Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   IMHO............the top 5 ballparks in baseball (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123904)

mlh1981 03-09-2009 02:20 PM

IMHO............the top 5 ballparks in baseball

1. PNC Park--tops in the bigs because of the location, the architecture that is unique amongst the newer parks, the intimacy of the park, and the fact that every seat is a good seat

2. Fenway Park--speaks for itself. Renovations have improved it w/o changing the overall feel

3. Wrigley Field--It's like going back in time to another world

4. AT&T Park--Never been here, but I imagine sitting in the upperdeck watching the setting sun and seeing the ocean beyond the outfield fence makes for a beautiful backdrop

5. Dodger Stadium--great mountain views and a historical, classic ballpark

canadianballer 03-09-2009 02:24 PM

Re: IMHO............the top 5 ballparks in baseball

pnc :roll: HOMER ALERT

mlh1981 03-09-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianballer
pnc :roll: HOMER ALERT

I hate the Pirates and all Pittsburgh teams (Pens being the exception)

Try again.

mlh1981 03-09-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Shut the f*ck up Michael, nobody likes you, go find a different forum to post in you silly goose. Take your "America's Pasttime" and begone.

What is your favorite game on The Price is Right?

JEFFERSON MONEY 03-09-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
What is your favorite game on The Price is Right?

The episode where Bob Barker gets retired and everybody laughts at what a lame geyzer he's become. And Heroic Drew Carey comes along and saves the game for eternity and beyond. Or the one where Happy Gilmore throws him the hook and sends him to the grave where he rightfully belongs.

Styles p 03-09-2009 02:45 PM

ill take citizens bank park

homer.

MarloStanfield 03-09-2009 02:48 PM

citizens park is nice for a new stadium. at&t is the nicest park i've been too. hard to go wrong with a stadium that's so rich in history like yankee stadium.

DeuceWallaces 03-09-2009 02:57 PM

Comerica is really nice. Every seat has a great view, it's very affordable, and they have all sorts of attractions like bars, ferris wheels, crap like that.

Da Ballahollic 03-09-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Dodger Stadium--great mountain views and a historical, classic ballpark

IMO Dodger Stadium is the best ballpark..

InLebronWeTrust 03-09-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

1. PNC Park--tops in the bigs because of the location, the architecture that is unique amongst the newer parks, the intimacy of the park, and the fact that every seat is a good seat

2. Fenway Park--speaks for itself. Renovations have improved it w/o changing the overall feel

3. Wrigley Field--It's like going back in time to another world

4. AT&T Park--Never been here, but I imagine sitting in the upperdeck watching the setting sun and seeing the ocean beyond the outfield fence makes for a beautiful backdrop

5. Dodger Stadium--great mountain views and a historical, classic ballpark

I too live pretty close to pittsburgh. PNC is a gorgeous park, it's a shame the owners don't put more money to the team so the pirates could win more then 60 games a year. I like PNC a lot, Fenway, and the Astros field.

TakitoEspanoza 03-09-2009 03:28 PM

NO HOMER

mlh1981 03-09-2009 03:31 PM

^^That ballpark has always looked fantastic on TV, but those upperdeck seats look a LONG ways away from home plate, and in a hot place like Dallas, why no retractable roof?

TakitoEspanoza 03-09-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

^^That ballpark has always looked fantastic on TV, but those upperdeck seats look a LONG ways away from home plate, and in a hot place like Dallas, why no retractable roof?

Ive sat in the upperdeck a few times but never in the far ends, so I couldnt tell you... when I have sat there its been directly behind home plate and that veiw is great. When I got, I always sit in the 2nd deck on the 1st or 3rd base side, which has a great elevated veiw.

I have no idea why there wasnt a roof put on the field... because it sucks to go when its 96 degrees at 7pm in July and August... absolutely brutal heat.

kentatm 03-09-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Tom Hicks is about as dumb of a smart business man as there is.

White Chocolate 03-09-2009 03:51 PM

I hate Fenway and it has nothing to do with me being a Yankees fan. My ass was sore for like 3 days after sitting in those seats.