Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Amare owners (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12547)

kumquat 10-03-2006 09:27 AM

Amare owners

First sign of trouble already. Start trading him for something good while you still can.

RidonKs 10-03-2006 07:58 PM

Wats that about?

dinks101 10-04-2006 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidonKs
Wats that about?

After camp opened here with two light practices, Stoudemire cut short his on-court involvement in the third one Monday because he said his right knee felt stiff. In the first half-hour of practice, Stoudemire came out and spent the rest of practice doing exercises on the sideline.

There was no swelling or pain in the right knee, the one that had a cyst and debris removed in April. His left knee, on which microfracture surgery was performed last October, has not given him any problems.

Thats what hes talking about

RidonKs 10-04-2006 02:00 PM

Thanks man. I just dumped Amare, and although I may have gotten the worse out of the deal, I was glad to be rid of him. To much of a risk.

dinks101 10-05-2006 03:08 AM

Quote:

Thanks man. I just dumped Amare, and although I may have gotten the worse out of the deal, I was glad to be rid of him. To much of a risk.

If you dont mind me asking wat was the trade? and also did the other person know about what happened at training to amare?

statman32 10-05-2006 04:14 AM

amare

amare has alwyas had setbacks but he played good in yesterdays scrimmage so that gives his owner hope

RidonKs 10-05-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinks101
If you dont mind me asking wat was the trade? and also did the other person know about what happened at training to amare?

I had a lot of SF's, so I gave up the Pacers two, Granger and Harrington. I also desperately needed a PG, so that kind of forced me into the trade.

I give... Amare, Harrington, Granger

I recieve... Hinrich, Frye, Finley

Silent Mav 10-05-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

I had a lot of SF's, so I gave up the Pacers two, Granger and Harrington. I also desperately needed a PG, so that kind of forced me into the trade.

Please stop, you're killing me.

vood002 10-05-2006 05:52 PM

Assuming a standard 12-team league, where would people consider drafting Amare?

I'm kicking around the notion of early third round...maybe even late second...

I drafted him in the 6th last year and he just sat on my bench all year---still pulled out 1st place though (by .001 ft% on the last two freethrows thrown in the NBA season >=)

vood002 10-05-2006 06:20 PM

nevermind... I just saw that now both his knees are bothering him... not sure if i'll make the gamble this year, he's probably not worth taking before the 4th and i doubt he'll still be around then.

kumquat 10-05-2006 09:09 PM

Stick well clear, there's no IL list on yahoo anymore. You're better off picking up a boozer or someone over him.

loot 10-06-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

hate that trade for you

maybe if it was

amare/harrington for hinrich/frye

i traded amare away in my keepers league: roto, 10 teams, keep all players:

got: gasol, lewis
traded: amare, villanueava

EuroWise 10-07-2006 04:19 PM

Quote: