman32
Just "posturing" eh? :lol

I hope Larry Fitzgerald gets horse collared in the preseason and is forced to retire.
Just kidding, but no really fu Stat

statman32 02-27-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I hope Larry Fitzgerald gets horse collared in the preseason and is forced to retire.
Just kidding, but no really fu Stat

:roll:

What the hell happened? The FO low ball him or something? I havent seen anything on espn.com.

MarloStanfield 02-27-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by statman32
:roll:

What the hell happened? The FO low ball him or something? I havent seen anything on espn.com.

Not sure what happened. Rotoworld is reporting he agreed to terms. The Eagles message board which is a great source of information is down which is not a good sign at all. Especially considering it's like the most popular football message board. Either Dawkins signed with Denver or the Eagles just pulled off a trade for Anquan, Adrian Wilson, and Karlos Dansby.

GOBB 02-27-2009 05:39 PM

I like the move. Best RT on the market.

Quote:

Friday, February 27, 2009
Report: Dawkins signs with Broncos
Brian Dawkins has signed with the Denver Broncos, according to a report in the San Francisco Chronicle.

Our people are working to confirm this report.

If it is true, it's safe to say Eagles fans everywhere will be devastated that one of the most beloved players in franchise history will be playing elsewhere in 2009.

It had been expected that the Eagles would re-sign Dawkins before the start of free agency, but it never happened. Today he visited Denver, and the Broncos reportedly never let him leave town.

According to the report, a press conference is scheduled for Saturday to introduce Dawkins.

Stay tuned to philly.com for updates on this breaking story.

Oh man.

GOBB 02-27-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Six free agents the Eagles should court
by Paul Domowitch

The Eagles have lots of salary-cap room and Daily News football writer Paul Domowitch has lots of suggestions on how they could spend some of it when the free-agency signing period gets under way. Here are six players he thinks would make them a better football team:

* Jason Brown, C, Ravens: Yeah, they have more pressing problems at tackle. But Brown is head and shoulders better than Jamaal Jackson.

* T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, Bengals: Anquan Boldin is a bigger difference-maker, but there's no guarantee the Cardinals ever are going to trade him. With DeSean Jackson, Kevin Curtis and Houshmandzadeh, Donovan McNabb would have one of the league's better wide-receiving trios at his disposal.

* Derrick Ward, RB, Giants: Ward wants to go someplace where he can be The Man. But he'd make a terrific 1-2 punch with Brian Westbrook if the Eagles could coax him to play here.

* Yeremiah Bell, S, Dolphins: Bell is one of the better young strong safeties in the league. Quintin Mikell would have no trouble making the switch to free safety.

* Heath Evans, FB, Patriots: Maybe Dan Klecko will develop into a decent lead blocker, maybe not. Evans already is a very good one.

* Stacy Andrews, OT, Bengals: He's the best right tackle in free agency, and also can play guard if Andy Reid prefers to move his younger brother, Shawn, outside.

Paul Domo got 1 right lol

MarloStanfield 02-27-2009 05:46 PM

Anthony Gargano is reporting Derrick Ward is coming in for a visit. Gobb you know as well as I do very rarely do players come in for visits and leave without a contract.