Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Iverson is fine with coming off the bench (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123435)

francesco totti 03-05-2009 02:41 PM

Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
http://www.freep.com/article/2009030...ng+o ff+bench

Quote:

“My goal is to help this team win a championship, and I’ve said that from the first day I arrived here in Detroit,” Iverson said in the statement. “I’m going to do whatever it takes to help us achieve our goals as a team, regardless if I’m starting or coming off the bench.”


He will return in less then 2 weeks as well as reported

Sanity 03-05-2009 02:43 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
They should have him play Like a super scoring Eddie House

niko 03-05-2009 02:44 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
Did he say "yeah i'm fine" while rolling his eyes and looking intensely pissed like the first time? :D i love how he got credit for that. Being a pissy jerk to the point that even though he agreed, they were afraid to do it.

That said, if he really agrees to it, more power to him. Once he gets past the ego part and realizes that he has a green light to shoot, NEEDS to dominate the offense, and has backups trying to stop him while he ****s on them, i think he will love it.

hawkfan 03-05-2009 03:11 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
I think AI realizes his days as a Piston are probably up, and he will be looking for a new gig soon.

So he doesn't want to jeopardize his chances of getting a long term deal, even if it is at MLE level for 5 years (will probably be around 34 million) with some team somewhere.

Anything negative he says will only hurt him, not the Pistons, who are moving on this summer in their rebuilding plan.

guy 03-05-2009 03:16 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
Thats great. Now watch, nobody here is going to give him credit for that, while when the topic came up before, everyone bashed and criticized him based off speculation that he wouldn't do it.

mattevans11 03-05-2009 03:27 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
what do you want.... someone to get props for saying he is okay with it..... that doesnt mean that he is really fine with it...... he is not going to come out and say..."I need to start", if he did that he might as well pack his bags, cause he would get booed out of his own building.....

giving him credit is like clapping at myself everytime i take a breath...... AI is a little whiny girl.....

guy 03-05-2009 03:36 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11
what do you want.... someone to get props for saying he is okay with it..... that doesnt mean that he is really fine with it...... he is not going to come out and say..."I need to start", if he did that he might as well pack his bags, cause he would get booed out of his own building.....

giving him credit is like clapping at myself everytime i take a breath...... AI is a little whiny girl.....


My point is there's been a million threads about AI lately and the majority of posters have bashed AI and his ego saying he would throw a fit about coming off the bench. Now when we get his reaction to it, and he's totally fine with it, the same people who SPECULATED he would have a problem, are not going to say s*** about it. And seriously, how are you going to call him a "little whiny girl" right now, when he's doing what everyone is expecting him to do without a complaint? Thats the type of stuff I'm talking about. He hasn't done anything about this bench situation to warrant the type of hate he's getting. Rip has done alot more whining about this situation then AI, and I'm talking about even before either one was sent to the bench.

ConanRulesNBC 03-05-2009 03:38 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
I think he should either return to Philadelphia or sign with a real contender. I think he'd fit in coming off the bench for either the Lakers, Spurs, Cavs or even Celtics.

HisJoeness 03-05-2009 03:40 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
It doesn't matter if he says he's ok with it and deep down inside he's not, that's only natural. I'm just trying to figure out what he's said or did in the last couple of weeks that's that's got everyone hating on him. He didn't place himself in the starting lineup did he? Nope, Michael Curry did. Your beef is with him. AI's been nothing but a model citizen in Detroit.

boozehound 03-05-2009 03:42 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
I think AI realizes his days as a Piston are probably up, and he will be looking for a new gig soon.

So he doesn't want to jeopardize his chances of getting a long term deal, even if it is at MLE level for 5 years (will probably be around 34 million) with some team somewhere.

Anything negative he says will only hurt him, not the Pistons, who are moving on this summer in their rebuilding plan.

whose gonna offer a 34 year old little man a 5 year contract?

lakerfreak 03-05-2009 03:44 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
how can he say what he said with a straight face?

Win a championship?

gimme a break.

c_az_a 03-05-2009 04:06 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
Amazing how Iverson is hurt all of a sudden. If he were to start, he would have came back immediately.

kps 03-05-2009 04:11 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
^ oh ye of little faith

Detroit 03-05-2009 04:23 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanity
They should have him play Like a super scoring Eddie House


lol i would love to have eddie house over him. all eddie house does is shoot, and he actually makes them. Iverson on the other hand, just kills the whole game.

flintstone 03-05-2009 04:29 PM

Re: Iverson is fine with coming off the bench
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HisJoeness
It doesn't matter if he says he's ok with it and deep down inside he's not, that's only natural. I'm just trying to figure out what he's said or did in the last couple of weeks that's that's got everyone hating on him. He didn't place himself in the starting lineup did he? Nope, Michael Curry did. Your beef is with him. AI's been nothing but a model citizen in Detroit.


The haters hated him before he came to Detroit. Nothing he could say or do can stop that.

He's not the only superstar with haters...they all have them. Most Detroit fans "do not" hate AI.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy