Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   A.M.G.'s Mock Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133080)

A.M.G. 05-25-2009 07:55 PM

A.M.G.'s Mock Draft

Feel free to comment or make your own. This is based on who I would like to see each team take, not necessarily on what I think will actually happen.

1. Clippers - Blake Griffin : Obvious pick, Griffin is a stud, monster rebounder, fantastic finisher around the rim, 6'9 without shoes, and in such a weak draft for star calibre players, the Clippers would have to be the most incompetently managed and coached team in the NBA to screw this up by either trading down or by not being able to use Blake effectively. Oh wait, they ARE, and they WILL. (prove me wrong Clippers, prove me wrong) PS, for anyone saying that Zach Randolph's presence is going to keep Griffin from starting, GTFO and look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFHhoynAgc8, and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvYf08X6tc&feature=fvst. Z-Bo puts up big stats but HE SUCKS. Even Dunleavy isn't that dumb.

Starting Lineup:
C- Chris Kaman
PF- Blake Griffin
SF- Al Thorton
SG- Eric Gordon
PG- Baron Davis

2. Grizzlies - James Harden
: The Grizzlies should use O.J. Mayo as a PG (which is what he really is anyways), admit they made a mistake in 2007 and use Conley as the BACKUP PG, and draft an extremely smart, skilled, and versatile SG in James Harden. This dude will compliment Mayo perfectly as a backcourt partner. They don't need Thabeet at all since they have a very good young center in Marc Gasol, backed up by Darko Milicic (who might suck but is still 7'0 and very athletic). Ricky Rubio doesn't want to play for them, and he wouldn't be a good fit next to Mayo anyways. And although they need a PF more than a SG, unless the Clippers organization are bigger morons than even I think they are and Griffin is still on the board somehow, they would have to go with Jordan Hill, who simply will not help them more than Harden would, and is probably not even worth a top 5 pick. Harden is a very safe pick in a weak draft, they can sleep easy knowing they didn't draft a straight up bust.

Starting Lineup:
C- Marc Gasol
PF- Hakim Warrick or free agent (Boozer? Odom? Marion?)
SF- Rudy Gay
SG- James Harden
PG- O.J. Mayo

3. Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet : Although I do have my doubts about Thabeet's NBA prospects due to the fact that he only began playing basketball at age 15 and is very raw, he is still an athletic 7'2 265lb with very good character and work ethic. He could stand to bulk up a bit so he doesn't get shoved around in the NBA, but his height and athleticism allow him to be an excellent defensive presence and rebounder. The Thunder have been using guys like Nenad Krstic and Robert Swift, both of whom are just walking injuries, and the competent but seriously undersized Nick Collison. They might be a little wary of drafting a foreign center after Petro and Sene, but due to high-level college experience Thabeet is much better (and also happens to be taller) than them and would fit in perfectly with the other young studs in OKC. Harden would also be a good fit here if the Grizz take Rubio or Thabeet.

Starting Lineup:
C- Hasheem Thabeet
PF- Jeff Green or Nick Collison
SF- Kevin Durant
SG- Thabo Sefolosha
PG- Russell Westbrook

4. Kings - Ricky Rubio : Poor, poor Sacramento, Blake Griffin should have been theirs but there was a 75% chance it wouldn't be happening. Worse, they didn't even get the #2 or #3 pick. That hurts like a rigged WCF game or a clutch Robert Whorey three or a career-crippling Chris Webber injury or Shareef Abdur-Rahim suddenly becoming totally useless. The Kings have disintegrated over the past couple of seasons, to the point that they actually felt it necessary to lock up Beno Udrih as their PG. Needless to say, Beno was playing well because he wanted a big contract, and now he totally isn't the kind of starting PG that will take you anywhere. Ricky Rubio is. The kid is a virtuoso. They must take him if he's available. If he isn't Brandon Jennings would also be a nice pick. If the tantalizing prospect of getting Griffin has committed them to taking a PF, they could take Jordan Hill, and they really do need a franchise big, but Hill is not it. He offers little that Jason Thompson doesn't already. Frankly they should pick up a PF through free agency, or else wait another year and draft Derrick Favors or something.

