Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   HOMER Prediction Yi Jilian will win MIP Next Year (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129245)

Dasher 04-22-2009 05:08 PM

HOMER Prediction Yi Jilian will win MIP Next Year

He will have a Andrea Bargnani like rise in productivity.

wang4three 04-22-2009 05:23 PM

Re: HOMER Prediction Yi Jilian will win MIP Next Year

Stranger things have happened. I just hope he works out in the US with our trainers and teammates.

Nets fan 93 04-22-2009 07:57 PM

I doubt it :(

MTing 04-22-2009 09:23 PM

I hope your right.

gigantes 04-22-2009 11:34 PM

how much time is he going to have to work out properly when he has to spend most of his summer going back to china and going through the motions for their sad-sack team?

wang4three 04-23-2009 01:14 AM

Actually, what I would prefer is if we packaged Keyon Dooling for Kosta Koufos and start him at the 4 with Yi off the bench. I think Kosta has a great inside-outside game that would work with Brook and he's physical too.

For the Jazz, they get an actual back up for Deron instead of the horrible, horrible, Brevin Knight and Ronnier Price. I'm not exactly sure how much they are committed to developing Koufos.

I understand this should've been a thread of its own, but I don't like making trade threads.

Rockbttm88 04-23-2009 04:22 PM

I just dont see it. He got plenty of minutes this season and never really looked comfortable on the court. If he works hard this off-season, he could be a valuable asset coming off the bench though.

Lopez, on the other hand, is going to explode next year :rockon:

iDunk 04-25-2009 10:15 AM

Never.

Kiddlovesnets 05-05-2009 02:03 AM

Let's keep dreaming. I'd be less surprised if Brook Lopez turns into a 20/10 guy next season than Yi winning MIP...

It's A VC3!!! 05-06-2009 06:26 PM

I would like Yi to be traded b4 next season begins. But he can be a good player, he just needs to work on low post moves, and 20 foot jumpers. But he needs to have confidence and a lot more strength to do that.

catzhernandez 05-06-2009 06:50 PM

Never.

JerzeyBlaze 05-07-2009 07:49 AM

I was reading up on YI...i never liked him that much and p'd off about the Jefferson deal, but now i think that YI could be a good player. He's coming into his 3rd season now. I think if he works out hard and trys to develop he could be our Yao Ming...

ZHAKIDD532 05-10-2009 09:22 AM

Well he was close to the worst in the game. He doesn't have to be as good as any of the other candidates to win. That's a plus.