Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   please rate my team... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12736)

kritik 10-05-2006 12:42 AM

please rate my team...

head to head. 12 team. 13 players

felton
josh smith
gerard wallace
marion
okur
nocioni
perkins
david west
turkoglu
deng
marvin williams
watson
telfair

i'm thinking of replacing duhon with telfair but since the latter will start i have second thoughts

GoDuke 10-05-2006 01:21 AM

if it's a 12 team league there's gotta a be a decent free agent wou could replace Watson... pretty solid team, but you might want to get yourself a decent PG...

Glove_20 10-05-2006 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoDuke
if it's a 12 team league there's gotta a be a decent free agent wou could replace Watson... pretty solid team, but you might want to get yourself a decent PG...

Watson is one of the most underrated PGs in the league

Watson = Alston

You got ur self a big steal with Watson

Overall, your team is alrite...Playoff Team

Tess Squad 10-05-2006 01:33 AM

Giving it a B+.

STLS: A+
AST: A
TOs: A-
BLKS: A-/B+
FG%: B+/B
REBS: B
FT%: B/B- (guess)
PTS: B-
3's: C
Overall Entertainment Value: F

Your squads full of players that are no fun to follow and/or watch. A true stat squad

jrt1584 10-05-2006 01:52 AM

felton
josh smith
gerard wallace
marion
okur
nocioni
perkins
david west
turkoglu
deng
marvin williams
watson
telfair

Who's gonna score besides Marion and Wallace?? And block shots (besides Smith)?? Assists?? After Marion, Wallace, and Smith... I really don't like anyone on your team. Felton should be solid at best, along with Okur. West is alright and Deng will help a little but you've got a lot of guys that you have NO idea what you're gonna get (nocioni, perkins, turkoglu, williams, watson, telfair). You may have a long year ahead of you, unless some of those question marks turn in some pretty decent years. Sorry, just my opinion... Good Luck though

Tess Squad 10-05-2006 02:13 AM

agreed. i was a little generous, especially with PTS and BLKS. He will most likely own TO's because no one on their actual teams wants to pass them the ball. Therefore, FG% and FT% are bound to be above average since no one can shoot if their team don't pass 'em the ball. That works nicely, right? Seriously, though, its a snore fest. This team was picked directly from a Yahoo! chart i assume.

Again, he may win BLKS a few times but I change my grade for BLKS to B-. Is that not the worst front court you've ever seen on a fantasy team, by the way. Again, sorry to trash it, but Perkins/West duo? They are both bench C's in any fantasy league. Perkins has some potential to break out this year, but that only warrants him as a draft pick in large leagues.

He has a bunch of defensive lockdowns that will maybe block a few shots on the outside that turns into a few steals that turns into a few break aways that turn out to be the only FGs they take that game, in 32 minutes played, no less. Most likely one TO there when they dribble off their feet outa bounds one of those times.

Nocioni is a solid pick for a squad this year I'd say. But I just wonder where this guy picked him?

And he will Assist well this year. Nocioni is a very good, headsy player. He is still starting on a roster that got better and deeper which means he becomes less of a scoring option. If he stays playing the same minutes his ASSTS should rise decently. Then Watson, Wallace, Marion, Okur, Felton, and even Telfair this year, are all fantasy +'s for assts.

But I believe its irrepairable. Sorry dude!

jrt1584 10-05-2006 02:23 AM

Overall Entertainment Value: F
Your squads full of players that are no fun to follow and/or watch. A true stat squad

Agreed 100%. You can catch Marion, Wallace, & sometimes Smith on sportscenter, otherwise this is a pretty boring team to follow. And calling this team "a true stat squad" is a little bit of a reach, dont you think?? And i'm really not trying to be mean but this team is just average at best and no fun to watch. On the plus side, not having that many guys that score (or shoot for that matter), you should have no problems winning FG%. :confusedshrug:

kritik 10-05-2006 02:44 AM

well i think it's not that bad. :confusedshrug: thanks for the comments anyway..