Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Raymond Felton? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131099)

Kellster 05-08-2009 10:17 PM

Raymond Felton?

What do you guys think about not resigning Bibby and picking up Felton? He's got a lot of upside and we all know Bibby won't play much defense and he's getting older.

Continuing on the PG discussion, since Woody doesn't seem to want to develop Acie, I wouldn't mind seeing him packaged in a trade for a center.

Thoughts?

idizzle 05-09-2009 11:31 AM

Re: Raymond Felton?

I think he would actually be a good pick up for the Hawks if Mike Bibby was to leave. Acie Law has just been somewhat of a bust and Speedy Claxton will probably be out the door with the season is over. I have been hearing and reading that the Hawks could take Eric Maynor the PG from VCU of BJ Mullen the center from Ohio State, but I think Felton would be good for the Hawks.

Kellster 05-09-2009 10:45 PM

After watching this series, its becoming very clear to me that we can't resign Bibby. He's just too much of a defensive liability. Sund needs to make a move for Felton. We can afford him.

liverpooty 05-10-2009 08:51 AM

Charlotte will match any offer from a team trying to pry him away from Charlotte as he is just a restricted FA. Unless a team tries to overpay drastically for him of course, and then whatever team does that can have him, and his 39% shooting.

Kellster 05-10-2009 05:26 PM

That's true. But I don't know if there's a better free agent point guard. I think this team needs to be shaken up some. While being one of the youngest teams in the league has its advantages, we need to add some maturity and experience to the team.

AI3Anthony 06-19-2009 01:16 AM

I would love Felton. I'm almost positive Charlotte would match any offer though.

Perfect scenerio would be to sign Raymond Felton and Marvin Williams. Sadly let Bibby go. Draft Ty Lawson or Johnny Flynn with the 19th pick and draft a Big with the 2nd round pick. Then possibly bring David Anderson from overseas.

PG-Raymond Felton
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Marvin Williams
PF-Josh Smith
C-Al Horford

Bench- Flip, Evans, Pachulia, Ty or Johnny. God this would be nice.

idizzle 06-19-2009 10:22 AM

I still love the idea of the Hawks getting Raymond Felton, but from what I have read and heard its likely the Bobcats will keep Felton. I have been hearing and reading the Hawks are looking at Raymon Session from the Bucks. Sessions can really fill it up scoring and he is a excellent passer. This dude put up some crazy numbers as a rookie year and he had a game where he 20pts or 22pts and 24ast. He kind of reminds me of Chauncey Billups. He would probably be cheaper than Felton.