Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131918)

insidehoops 05-16-2009 06:38 AM

NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
The Orange County Register reports (via blog): Kobe Bryant got a break from the NBA on Friday when league officials rescinded the technical foul he was assessed in the second quarter of Thursday’s loss against the Houston Rockets. The Lakers had petitioned the league, according to Phil Jackson. Rockets guard Ron Artest and Bryant collided near the top of the arc as the Lakers star was attempting to slip by Artest without the ball shortly before halftime. Artest was called for a foul, while Bryant was hit with his fifth technical foul of the playoffs, bringing him to within two of being suspended for one game.

YAWN 05-16-2009 06:41 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
The Orange County Register reports (via blog): Kobe Bryant got a break from the NBA on Friday when league officials rescinded the technical foul he was assessed in the second quarter of Thursday’s loss against the Houston Rockets. The Lakers had petitioned the league, according to Phil Jackson. Rockets guard Ron Artest and Bryant collided near the top of the arc as the Lakers star was attempting to slip by Artest without the ball shortly before halftime. Artest was called for a foul, while Bryant was hit with his fifth technical foul of the playoffs, bringing him to within two of being suspended for one game.


Im not sure i would call it a break as much as i would call it, the NBA admitted the refs made another mistake..

CelticForce1349 05-16-2009 06:45 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
More favoritism and "good fortune" for Kobe. Wow, what a big surprise.

oh the horror 05-16-2009 06:46 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
More favoritism and "good fortune" for Kobe. Wow, what a big surprise.



OH PLEEEEEASE. That has happened to a NUMBER of players thus far in the playoffs, dont act like its JUST Kobe.

halffttime 05-16-2009 06:48 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
i guess it's the right thing to do.. what about artest' second ejection? where's the justice?

RoseCity07 05-16-2009 06:53 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
proof the league doesn't show favoritism. We all know the league would do the same thing for Ron Artest.

What's even more funny is that Laker fans find a way to see this as fair. Pathetic.

Sriracha 05-16-2009 06:57 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oh the horror
OH PLEEEEEASE. That has happened to a NUMBER of players thus far in the playoffs, dont act like its JUST Kobe.


No dude, only a select player get special treatment and Kobe is one of them. I thought to myself "No freaking way" when I read the thread title, it was a freaking technical and they rescinded...whats next a personal foul.

oh the horror 05-16-2009 07:02 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseCity07
proof the league doesn't show favoritism. We all know the league would do the same thing for Ron Artest.

What's even more funny is that Laker fans find a way to see this as fair. Pathetic.



No, whats even funnier is the fact that Laker haters find a way to consistantly talk sh*t in sweeping generalizations.


I never defended the Lakers before...I didnt care enough, but ive just about had it with the BS that goes on around here. Its becomming a lop sided sh*t flinging affair around here.

ZeN 05-16-2009 07:04 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Im gonna post this everywhere: The Lakers are gonna win game seven and advance... game over....

oh the horror 05-16-2009 07:06 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sriracha
No dude, only a select player get special treatment and Kobe is one of them. I thought to myself "No freaking way" when I read the thread title, it was a freaking technical and they rescinded...whats next a personal foul.



Right, and he was handed a flagrant for another foul before.


Artest also had a foul taken away before. So how is it SOLELY just SPECIAL treatment?


The SIMPLE FACT THAT SHOULD BE DISCUSSED HERE is the fact that the officials KEEP recinding fouls or handing them out AFTER the fact.



But NOPE NOPE NOPE....This is going to turn into yet another whiney complaining thread because, YEP...YOU GUESSED IT FOLKS, ITS KOBE BRYANT.

Manute for Ever! 05-16-2009 07:09 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oh the horror
No, whats even funnier is the fact that Laker haters find a way to consistantly talk sh*t in sweeping generalizations.


I never defended the Lakers before...I didnt care enough, but ive just about had it with the BS that goes on around here. Its becomming a lop sided sh*t flinging affair around here.



oh the horror 05-16-2009 07:11 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Is that supposed to like, make me feel bad or something?

Manute for Ever! 05-16-2009 07:15 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oh the horror
Is that supposed to like, make me feel bad or something?


It's because the league gives the Lakers a break (which I don't believe was a bad decision, it was a BS technical) and you are still *****ing and whining in two threads about how the Lakers and their fans get treated like ****.
:banghead:

Bodhi 05-16-2009 08:09 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Oh come on. Everyone knew that the league was going to rescind the technical foul as soon as they saw the replay. JVG and Mark Jackson spent several minutes talking about how bad of a call it was.

The Lakers aren't getting special treatment and everyone who actually watched the game knows that.

monkeypox 05-16-2009 08:14 AM

Re: NBA rescinds technical foul on Kobe Bryant from Game 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
It's because the league gives the Lakers a break (which I don't believe was a bad decision, it was a BS technical) and you are still *****ing and whining in two threads about how the Lakers and their fans get treated like ****.
:banghead:



With all the crying in this thread that was the only one worth pointing out? Lol, if you take a shower after you go to the beach you wouldn't be left with so much sand in your ******.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy