Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bibby/Murray will own Rondo/Marbury in the playoffs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122549)

hawkfan 02-27-2009 05:42 PM

Bibby/Murray will own Rondo/Marbury in the playoffs

It's just a fact.
This will happen.

Mike Bibby and Flip Murray are better than Rajan Rondo and Stephon Marbury (Rondo is talented, but overall he is brought down by Marbury).

Go Hawks!

oh the horror 02-27-2009 05:43 PM

Re: Bibby/Murray will own Rondo/Marbury in the playoffs

Bibby maybe...but Flip Murray? Does that man even still have a pulse?

OneMoreSucka 02-27-2009 05:44 PM

You seem to be forgetting a key fact here: Atlanta won't even play Boston in the playoffs.

Dasher 02-27-2009 05:44 PM

Bibby got owned last year by Rondo.

NOHCP3 02-27-2009 05:47 PM

Could be a second round matchup if the standings stay as is. And they manage to get past Miami in the first round. Idk about Marbury bringing Rondo down. That series was something else last year. Hopefully we get to see a great one again this year.

imdaman99 02-27-2009 05:49 PM

That series was great last year. Well, the games at ATL basically only. The Celts had leads and then the Hawks came back in the 4th quarters to win all the games I think. This year I could see the Hawks stealing one in Boston, if they do match up in the 2nd round.

OneMoreSucka 02-27-2009 05:49 PM

Miami will get the 4 seed.

tontoz 02-27-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
It's just a fact.
This will happen.

Mike Bibby and Flip Murray are better than Rajan Rondo and Stephon Marbury (Rondo is talented, but overall he is brought down by Marbury).

Go Hawks!

Talk about the jinx from Hades. This could be worse than the Konex curse. The Hawks are doomed.

LOL @ stating a future prediction is (present tense) a fact. Your English teacher would be like...

:banghead:

Celts34 02-27-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imdaman99
That series was great last year. Well, the games at ATL basically only. The Celts had leads and then the Hawks came back in the 4th quarters to win all the games I think. This year I could see the Hawks stealing one in Boston, if they do match up in the 2nd round.

Dude that series has been overrated so badly, it was quite possibly the most lop-sided 7 game series of all-time. Hawks lost all four games in that series by 25+, the only reason it was close at all had way more to do with the Celtics than the Hawks. If the Hawks play the Celtics again, its over in 6 and probably doesn't even get that far.

MMM 02-27-2009 06:24 PM

Rondo will own Bibby just like last year.
Celts in 5 if they match up in the playoffs.

tedloc 02-27-2009 08:38 PM

i agree. bibby will own rondo/marbury

lets hope it's enough.

catzhernandez 02-28-2009 03:46 AM

roflmao

Maniak 03-01-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
roflmao

Yeh, that sums this thread up :roll:

vatreni 03-03-2009 09:55 PM

i dont think the hawks will have such a massive advantage just because bibby/murray are arguably better than rondo/marbury (which i happen to agree with). the weakest link in bostons playoffs last year was rondos consistency, and defence. as we have seen so far this season, his consistency has improved, and now with the addition of marburys solid frame and quick feet, opposing teams wont be able to take advantage of the pg spot. (remember in the lakers celtics finals, rondo was confused by all the off-ball sets the lakers were running, and left his man open far too many times, perhaps why the lakers took such a large lead at the start of gm3/4)