Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Signing Marion During Offseason? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128749)

Domingo84 04-18-2009 12:02 PM

Signing Marion During Offseason?

I always been a huge Marion fan and I always thought the Suns should of kept him but, we got better inside with Shaq and rebounding! But, Marion was our best perimeter defender! He is now a free agent and the Suns should really try to resign him but, not if he's asking for max money! He was a beast out here and we need a great perimeter defender and he gets boards and run the floor! I would try to sign him for a 1 year deal and give a contract extension after that year. Would anyone like to see Matrix back in Phx?

POSSIBLE LINE UP!

Shaq
Amare
Marion
Jrich
Nash

Bench:

LB
HILL
LOPEZ
DRAGIC
DUDLEY
AMUNDSON
BARNES(MAYBE)

Maniak 04-18-2009 12:24 PM

Re: Signing Marion During Offseason?

I heard him on an interview and he said "I need to be caring about myself right now and asking for the big money"

He was being very obnoxious like that, saying he doesnt want to take a paycut or anything.

And we need to rebuild, getting Marion doesnt help that.

ThyGreatOne 04-18-2009 04:19 PM

for real i think MARION is a great player, but for some reason he has it in his head that he is worth the kinda money Kobe makes, LeBron, CP3, KG, Duncan all the stars you name it, and he is dead wrong, all the guys mentioned create for themselves and others, they play offense and defense, they are go to guys, Marion is not a go to guy, he cant create for himself and he damn sure cant put the ball on the floor, he has an ego and chip on his shoulder that i don't understand. he is always crying about money and time in the lime light, and the truth is as underrated as he is, he still aint in the top 20 of current NBA players. he needs to check his ego and get off the I, ME, MYSELF mentality that Iverson is on, i never see AI or Marion talk bout the team its always me, i, myself, I CANT COME OFF THE BENCH, I CANT PRACTICE, I NEED MAX MONEY, I AM UNAPPRECIATED, c'mon!! shut up and play!!

funny thing is Jordan, Bird, Magic, any real "legend" of the game never wasted time telling everyone how GOOD they were or how THEY were the man, they let their PLAY do all the talking, they let the WINNING and the TITLES do all their talking.

MARION can talk all the me, myself, and I he wants, bottom line, who has the rings?! you have to EARN the right to talk the kinda chit he has been talking the last few years!!

joni 04-20-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
for real i think MARION is a great player, but for some reason he has it in his head that he is worth the kinda money Kobe makes, LeBron, CP3, KG, Duncan all the stars you name it, and he is dead wrong, all the guys mentioned create for themselves and others, they play offense and defense, they are go to guys, Marion is not a go to guy, he cant create for himself and he damn sure cant put the ball on the floor, he has an ego and chip on his shoulder that i don't understand. he is always crying about money and time in the lime light, and the truth is as underrated as he is, he still aint in the top 20 of current NBA players. he needs to check his ego and get off the I, ME, MYSELF mentality that Iverson is on, i never see AI or Marion talk bout the team its always me, i, myself, I CANT COME OFF THE BENCH, I CANT PRACTICE, I NEED MAX MONEY, I AM UNAPPRECIATED, c'mon!! shut up and play!!

funny thing is Jordan, Bird, Magic, any real "legend" of the game never wasted time telling everyone how GOOD they were or how THEY were the man, they let their PLAY do all the talking, they let the WINNING and the TITLES do all their talking.

MARION can talk all the me, myself, and I he wants, bottom line, who has the rings?! you have to EARN the right to talk the kinda chit he has been talking the last few years!!

The Suns current roster includes two players whose "I, ME MYSELF mentality" far surpasses Marion's. His complaints here were about lack of appreciation--not about money, and he never *****ed about practice (nice bit of fiction there). During his time here he never dogged it--played harder and more minutes than anyone and sat out something like 13 games in 8 years.

If I were Marion I'd take less money anywhere BUT Phoenix--the Suns wouldn't be able to come up with a 'stimulus package' big enough to make me even think about coming back to this train wreck.

ThyGreatOne 04-20-2009 04:32 PM

my bad, i still said he was a great player here but THINKS he is worth more then he is, and what is this appreciating thing?! i remember him crying about that too, he was an ALL STAR out here, since he went to MIA and TOR i aint heard chit about him... he needed to keep his mouth shut, and play ball...

i bet he returns west, possibly takes less to play with a contender, LA, Denver, Spurs (to pi$$ off the suns fans) for real i think he returns west!!

Rose 05-01-2009 10:50 PM

I think it would be kind of funny if the Suns did resign him. Even though it couldn't happen, it would just be hilarious because they'd have the two good players from the deal.