Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Flynn signing an agent; entering draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128235)

Posterize246 04-14-2009 01:20 PM

Flynn signing an agent; entering draft

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...ign-with-agent
Quote:

Syracuse point guard Jonny Flynn will sign with an agent, a newspaper reported Monday.

Flynn, a 6-foot sophomore, said last week that he planned to enter his name in the NBA draft but had not yet hired an agent. However, The Post-Standard in Syracuse reported Flynn is expected to sign with Leon Rose, the agent for NBA star LeBron James.

Attempts to reach Flynn, his family and Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim were unsuccessful.

Flynn averaged 17.4 points and 6.7 assists per game as a sophomore. He set a school record by playing 1,418 minutes in the just-concluded season.

If he does not sign with an agent, Flynn would retain the ability to remove his name from the draft by June 15.

eprizzle14 04-14-2009 01:31 PM

Re: Flynn signing an agent; entering draft

I'm not very high on fylnn. I think he's a bad decision maker and wont be able to finish in the nbA or consistantly hit the three ball, but there is always room for improvement.

Kebab Stall 04-14-2009 01:32 PM

From what I read, he was planning on just testing the waters. If he wasn't seen as a lottery pick, then he'd return.

Am I correct in saying, that if he hires an agent, he cannot return to college?

Posterize246 04-14-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
From what I read, he was planning on just testing the waters. If he wasn't seen as a lottery pick, then he'd return.

Am I correct in saying, that if he hires an agent, he cannot return to college?

You are correct sir.

Jinxed 04-14-2009 02:41 PM

Boeheim sucks at keeping players.

As a Cuse fan I'm angry.

wang4three 04-14-2009 03:46 PM

Good for Flynn. I'd love him on the Nets if we can't get Monroe or Clark.

Buffalobraves 04-14-2009 03:47 PM

Good for him, I'm a big Cuse fan but I can't be angry about that. Harris and Devendorf are idiots for even testing the draft, neither of them would come close to getting drafted.

I'll be getting that jersey the day it comes out.

Heres to hoping he somehow gets to the Thunder or the Cavs :cheers:

UConnCeltics 04-14-2009 03:47 PM

Syracuse went from Final Four favorite to middle of the pack in the Big East at best.

Buffalobraves 04-14-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Syracuse went from Final Four favorite to middle of the pack in the Big East at best.

True, we don't have any great recruits coming in either :ohwell:

jc23 04-14-2009 04:01 PM

Damn, I was looking forward to Cuse probably being in the final four. Hope the Raptors get him:cheers:

Posterize246 04-14-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

CHICAGO -- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim says Big East tournament MVP Jonny Flynn might not be headed to the NBA along with teammates Eric Devendorf and Paul Harris.

Boeheim said Flynn's status is "kind of up in the air."

Last week the school announced that all three players planned to make themselves eligible for the draft.

The coach said Devendorf and Harris are virtual locks to leave, but Flynn might still opt to come back to school.

Flynn led the team in scoring at 17.4 points per game and set an Orange record by playing 1,418 minutes in his sophomore year. After two seasons, he ranks seventh in career assists (439) at Syracuse.

He indicated he will not hire an agent, giving him the option to return to school.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=4068981

This back and forth **** with Flynn is getting old.

Kebab Stall 04-15-2009 04:19 AM

I just read this on draftexpress.....

Quote:

Agent Hirings

-Arizona State junior James Harden will sign with Rob Pelinka of Landmark Sports Agency
-Florida State junior Toney Douglas will sign with David Falk
-Marquette senior Jerel McNeal has signed with Doug Neustadt of The Neustadt Group
-Syracuse sophomore Jonny Flynn has signed with Leon Rose of CAA
-Temple senior Dionte Christmas has signed with Andre Buck of CAA
-Marquette senior Wes Matthews and N.C. State junior Brandon Costner have signed with Octagon

Thorpesaurous 04-15-2009 09:42 AM

He's a real Tempo changer, and a great finisher. He's a guy whose success will have a lot to do with situation. He's not unlike TJ Ford, but should be a lot more durable, and he's already close as a shooter. There's some Ray Felton in there too, but Flynn is a much better finisher, which I think hurts Felton at this level.

wang4three 04-15-2009 09:59 AM

Toney Douglass is not staying for his senior year? That's a shame.

Posterize246 04-15-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I just read this on draftexpress.....

Thanks. I know Andre Buck. He graduated with my dad in high school and they were friends and I got to work at his basketball camp for 2 summers. He also represents guys like Aaron Brooks, Jason Thompson, and Renaldo Balkman. Mark Tyndale signed with him last year so that's how he got Dionte. He's from south Jersey so he's got the Philly connection.