Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Surprised At how good Antonie Walker has been for Miami (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124)

All Net 06-03-2006 04:14 PM

Surprised At how good Antonie Walker has been for Miami

Coming into the season I expected like many others that Tonie would be a big problem for the Heat and in the playoffs. When Miami were in a close game I expected Tonie to get out of control and cost the Heat dearly but he did a pretty good job and hit shots when he needed to, got boards and made some key passes.

Guess all the questionable moves Riley made were infact good ones. Although I did think Posey would be better than he is for them but overall the Heat have a pretty decent supporting cast for their two superstars.

Juvenile 06-03-2006 04:17 PM

His shot is falling, even his D at times has been solid. He has been the 3rd creator on offense, somethign i wouldnt have expected from him.

BFRESH44 06-03-2006 04:21 PM

Yep, made a thread on the other board.

I'll quote myself...

Quote:

Hmmmm....

"No team will win anything signficant with Antoine Walker on it"

Herd alot of that...

Pat Riley has appeared to turn 'Toine into the epitomic role player.

There isn't a player(especially on this board) who is subject to more redicule than Antoine Walker...

But give the man props, he's done it the right way.

For the first time in his career, he's been doing the "little things", playing with the intanginables, and making the right plays..

And he's done that, at the most important time of the year, the NBA post-season.

He's been commited from day 1. From getting in the best shape in his career, from excepting a difficult role from the bench for the majority of the year etc etc..

And now, it looks like it's paid off.

Does he shed "cancerous chucker" label? Looks like it too me.

Real Men Wear Green 06-03-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvenile
His shot is falling, even his D at times has been solid. He has been the 3rd creator on offense, somethign i wouldnt have expected from him.

'Toine's always been able to create offense.

Praise Toine.

Patches O'Houlihan 06-03-2006 04:25 PM

Yes, praise Toine.

The REAL Next KNICK 06-03-2006 04:25 PM

let's see how he does against the mavs/suns

Raptors4life 06-03-2006 04:30 PM

Yes i am surprised at how good he has been!!
he has really stepped up!

305Baller 06-03-2006 04:32 PM

Key Matchup (if Dallas advances):
vs

BlackMoses 06-03-2006 04:33 PM

His ball-handing ability really helped break down the Pistons D, as he could just blow by Rasheed on the perimeter and throw the lob to Shaq.

I think any heady basketball fan would have known that if Toine could get under control, be in shape, and play within his role, that he would be a very valuable player to any contender. Nothing he's doing now is too shocking.

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-03-2006 05:07 PM

Toine better defender than Wade

Toine > James Poser.

He would've been great in Philadelphia, outside shooting, passing, interior offense compliments Iverson nicely. However, he is too reminescent of Webber at the moment.

PF'z have been stepping it up.

Toine, Haslem, Nowitzki, TT, Marion, Brand etc.

It's a Swingmen Powerforward generation/decade!

wang4three 06-03-2006 05:09 PM

I've been surprised too. I guess he's better off as a starter than a bench player. He's found his role no doubt.

Spiderman08 24 06-03-2006 05:10 PM

Riles knows what he's doing,I guess. Trading for Walker was a very risky move but it looks like it's paying off.

JWill has also been pretty good for Miami.

They're a great team.

TerryPorter4Life 06-03-2006 05:14 PM

I was a bit skeptical and worried at the start of the season, but the Heat have really pulled it together nicely