Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Jonny Flynn: "I'm coming back." (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125648)

InspiredLebowski 03-23-2009 11:06 PM

Jonny Flynn: "I'm coming back."

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=530600

Quote:

Syracuse point guard Jonny Flynn said he will return to school for his junior season, according to the Post-Standard.

"I'm coming back to Syracuse," Flynn told the newspaper. "That's it. I'm coming back to Syracuse. There is no 'as of right now.' I'm coming back to Syracuse. Yeah. I'm coming back to Syracuse."

wang4three 03-23-2009 11:12 PM

Re: Jonny Flynn: "I'm coming back."

Good for him!!

HisJoeness 03-23-2009 11:14 PM

He will be the best point in the nation next year.

Undisputed 03-23-2009 11:26 PM

Really smart decision by Flynn. One more year in college will do wonders for his draft stock.

baseketball4life 03-24-2009 12:10 AM

hmm interesting... i like it for him

monthh 03-24-2009 12:17 AM

It seems like college has become an "it" thing to do now. Last year Griffin passed up a top 5 pick, all the UNC guys came back, Louisville and UConn had guys that would have been 1st rounders. I think this is a big part of the reason why there have been so few upsets the past couple years, and I think you can kind of thank Noah and the Gators because they showed how much fun winning in college can be.

Posterize246 03-24-2009 01:14 AM

Good move. The '10 PG class is weak. Who they got? John Wall if he turns out to have a great freshman year. Kemba Walker if he puts in a good year but I don't see him coming out after his sophomore year.

ChiBulls7 03-24-2009 02:07 AM

Love Flynn's game, he's making the right decision.

swyftdahoe 03-24-2009 03:38 AM

Good move. He's a lottery pick next year.

brandonislegend 03-24-2009 04:26 AM

John Wall will be the best point guard next year.

But i like this alot.

Thorpesaurous 03-24-2009 10:09 AM

I think this was part of the idea behind the one year mandatory. Some kids would get to college, and decide they wanted to stay. With no experience, they couldn't make that kind of decision. I still don't think it was right, but it's probably helped enough kids that it's done what it was intended to do.

Younggrease 03-24-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I think this was part of the idea behind the one year mandatory. Some kids would get to college, and decide they wanted to stay. With no experience, they couldn't make that kind of decision. I still don't think it was right, but it's probably helped enough kids that it's done what it was intended to do.

Maybe but Flynn isnt the type of talent that could have gone straight to the NBA anyway.

bdreason 03-24-2009 02:13 PM

I think he should come out now. His stock is as high as it's going to get in my opinion... this is a pretty weak draft class.

bdreason 03-24-2009 02:14 PM

Wait is Flynn a rookie?

el gringos 03-24-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
I think he should come out now. His stock is as high as it's going to get in my opinion... this is a pretty weak draft class.

In a way I think you are right, normaly- but like said here he could atleast head into next season as one of the top couple pg prospects- this year I still think he is behind rubio, holiday, jennings, teague, evans, curry and maybe even maynor and hudson- there is also lawson and collison so even if this years draft may be weak the pg position imo is very deep this year