Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What can we do to make the world a better place? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128641)

JEFFERSON MONEY 04-17-2009 11:26 AM

What can we do to make the world a better place?

I'm not talkin' environmentally, because that sh!ts been habitual.

Recycling, Low Water Usage, Bicycle/Pedestrian Movement over Car in short distances etc. already established by Yourz Truly'z family.

I'm talkin' about puttin a smile to geyzers phaces. Risin the optimism in this cold, dark world without sky-rocketing to a state of complacency. Teaching a kid a sport or a trade. Charity.

What actions can we do to benefit mankind and eventually create our respective legacies before our only companions become maggots and grass roots.

wTFaMonkey 04-17-2009 11:28 AM

Re: What can we do to make the world a better place?

nothing. we are all doomed!!!!

SoCalMike 04-17-2009 11:31 AM

This is what I am doing... volunteering for those in need.

Example: Big Sunday is Coming Up

Hopefully it makes a difference the way you describe above.

:pimp:

lilmarcgasol 04-17-2009 11:33 AM

recycling actually doesn't help the world, we have all this recycled paper for example, but that ruined the paper market, so no one wants to buy the recycled paper and so most of it gets sent to a landfill in china. That is just one of many examples where recycling actually hurts the environment more than it helps.

We just need more love, son. WHERE'S THE LOVE GODDAMN

The Magic Man 04-17-2009 11:38 AM

Eliminate ISH. I hate to say it, but, seriously. I lose a fair amount of brain cells everytime I read something with BruceBlitz or OldSchoolBBall's name on it. Those lost brain cells could've gone towards me planting trees or cooking goulash for the poor. Instead I just want to bash someone's head open with my laptop.

Waking_Life 04-17-2009 11:51 AM

Everyone needs to create art - [It is the only way to refine the diluted disaster that is mankind]

Suprageex 04-17-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Eliminate ISH. I hate to say it, but, seriously. I lose a fair amount of brain cells everytime I read something with BruceBlitz or OldSchoolBBall's name on it. Those lost brain cells could've gone towards me planting trees or cooking goulash for the poor. Instead I just want to bash someone's head open with my laptop.

wow, you've lost so many braincells that you forgot Warehouse:lol

on topic; I don't know. If everybody could be a bit warmer and more friendly to each other many people would have a better life

Waking_Life 04-17-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprageex
wow, you've lost so many braincells that you forgot Warehouse:lol

im sure your name was also next to be, in the list...:D

im in numba six.. still searching for the ultimate horrid persona....

Manute for Ever! 04-17-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waking_Life
Everyone needs to create art - [It is the only way to refine the diluted disaster that is mankind]

I like :applause:

Hawker 04-17-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waking_Life

Explain. I see attempting to create art as pretty much useless outside of the use of entertainment and hobbies. Plus, art really is a, "you have it or you dont" quality.

RainierBeachPoet 04-17-2009 12:57 PM

look through your address book,

pick an old friend that you havent communcated with for a while

call him/her up and catch up

or better yet---

send a card/letter through the regular mail

surprises like that really make an impression on folks-- and it might renew an old friendship

Waking_Life 04-17-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawker
Explain.

Art is breathing for the soul. Self expression is the best way for a person to come to understand himself and how that self truely connects with others.

Quote:

I see attempting to create art as pretty much useless outside of the use of entertainment and hobbies.

The reason that you see art as useless is because of the lack of vision that you place in creating something outside of yourself. Art comes in many forms.. if ever you have attempted to 'create' something of worth, that is long lasting, you have been an artist without having realized it.

Our culture has made us think of art as merely a form of entertainment or a way to consume time that is left over.

If we come to see art as a way of learning about humanity, and who we are as a person.. we will come to see that artistic avenues are worth more than the projected 'moment of amusement'.

You can look at the history of the world to realize that we dont value art, as we once did as a collective people.

Quote:

Plus, art really is a, "you have it or you dont" quality.

You are wrong in that estimation. Yes, to some, certain forms of art are easy to produce or to understand, and usually it is those that reap fruit from creating and experiencing art.

The problem is that we live in a society that is very lazy when it comes to artistry... so if the concept does not arrive easily... we always seek to look at it as a non worthy effort, or at least we look at it that way when its artistic mediums...

Those who dont 'have it' just have to work harder at producing it.. yet is it not that way with most things that we do? Some aspects of life come easier to some people, and for the rest of us.. we just simply have to work harder at attaining the same results...

Most things having to do with art, is having an open mind about things that you are not familiar with. That is something that we, as 'creatures of habit', have a hard time doing...

Showtime 04-17-2009 07:17 PM

The best thing people can do is stop procreating.

Killbot 04-17-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime

+1

Waking_Life 04-17-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime

I very much agree with this also...

For me, so far - so good.. enough people out there are having kiddos.. Ill leave it to them..

Im not the most mature person out there and I like to do what I want, when I want.. so according to those two factors, I really dont want to have little humans to take care of...