Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Predict your busts and studs for the 2009 draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127619)

Rekindled 04-09-2009 04:08 PM

Predict your busts and studs for the 2009 draft

my prediction

Studs:

Blake Griffin: Dude is athletic as hell, very strong post game. A better amare stoudamire.

Ricky Rubio: There is always a place in the league for a point guard that can pass and defend. Although Rubio cant shoot , he was named DPOY in the euroleague. High BB IQ = low chance of busting.

James Harden: I know he had a horrible tournament, but this guy is very good fundamentally. The next mayo.

Demar DeRozan: Super athletic, ideal size for sg. Future allstar imo.

Al-Farouq Aminu : Kevin Durant clone. Nuff said

Busts:

Jordan Hill: butter hands, turnover prone, low bb iq. All signs of a bust.

Hasheem Thabeet: Cant develope an offensive game in three years, bust.

Gerald Henderson: Nbadraft .net ranks this guy no.8? wtf. Chucker with no bb iq

Johnny Flynn: Too short for nba, not a great passer or shooter.

GiveItToBurrito 04-09-2009 04:14 PM

Re: Predict your busts and studs for the 2009 draft

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
my prediction

Studs:

Blake Griffin: Dude is athletic as hell, very strong post game. A better amare stoudamire.

Ricky Rubio: There is always a place in the league for a point guard that can pass and defend. Although Rubio cant shoot , he was named DPOY in the euroleague. High BB IQ = low chance of busting.

James Harden: I know he had a horrible tournament, but this guy is very good fundamentally. The next mayo.

Busts:

Looks about right, although I think Derozan will take a year or two before he can become anything approaching an impact player. I don't know much about Aminu, too, but is his stroke really that sweet? I feel like he'd be more famous if he was even a poor man's Durant.

mattevans11 04-09-2009 05:11 PM

why dont you guys wait untill they actually gets drafted to decide where they are ranked before getting all bent out of shape, before anything happens.

while we are at it lets tell the busts of the 2010, 2011,2012,2013 drafts....well i hope you get my point

wang4three 04-09-2009 05:22 PM

Find it funny that Gerald Henderson has no basketball IQ and then have Derozan as a stud. Derozan is as raw as they come. As well as Hasheem has steadily raised his offensive production since his freshman year.

I question how much you know about anything.

John Smith 04-09-2009 05:29 PM

Blake = Sean May Part II

BUST!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 04-09-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
my prediction

Studs:

Busts:

Thabeet, Henderson and Flynn bust? F*ck no. Haven't seen Hill play that much

Posterize246 04-09-2009 08:08 PM

Jonny Flynn not a good passer? Henderson no bball IQ? Aminu a Durant clone? Wow.

Only one I'll put down right now is Jordan Hill being a bust (if he's a top 10 pick like projected).

yobore 04-10-2009 10:58 AM

Aminu is nothing like Durant. He is not a good shooter and is most comfortable banging people around. He is a definite project but he might turn into a huge impact player esp. on defense.

One that is an obvious good player in the NBA to me is James Johnson. He's high in a lot of drafts but never gets mentioned. He can do everything on the court and play very good defense. Players like this sometimes slip down because they're not exceptional at anything, but he will be like Caron Butler or Josh Howard.

el gringos 04-14-2009 03:29 PM

Along the lines of the james johnson mention, I think another guy who is really underrated is tyler smith sf/sg from tennessee- if he lasts into the 20's its a great pick- he will step into someones rotation right away and do some of everything

Jrue holiday will be a franchise pg- I think its crazy if he goes much past 10 and many see him in the 20's

Moteinjunas should enter this draft as he is a top 2-4 pick- unless its a buyout issue he's got to enter

The guys I just can't figure what people see so much in are gerald henderson and jordon hill- these are not nba starters and many are calling them top 5 picks? Thankfully earl clark and bj mullins are sliding back to reality from their once top 5 status

eprizzle14 04-14-2009 10:29 PM

Studs- Derozan, Thabeet, Griffin, Clark, Ja. Johnson, Hansborough (top 15 protected)

Busts- Blair, Patterson, Lawal,

Buffalobraves 04-14-2009 10:40 PM

BJ Mullens wont do anything.

I don't think Flynn will be a star but he wont be a bust. He will be one of those guys who is a solid player off the bench for his whole career.

GSW1984 04-14-2009 11:14 PM

Studs- B. Griffin, Greg Monroe, Chase Budinger, James Harden, BJ Mullens, Earl Clark

Busts- Tyler Hansbrough, D. Blair, Dejuan Summers, Jeff Adriens

wang4three 04-14-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSW1984
Busts- Tyler Hansbrough, D. Blair, Dejuan Summers, Jeff Adriens

These guys can't be busts when they're projected to go late first round to second round.

big baller 04-15-2009 12:01 AM

Studs: Hasheem and Aminu

Don't wanna add any others, too lazy :D

WhySoInsecure? 04-15-2009 12:03 AM

Jordan Hill and Ty Lawson will be busts.
I don't understand where the fascination for Hill comes from. He's listed as the #3 pick on both draftexpress and nbadraft but the guy gives off a chris wilcox vibe to me. He's an athletic 22 year old that couldn't get his team anywhere. His IQ is questionable and he'll struggle to get his shot off.

I've always hated Lawsons game, he's a barbosa with short arms and a weak jumpshot. Good going up and down but i doubt he can run an offense.

Evans won't really be a bust but the guy won't be someone you want on your team.

I think Gerald Henderson can come in and be a solid contributor on most teams. He won't shock anyone with his numbers but he'll be a great 3rd or 4th option. Smart player with a pretty jumpshot and some athleticism. A poor mans Michael Finley sounds about right.

Sam young will also be a contributor.