Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Knicks sign Mouhamed Sene (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127608)

insidehoops 04-09-2009 02:42 PM

Knicks sign Mouhamed Sene

The New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that free agent center Mouhamed Sene has been signed to a contract. As per club policy, terms of the deal will not be disclosed. Sene, a member of the Albuquerque Thunderbirds, became the 21st Call-Up of the 2008-09 NBA Development League season. Sene, 6-11, 230-pounds, averaged 3.4 points and 1.8 rebounds in five games this season with Oklahoma City before being released by the Thunder on Feb. 19. InsideHoops.com

IlliniFan 04-09-2009 02:44 PM

Re: Knicks sign Mouhamed Sene

I remember when the Sonics wasted a lottery pick on this guy. Pretty sure everyone knew he would be a bust except for the Sonics.

Maniak 04-09-2009 02:46 PM

Alright! Here comes a title for the Knicks! Great signing

ihatetimthomas 04-09-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I remember when the Sonics wasted a lottery pick on this guy. Pretty sure everyone knew he would be a bust except for the Sonics.

He was signed bc of his absurd reach. I know his wingspan was very near 8 feetand he is only 7 foot. Probably hoping he would be some defensive force like Mutombo. Everyone was shoked when he was picked and everyone knoew how raw he was. DIdnt stop the Sonics to waste yet another pick on a wasted big man

IlliniFan 04-09-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
He was signed bc of his absurd reach. I know his wingspan was very near 8 feetand he is only 7 foot. Probably hoping he would be some defensive force like Mutombo. Everyone was shoked when he was picked and everyone knoew how raw he was. DIdnt stop the Sonics to waste yet another pick on a wasted big man

Yeah, these type prospects are usually always taken for some type of crazy physical measurement/athleticism. Looking back at the 2006 draft, it was ridiculously weak, so I guess I understand why they took a chance on him.

nbastatus 04-09-2009 02:59 PM

**** SENE
he's a failure:banghead:

iDunk 04-09-2009 02:59 PM

A really poor sitting on the side of the street with nothing but a penny man's Dikembe Mutumbo.

Thorpesaurous 04-09-2009 03:33 PM

It wasn't just that he had shown almost no pedigree before he was drafted, but the fact that they had just drafted Robert Swift and Johan Petro the two years prior. How many big man projects do you need? It's not like they had no other holes to fill. Even the year before that they drafted Collison I believe.

Anyway, as for the Knicks, I don't think this is a bad roll of the dice at all. In fact, it's these athletic bigs that float all over the league whom I think Dantoni's system is so valuable for. I think it's part of the reason he was persued by ownership, because he seems to be able to pull value beyond what a player can demand in salary from these fringe type guys, and lets you penny pinch down the roster. He's not as good as Wilcox (another athletic big cast off by OKC scooped up by the Knicks), but he's younger. I don't think this is a bad idea for the Knicks. And they need to start getting big guys acclimated on the cheap in case they eventually have to shed David Lee. They have almost no depth up front as it is.

knickballer 04-09-2009 03:42 PM

:applause: Knicks are committed to tanking. Hopefully he gets some minutes

WhySoInsecure? 04-10-2009 02:01 PM

If he can come in and block a shot a game i'd be happy. We have no interior defense.

NY-Knicks 04-11-2009 05:47 AM

he came in and got a DNP, how about that

Da KO King 04-12-2009 12:16 PM

I liked Sene as a late first round pick for the Knicks in 2006. Still can't believe the Sonics grabbed him in the top 10.

Considering how small the deal is it really is there is not much risk to this move.

PistolPete 04-16-2009 01:38 AM

Season's over, why are they signing scrubs?

Maniak 04-16-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Season's over, why are they signing scrubs?

I think its a dedication to Isiah Thomas.