Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Orlando Magic Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Battie over Darko (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12276)

Raildog 09-29-2006 11:58 PM

Battie over Darko

I was reading somewhere that they will be starting Battie over Darko and will have Hedo as the starting SF... and have yet to choose the starting SG...

I think they should start Darko!

wally_world 09-30-2006 12:42 PM

damn they should... but maybe it's because of Dwight Howard... Darko may affect his game-play... Battie on the other hand plays totally differnet with Howard... this lets them focus on what they do well... SG... JJ... who else???!!!

final.wrath 09-30-2006 06:20 PM

the only way darko wont start is if his work ethic is really as bad as it supposedly was in detroit. darko has the potential to score and he already has shown he can rebound and is a superb shotblocker.

DanoX 09-30-2006 07:36 PM

Battie over Darko

Darko should start because Orlando needs to start off right from the 1st preseason game, Battie is a career backup with no future as a starter unless you want to continue to lose as a team, Orlando doesn't have the time to waste, barring injury Darko impact this year can be as great as Boris Diaw was with the Suns.

idizzle 09-30-2006 10:35 PM

I heard Keyon Dooling might be starting at the 2 guard spot.

WildStyle 10-01-2006 03:14 AM

Battie will start going into training camp. Darko will have the chance to challenge for the starting spot during training camp and the preseason. Unless he totally sucks and blows his chance, Darko will most likely start for the season opener.

DanoX 10-01-2006 03:25 PM

Battie over Darko

Keyon Dooling another career backup starting? too bad Orlando didn't get Thabo Sefolosha, got Reddick instead another career backup.

Raildog 10-02-2006 09:05 AM

so to have darko as 6th man they are motivating him to take the starting position... i dont see any problem with that... hope darko sees it the same way!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 10-06-2006 06:10 PM

no problem, makes darko work harder

wally_world 10-07-2006 01:33 PM

Darko worked hard enough... Darko IS better than Battie... this season, last season, the season before that! Nuff said~~~ he should start...

PacerRaptor 10-07-2006 01:38 PM

i think the best lineup for Magic would be:

Nelson
JJ
Tedo
Darko
Howard

wally_world 10-08-2006 04:01 AM

Quote:

i think the best lineup for Magic would be:

Nelson
JJ
Tedo
Darko
Howard

damn it is... now we just have to make the coach think this way... lol...

only if Grant Hill was as good as before...

final.wrath 10-08-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
Darko worked hard enough... Darko IS better than Battie... this season, last season, the season before that! Nuff said~~~ he should start...

um actually darko didnt even really play half of last season, all of the season before last and all of the season before that. oh wally world....im waiting for you to say something smart one day.

DanoX 10-08-2006 10:00 PM

Battie over Darko

If Darko isn't better than Battie, Orlando will not make the playoffs, In addition if Nelson, Reddick, Darko and Arroyo. Don't play well night after night Orlando doesn't win. What Howard, Hedo, and Hill did in the last 1.5 years before the last 30 games of last season didn't lead to winning. The new players have to make a difference or else.

wally_world 10-09-2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

um actually darko didnt even really play half of last season, all of the season before last and all of the season before that. oh wally world....im waiting for you to say something smart one day

:rollingeyes: its an expression...