Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gerald Henderson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131176)

STelfair31 05-09-2009 04:07 PM

Gerald Henderson

how do you see Gerald Henderson fitting in the league, if at all??

He's pretty athletic and has a nice shot.

How do you all see Gerald Henderson?

eprizzle14 05-09-2009 08:47 PM

Re: Gerald Henderson

I like Henderson's game a lot. I like the way he can get a quality midrange shot most times you give him the ball. Tell me sometimes he doesnt do some stuff that looks like Kobe. No I'm not calling him Kobe because his handle, overall feel for the game, vision and 3pt shot arent GREAT there not bad and this guy can run and jump with the best of them. Fringe Starter IMO it's going to hurt if he measures under 6'4.

STelfair31 05-09-2009 09:11 PM

projected pick?

Mr_Basketball#1 05-09-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eprizzle14
I like Henderson's game a lot. I like the way he can get a quality midrange shot most times you give him the ball. Tell me sometimes he doesnt do some stuff that looks like Kobe. No I'm not calling him Kobe because his handle, overall feel for the game, vision and 3pt shot arent GREAT there not bad and this guy can run and jump with the best of them. Fringe Starter IMO it's going to hurt if he measures under 6'4.

Finally someone agrees with me. I said the same thing. He definitely has a little bit of Kobe in him. I think he could be a solid #2 option. The T'Wolves don't really need another SG with Foye but he'd look damn good next to Big Al.

Posterize246 05-09-2009 09:50 PM

All I know is they need to get his dad off the Sixers post-game show. He calls Reggie Evans "Reggie Williams" and we also have a Andre Iguodollar, Samuel Dalembarr, and Andre Milla.

Gerald Jr.'s a starter in the league. I don't know of a real comparison for him but I do see the little bit of Kobe-ness. Just a little. I usually like coach's sons/former player's sons who have real NBA potential because they come into the league with a higher basketball IQ. Less prone to rookie mistakes.

dak121 05-09-2009 09:59 PM

He's Tony Allen unless he gets a more consistent jumpshot.

monthh 05-09-2009 10:51 PM

I did think he would be a little like Vince, but I don't know if he will be that type of scorer anymore. I do think he will be a 5-10 year starter at least, maybe a #2 (18-22ppg) scorer at best. I think his shot will come with some work, and he will be able to get to the basket at the NBA level. As for as his draft stock, I think in this draft he deserves to be top 10 for sure, but I do think DeRozan, Harden, and maybe Evans could knock him out of the lottery.

I think he would be a great fit with Bosh in Toronto, Detroit to replace RIP, and even the Nets to join Harris and Carter.

el gringos 05-10-2009 12:50 AM

I can't understand what makes people think this guy is an nba star or even starter- will not go top 10 and if your team does get him don't expect much- not a shooter not a dribbler or a passer and he is very small with no point gaurd skills at all-

Grinder 05-10-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
I can't understand what makes people think this guy is an nba star or even starter- will not go top 10 and if your team does get him don't expect much- not a shooter not a dribbler or a passer and he is very small with no point gaurd skills at all-

Good defender, he's actually a pretty good passer, good mid range game, and ability to finish in transition...that's what he's already got to offer at the NBA level. People are really underestimating this guy, he's the most NBA ready 2 in this draft after Harden.

Bonez 05-10-2009 02:34 PM

bust...

Go Getter 05-13-2009 04:53 AM

he'll keep a roster spot and that's it.

There are only three legit SG prospects in this draft which helps him.

Thorpesaurous 05-13-2009 12:21 PM

Because of his pull up game, I think he's got a special element, because he can get shots off against even really good D. But it's not something he's good enough to get called on to do a lot.

Because of what he brings defensively, he reminds me of a young Raja Bell. He won't make any all star teams, but he could be a starter on a contending type team for a pretty long stretch in my eyes.

wang4three 05-13-2009 01:41 PM

I really, really like Gerald Henderson. I think he'll be a good player on the next level. I think he has the potential to be at best, a borderline All Star like Eddie Jones or Michael Finley.

For those who mentioned a mini-Kobe, he did go to Lower Merion.

Posterize246 05-13-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
I really, really like Gerald Henderson. I think he'll be a good player on the next level. I think he has the potential to be at best, a borderline All Star like Eddie Jones or Michael Finley.

For those who mentioned a mini-Kobe, he did go to Lower Merion.

Nah Henderson went to Episcopal Academy with Wayne Ellington

wang4three 05-13-2009 01:54 PM

I stand corrected, I must have inferred too much cause his highschool is located at Lower Merion, PA.