Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Brook Lopez For Blake Griffin ??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125361)

SLY 03-21-2009 02:03 PM

Brook Lopez For Blake Griffin ???

Would you guys trade Brook Lopez for Blake Griffin next year if the offer was on the table ???

MTing 03-21-2009 02:17 PM

Re: Brook Lopez For Blake Griffin ???

no

gigantes 03-21-2009 02:51 PM

who's blake griffin?

he better be a super-awesome center prospect to trade lopez for.

liverpooty 03-21-2009 04:09 PM

Griffin has 5 times the athleticism of Lopez.

Lopez seems like hes going to have an Emeka Okafor type career while Griffin could be destined towards a Boozer type career,

You make the decision.

gigantes 03-21-2009 04:23 PM

"five times the athleticism"...
whenever you hear that about someone it's usually a bad sign.

lopez is very smart, coachable, has great size, adequate athleticism, is a natural shot blocker and has all the tools to be an efficient force down low and a deadly midrange shooter. the nets will be able to run their offense through him sooner rather than later and there are very few centers you can say that about in the league.

so give me one of those guys over the unproven flash in the pans anyday...

liverpooty 03-21-2009 04:40 PM

Point well taken.

iDunk 03-21-2009 11:46 PM

Lopez.

Hands down.

Nets fan 93 03-22-2009 05:29 PM

Lopez only because he is a REAL, TRUE center...That is extremely rare...
BTW: Lopez is no way close to Okafor, They play totally different games

Rockbttm88 03-23-2009 01:19 PM

Lopez is an untouchable, in my opinion. Nets need to sign him long-term asap :cheers:

taibien86 03-23-2009 07:21 PM

LOPEZ. dude has unbelievable bball IQ to go with his skills. he's super efficient, can shoot jumpers, can post up, shoots over 80% ft (how many starting centers can do that??) and has something that cannot be taught. Seven feet.

Griffin could be an amazing player, even with that being said he's not a pure center. Having a good pure center is a luxury in this league that shouldn't be overlooked.

BrooklynNets 03-23-2009 09:15 PM

Lopez. I think both are going to be excellent players in the league for a long time providing they stay healthy. Why would you disrupt something you have already got? Lopez is not only a great centerpiece to build a team around, he also has a year of experience with New Jersey. Swapping the two would just set the franchise back a year.

That being said every time I watch Griffin I think of one man, and one man only: Karl Malone. Not to say he will be as good as Malone but he just looks and moves like the mailman used to. :hammertime:

So the real question is: how are we going to get the Nets to lose some more games this season to increase our chances of having them both?

It's TANKING TIME! :hammerhead:

BrooklynNets 03-23-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpooty
Griffin has 5 times the athleticism of Lopez.

Lopez seems like hes going to have an Emeka Okafor type career while Griffin could be destined towards a Boozer type career,

You make the decision.

What? Lopez is going to have a much stronger career. First he has had a more productive rookie season than Okafor's despite being two years younger.

Not to knock Okafor (I am a Huskies fan and will always appreciate him) but he has his limits: he is an average post-player with questionable offensive skills and a poor shot. He makes up for this with his explosive athleticism and great strength. He is a better rebounder than Lopez and will probably always be- but we wont know that until Brook's frame fills out.

Both centers are top flight NBA defenders but again Brook's size wins out. While they both block the same amount of shots Brook alters more because of his size and length.

Griffin does not have 5x the athleticism of Lopez- leave that hyperbole at home. People repeatedly underestimated his athleticism and that's why he slipped to number 10. How did that work out for the Heat, Knicks, Bucks?

For Griffin's part, I think he will be even better than Boozer. There are definitely similarities between the two.

gigantes 03-23-2009 10:14 PM

...and i still don't understand how boozer's name entered the conversation.

he is known for having extraordinary desire which overcomes his mediocre NBA athleticism.

Kiddlovesnets 03-23-2009 11:21 PM

Yi for Blake Griffin!

Rusty 03-24-2009 10:44 PM

I bet Blake hopes he turns out nothing like Boozer. That guy - while clearly talented - can't stay healthy and that'll be his legacy, not his performances.