Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Blake Griffin = WHO in present or past NBA? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127054)

KB8tHeGrEaT 04-04-2009 11:11 PM

Blake Griffin = WHO in present or past NBA?

Who do u think his overall game compare to? It can be present or past???

artificial 04-04-2009 11:27 PM

Re: Blake Griffin = WHO in present or past NBA?

He is frequently compared to a pre-injuries Antonio McDyess, and I like that comparison.

Although McDyess was probably slightly better on defense (which is not a knock on Griffin).

kaiteng 04-04-2009 11:32 PM

Taller version of Charles Barkley.

GiveItToBurrito 04-04-2009 11:55 PM

The Barkley and McDyess comparisons are pretty accurate. If I had to choose a more current player, it would probably be a rich man's Millsap with touches of 2005-ish Gerald Wallace. Basically anyone who puts up 20 and 10 and plays their heart out on offense whilst trying to dunk everything and not really worrying too much about defense.

KB8tHeGrEaT 04-05-2009 12:01 AM

^^^^ LOL nice!!! :lol :oldlol: :pimp:

KeylessEntry 04-05-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
The Barkley and McDyess comparisons are pretty accurate. If I had to choose a more current player, it would probably be a rich man's Millsap with touches of 2005-ish Gerald Wallace. Basically anyone who puts up 20 and 10 and plays their heart out on offense whilst trying to dunk everything and not really worrying too much about defense.

I really like the Millsap comparison. He was the first person I thought of.

bigboi_baller 04-05-2009 12:13 AM

Gerald Wallace doesn't care about defense? lol

pete's montreux 04-05-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Gerald Wallace doesn't care about defense? lol

My thoughts exactly.

TrueRob 04-05-2009 12:22 AM

What about Elton Brand?

jaydacris 04-05-2009 12:23 AM

kmart/mcdyess hybrid

KB8tHeGrEaT 04-05-2009 12:32 AM

^^^^ This :applause:

bdreason 04-05-2009 12:37 AM

I always think of Kenyon Martin when I watch him play.

Thunderstruck 04-05-2009 01:53 AM

He's better offensively than K-Mart and McDyess, but not as good defensively. Although I think with 6 fouls to work with in the NBA his defense will be better than expected. He's a smart defender, he just isn't aggressive enough yet. I would compare his offensive skills more to Malone, Kemp or Boozer though. More explosive than Boozer, but not as much as Kemp in his prime, but has better post skills.

OneMoreSucka 04-05-2009 01:58 AM

Stoudemire.

fefe 04-05-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
He's better offensively than K-Mart and McDyess, but not as good defensively. Although I think with 6 fouls to work with in the NBA his defense will be better than expected. He's a smart defender, he just isn't aggressive enough yet. I would compare his offensive skills more to Malone, Kemp or Boozer though. More explosive than Boozer, but not as much as Kemp in his prime, but has better post skills.

He is not better offensively than McDyess...
Prime McDyess was a force inside, had nice footwork, and also a great midrange game.

K-Mart is the right comparison.
I don't beleive Griffin will be able to maintain his phisical dominance in the NBA.
I don't expect him to be a 20 point per game scorer in the league anytime soon. He has to improve his game a lot to do that.
I expect him to start his carrier as K-Mart did. If Griffin can stay injury free, he can become better.