Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131371)

bagelred 05-11-2009 09:20 AM

Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Quote:

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/5605

A rumor that has been gaining steam is that the Knicks will select Stephen Curry with their 8th pick. We've received word that there could be truth to this from inside sources claiming that Curry chose to put his name into the draft this year based on the Knicks assuring Curry that they would use their lottery selection to draft him.


What? Who did you think I meant?

wang4three 05-11-2009 09:34 AM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
That may be good for him, D'Antoni is the ultimate guard conscious coach.

smith 05-11-2009 09:37 AM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Hehe, you got me.

Toizumi 05-11-2009 10:38 AM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smith
Hehe, you got me.


:oldlol: me 2

NuggetsFan 05-11-2009 11:00 AM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Probably the best situation for him. I think he'd be pretty good in that system.

mattevans11 05-11-2009 12:17 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smith
Hehe, you got me.



+ 1:roll:

fatboy11 05-11-2009 01:28 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
I'm not crazy about him in the NBA. In any system.

indiefan23 05-11-2009 01:38 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
I'm not crazy about him in the NBA. In any system.


How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.

fatboy11 05-11-2009 01:42 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiefan23
How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.

Yeah, sure, he could be that. He could also be like any number of the other college scorer/shooter types that don't pan out. Right? That's just as likely a possibility as what you mentioned.

I just don't get a good feeling about him. Could I be wrong? Of course. But so could you so let's not act like he's some kind of slam dunk. Especially when we're talking about the 8th pick in the draft.

Styles p 05-11-2009 01:58 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
loll i thought this was gonna be about eddy.

StroShow4 05-11-2009 02:01 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Hah, you got me. :oldlol:

indiefan23 05-11-2009 02:02 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
Yeah, sure, he could be that. He could also be like any number of the other college scorer/shooter types that don't pan out. Right? That's just as likely a possibility as what you mentioned.

I just don't get a good feeling about him. Could I be wrong? Of course. But so could you so let's not act like he's some kind of slam dunk. Especially when we're talking about the 8th pick in the draft.


I dunno, of course he could bust. But I'm not really sure how. I do kind of think he's a slam dunk. Lots and lots of guards in the NBA make a career shooting off screens 'n since he's more or less perfect at working screens for shots I dunno why he wouldn't be able to do that in the NBA. Thats just my honest opinion?

Which players are you thinking of who couldn't play in the big league?

InspiredLebowski 05-11-2009 02:07 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
What up with Danilo, he gonna be healthy next year?

fatboy11 05-11-2009 02:12 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiefan23
I dunno, of course he could bust. But I'm not really sure how. I do kind of think he's a slam dunk. Lots and lots of guards in the NBA make a career shooting off screens 'n since he's more or less perfect at working screens for shots I dunno why he wouldn't be able to do that in the NBA. Thats just my honest opinion?

Which players are you thinking of who couldn't play in the big league?

Bryce Drew, Trajan Langdon and Luke Jackson immediately come to mind.

But make no mistake, when I say that guy might not "pan out", I'm not necessarily saying the guy won't have a career in the NBA, maybe even a long one. "Pan out" usually means that a guy comes with a certian amount of hype or high regard and that regard/hype translates accordingly to the next level. That's where I see the problem with Curry. I don't think he'll be as good as a lot of people think he'll be in the NBA.

But like you said, he's a shooter and that's a valuable assest. That only could earn him a long career.

Dresta 05-11-2009 02:18 PM

Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"
 
He'd be awesome in D'Antoni's system.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy