Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What guys in the draft should the knicks focus on? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1266)

brooklynchild155 06-12-2006 04:22 PM

What guys in the draft should the knicks focus on?

the knicks got plenty of guards. what they need are shot blockers. in the 20th pick they should take hilton armstrong and for the 29 pick they should take josh boone. when they were in college they shut down the paint and they are athletic, and they can also be role players at the same time because they arent scoring threats they can jus play a role by just playing defense and rebounding. those guys would be perfect picks. also i wouldnt mind them taking eric hicks from cincinatti.

JinTheWindMaster 06-12-2006 07:41 PM

Shannon Brown(20) and Josh Boone(29).

The REAL Next KNICK 06-12-2006 10:27 PM

20. Hilton Armstrong

29. Josh Boone

or

20. Mardy Collins

29. Shannon Brown

Da KO King 06-13-2006 10:39 AM

Sene Saer at 20. Shawne Williams at 29.

Stay away from Josh Boone at all cost. I'd rather draft Kyle Lowry at 29 and trade Nate Robinson than draft Boone.

jjswifty 06-16-2006 05:13 AM

Sun Yue.

The REAL Next KNICK 06-16-2006 10:13 AM

shawne williams wont be at 29? we better pray to get him at 20

Da KO King 06-16-2006 10:37 AM

I like Williams but only at 29. Having as many quality back-up bigs is more important

If the Knicks go wing player with 20 then look to go big at 29 they will be getting a stiff who will make little to no impact. I'd rather grab Sene at 20 and see who falls to 29.

doc_dimez 06-16-2006 04:21 PM

at 20 Shawne Williams.....Sf with potential, but he probably won't be available so go get Mardy Collins who is basically a big point, which allows Steph or Stevie (whichever of the 2 is still on the roster) to move to the 2 guard spot......if he isn't available grab the best defensive minded, shot blocking, and rebounding big man that is left on the board.

at 29......get a shot blocker.....probably ends up being Josh Boone.

Da KO King 06-18-2006 02:28 PM

If drafting Williams, Collins, or Thabo Sebaflo(sp?) at 20 means getting stuck with Boone at 29 I'd rather grab Sene Saer at 20.

insidehoops 06-18-2006 11:36 PM

Boone barely improved at all in college, so I don't see why he'd improve in the nba

Da KO King 06-20-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Boone barely improved at all in college, so I don't see why he'd improve in the nba

And bingo was him name-o...

Boone will not get any better any time soon. His best case scenario is PJ Brown.

doc_dimez 06-20-2006 01:18 PM

but isn't that what the Knicks need....look the power positions are established...whether you like it or not Curry is the C and Frye is the PF.....thats a good inside-outside offensive combo, but neither of them block shots, rebound well, or provide defensive intimidation on rotations when opposing players drive to the basket. So what you need is a guy off the bench who can play C/PF and gives you shot blocking and defense.......I know Boone is not the ultimate answer but he is a lot better than Jerome James ( I am still trying to figure out Isiah's logic on that one). As for him being like P.J. Brown, hey I don't mind a guy who in his prime grabbed around 9 rebounds and had 1.5 blocks per game along with playing great defense.........on a side note if I was the Knicks GM, I would trade Frye because I think in the long term Lee might end up being a better player, whoever is coaching next year needs to get Lee more run......but then again I'm not the GM, I'm some schlepp sitting in front of a computer pretending like I am.....

Da KO King 06-20-2006 04:18 PM

Boone's best case is PJ Brown. If everything works out the way the hope that's what they could have. And he's far away from that. Boone may provide interior defense, rebounding, and shot blocking but that's all and he doesn't even do those well.

He doesn't do anything well enough to even be worth the Knicks time right now. I'd rather grab Saer Sene at 20 and reach and take James White at 29 than have Shawn Williams/Mardy Collins at 20 and Boone at 29.

Boone just is not worth selecting in the first round. If he wasn't a legit 6'10" he wouldn't even be considered a first round pick. GM's are still holding on the "can't teach height" ideal and giving Boone a pass for his across the board lack of game.

sydneyking 06-20-2006 09:19 PM

#20. Shawne Williams - definitely. Isiah better have a damn good reason for picking someone else.
#29. Leon Powe - Who else is available?

And I know it's been said many a time but say no to Josh Boone.

sydneyking 06-20-2006 09:26 PM

EDIT:

However, Sene @ 20 and Shawne @ 29 would be sick. I think that would be enough to get Garnett. I'm thinking of package which includes some or maybe even all of these players:

Channing
Nate
David
Jackie Butler
Sene
Shawne

It would at least get Minny thinking.