Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Brandon Jennings (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132555)

went_worth 05-21-2009 07:17 AM

Brandon Jennings

Where do you see him playing at? or what team would you want him to play for?

How do you think he'll gonna fare in the NBA?

Interminator 05-21-2009 10:51 AM

Re: Brandon Jennings

Quote:

Originally Posted by went_worth
Where do you see him playing at?

Sacramento
Minnesota
Golden State
New York

Quote:

or what team would you want him to play for?
Golden State

Quote:

How do you think he'll gonna fare in the NBA?
He's going to be very good, hes athletic and he can give you some youtube moments on the court but can score in a variety of ways but will need to improve his 3 pt shooting.

Best Case Scenario:Cross between Kenny Anderson & Stephon Marbury
Worst Case Scenario:Sebastian Telfair

GiveItToBurrito 05-25-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
Sacramento
Minnesota
Golden State
New York

Golden State

He's going to be very good, hes athletic and he can give you some youtube moments on the court but can score in a variety of ways but will need to improve his 3 pt shooting.

Best Case Scenario:Cross between Kenny Anderson & Stephon Marbury
Worst Case Scenario:Sebastian Telfair

Basically took the words right out of my mouth. I see a lot of Steve Francis in him, too, and I could see him having a similar career. Europe seems to have helped him grow up a bit, although hopefully it didn't dampen his swagger too much.

takeittothehoop 05-25-2009 03:05 AM

I'd take him in Golden State. I think if he had of gone to college here he would have been one of the top 3 picks perhaps but he chose to go for the money oversees and I don't blame him. He'll still end up a lottery pick after an average season in Europe.

InspiredLebowski 05-25-2009 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
although hopefully it didn't dampen his swagger too much.

Doesn't seem like he did, if bjennings3 is his real twitter account anyway. During the lotto he twittered something like "the nba draft is all about getting that 2nd contract! show your stuff for 3 years then get paid!!"

lukeridnour08 05-25-2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
I'd take him in Golden State. I think if he had of gone to college here he would have been one of the top 3 picks perhaps but he chose to go for the money oversees and I don't blame him. He'll still end up a lottery pick after an average season in Europe.

He didnt really chose to go overseas, he just couldnt pass his entrance exam into UA so they wouldnt let him in

takeittothehoop 05-25-2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
He didnt really chose to go overseas, he just couldnt pass his entrance exam into UA so they wouldnt let him in

Couldn't he of gone to a different school and got in though or does he have serious academic problems?

Interminator 05-25-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukeridnour08

He didnt try to go to college, usually most recruits will work their ass off for the final 2 quarters of HS to get eligible for college but he chose not to after Sonny Vaccaro got in his ear.

I probably would go his route also, He has a big endorsement deal with Under Armour and his Official Shoe will be coming soon.

Interminator 05-25-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Doesn't seem like he did, if bjennings3 is his real twitter account anyway. During the lotto he twittered something like "the nba draft is all about getting that 2nd contract! show your stuff for 3 years then get paid!!"

:oldlol:
Brandon's nickname is Young Money.

His swagger,his style of play,etc has basically made him LA's verson of a young Stephon Marbury.

vittor14 06-08-2009 06:33 AM

we spect more of brandon jennings....
not very good numbers....
he have to play better if he want play in NBA next year....

InspiredLebowski 06-08-2009 06:53 AM

I've seen nowhere near enough of him to say he'll be anything more than a very exciting player who'll put a few butts in seats. No clue if he'll be a capable starting 1. But his career development is going to be one of the more interesting storylines over the next few seasons for me. If he'd been eligible at Zona his stock'd be much higher, not just because of the much easier access to his game for scouts and the average fan, but because the talent level of the competition is DRASTICALLY lower.

I can't decide if I like his cockiness or not. How many coddled high school kids can you expect to play in a high quality pro league, with spotty minutes, playing out of position (from what I've been told)? Remember Saras's NBA experiment, at what, 28 years old? Imagine trying the same thing a decade younger.