Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   so we got the 6th pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132556)

twolvesfan 05-21-2009 07:20 AM

so we got the 6th pick

was a unlucky draft for us, who do you think we will take?

KKittles30 05-21-2009 11:56 AM

Re: so we got the 6th pick

I say we trade the #6 pick Love and Miller to Memphis for #2 AND WARRICK..

Then it would be

T'WOLVES

C THABEET
PF JEFFERSON/SMITH
SF WARRICK/GOMES
SG FOYE /CARNEY
PG TELFAIR

GRIZZLIES

C GASOL
PF LOVE
SF GAY/MILLER
SG MAYO/DEROZAN
PG CONLEY JR.

SOLVES EACH TEAMS PROBLEMS

JellyBean 05-25-2009 06:52 PM

Well, we have three picks in the first round and our biggest problem is at the PG spot, so I would pick Rick Rubio, if he is still out there. If not him, Eric Maynor (PG), from VCU. With our other two first round picks, I would go after frontcourt help.

InspiredLebowski 05-28-2009 02:00 AM

In interest from Sota fans for trading say #s 18 and 28 to Indy for our 13?

JellyBean 05-28-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
In interest from Sota fans for trading say #s 18 and 28 to Indy for our 13?

Depends. Can we get Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, and the #13 pick?

InspiredLebowski 05-28-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean
Depends. Can we get Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, and the #13 pick?

You can definitely have Dunleavy and 13 for Miller, 18, and 28. No Rush.

Big Al All day 05-28-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
You can definitely have Dunleavy and 13 for Miller, 18, and 28. No Rush.

Hmm I would possibly be down with that if Dunleavy is healthy which seems to be a big question. Miller and dunleavy aren't THAT much of a difference.

What about Rush 13 for 18 and 28 and i suppose you could have Miller. (Although I'm pretty sure he is an expirer.)

InspiredLebowski 05-28-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al All day
Hmm I would possibly be down with that if Dunleavy is healthy which seems to be a big question. Miller and dunleavy aren't THAT much of a difference.

What about Rush 13 for 18 and 28 and i suppose you could have Miller. (Although I'm pretty sure he is an expirer.)

Dunleavy's health is definitely still a question mark, but doctors have said they can't picture him doing any better and he's back on the floor, just standstill Js though. If that's any condolence. And yeah, Miller and Dunleavy may as well be the same player. You could have our 2nd this year (52) as well, and we've got a couple 2nds next year if you wanted em.

That proposal doesn't work money wise as Miller makes around 9 million and Rush is on his rookie deal.

idizzle 06-03-2009 01:57 PM

It looks like the Wolves could trade their picks.

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolv...nclick_check=1

They have the 6, 18, and 28 picks in the first round.

Granny Danger 06-04-2009 04:03 PM

scenario:
Minnesota gives sixth pick + foye+ brewer/smith
OKC gives third pick + earl watson

minny:
watson- telfair
miller- carney
gomes- miller
love- jefferson
jefferson- thabeet

sign ben gordon if possible

okc:
westbrook-livingston
foye- sefalosha
durant-green
green- jordan hill?
krstic- collison

opinions???

veilside23 06-05-2009 01:54 AM

hmmmmmmm...

draft tyreke evans at the 6th spot reach nah.. you can put foye and evans on the floor at the same time.. or you can go for derozan but evans's game is more polished

mullens on 18th pick could be a good compliment for jefferson.. having mullens means you can ditch richards and or smith. or if you dont like mullens get buddinger if he is still around.

hansbrough on the 28th pick definitely better than craig smith and richards offensively.
or tyler smith to have a backup at the 3 or taj gibson back up for al jeff.

kevin love got fat.. damn :D

Big Al All day 06-08-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veilside23
hmmmmmmm...

draft tyreke evans at the 6th spot reach nah.. you can put foye and evans on the floor at the same time.. or you can go for derozan but evans's game is more polished

mullens on 18th pick could be a good compliment for jefferson.. having mullens means you can ditch richards and or smith. or if you dont like mullens get buddinger if he is still around.

hansbrough on the 28th pick definitely better than craig smith and richards offensively.
or tyler smith to have a backup at the 3 or taj gibson back up for al jeff.

kevin love got fat.. damn :D

I agree, Evans does look pretty nice. I haven't seen much of Mullens, i just know that his offense needs a lot of work, and he can't really create his own shots. But if I remeber right he's pretty solid on D. And I don't think we even have richards anymore, i think he's in the D league.

Hansbrough could be decent. but only COULD be decent. I don't think he'll be better than Love.

And what you mean K Love got fat? He lost a lot of weight before the season.

jailer 06-09-2009 03:28 PM

So do you guys want to trade the pick as opposed to drafting a player from that spot?

el gringos 06-11-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Danger
scenario:
Minnesota gives sixth pick + foye+ brewer/smith
OKC gives third pick + earl watson

minny:
watson- telfair
miller- carney
gomes- miller
love- jefferson
jefferson- thabeet

sign ben gordon if possible

okc:
westbrook-livingston
foye- sefalosha
durant-green
green- jordan hill?r
krstic- collison

opinions???

Could foye really be traded? #6 and foye seems like an awful lot for #3

Which is more likely to be traded if at all foye or #6? Seems as at #6 the best value will be at either pg or sg, is that reason enough to move foye?

Big Al All day 06-12-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
So do you guys want to trade the pick as opposed to drafting a player from that spot?

honestly I would be good with anything. Trade the pick for players, trade up in the draft, trade down, or just draft a guy. There isn't really anyway to go wrong. But I would like to see us trade some of our later 1st round picks, i think we have like 3 picks in the first.