Starting Lineup:
C- Spencer Hawes
PF- Jason Thompson
SF- Andres Nocioni or Francisco Garcia
SG- Kevin Martin
PG- Ricky Rubio

5. Wizards - Jordan Hill : The Wizards are a troubling case, because they already have so much talent. I'm not sure that Jordan Hill brings them anything that Javale McGee doesn't already. Frankly I just think they tanked and would prefer they don't get somethign that really helps them. Also, I want to dump Hill on somebody, because I really don't think anyone needs him as anything more than a backup and I want him out of the way, but this draft is super weak on bigs so I guess he has to go lottery. They could take DeRozan, but he really doesn't give them anything that Nick Young doesn't. They could also take Jennings if they thought they could trade Gilbert away. The Wizards are just troubling, plain and simple. And Hill could actually be useful as a center, Haywood is OK but unskilled and injury- prone.

Starting Lineup:
C- Jordan Hill
PF- Antawn Jamison
SF- Caron Butler
SG- Nick Young
PG- Gilbert Arenas

6. Timberwolves - Brandon Jennings : The T-Wolves are a horribly run team. When you think about it they drafted Brandon Roy and OJ Mayo and could have had that backcourt with Al Jefferson. Instead they traded those two young stars and have Kevin "fat white guy" Love, Mike Miller, and Randy Foye to show for it. All three are classic tweeners and, although decent players, very much not stars. Oh yeah, and Corey Brewer appears to be an astounding bust, unfortunately, so the fail spiral for McHale continues. Drafting Jennings gives the organization some of it's mojo back. Sure they have two 6'8 PFs starting, a 6'6 center in Craig Smith, a 6'6 combo forward in Gomes, plus Brian Cardinal, Shelden Williams, and Jason Collins. They're a wierdly, undersizedly built team to say the least. But drafting Jennings brings excitement and a true PG to the table. They could also go for Tyreke Evans here or DeRozan here if they wanted to move Foye down to PG, or Earl Clark if they wanted to use MnM as a SG.

Starting Lineup:
C- Al Jefferson
PF- Kevin Love or Ryan Gomes
SF- Mike Miller or Ryan Gomes
SG- Randy Foye
PG- Brandon Jennings

7. Warriors - Tyreke Evans : The Warriors are another one of those wierdly built and even wierdlier coached teams. Evans could work very well as a backcourt partner for Monta Ellis. I would really like to see this team get rid of Stephen Jackson though, that dude is a cancer, and a chucker even by Don Nelson standards. Well, it doesn't have to be Jackson, but damn this team has too many wings. Frankly I don't know how to pick for a Don Nelson coached team, because he's too eccentric, fat and senile for anyone to predict how he will use a player or what crazy logic-defying lineup he will throwout there. Clark would be redundant behind Randolph and Wright, and they already use Jackson, Maggette at PF half the time and Kelenna Azibuike as a PF/C despite his being 6'5. They're paying Ronny Turiaf too much to pick any actual big. They could pick a true PG to run things and use Monta as a SG, or they could pick Steph Curry to join his fellow chuckers. They could even pick DeRozan. But Tyreke would be best.

Starting Lineup:
C- Andris Biedrins
PF- Anthony Randolph or Brandon Wright or god knows
SF- Corey Maggette or Stephen Jackson
SG- Tyreke Evans
PG- Monta Ellis

8. Knicks - Stephen Curry : Curry would be perfect for D'Antoni. Just put him at PG and run with it. The kid is exciting and entertaining, and Lebron likes him. The Knicks have a lot of work to do to build a successful team (they still need to move Eddy Curry), but there is no one better for them to pick than Curry. Allows them to let Nate Robinson walk. Wilson Chandler trumps Clark and to an extent DeRozan being picked. The often heroic Curry just brings the most "face-of-franchise" potential than anyone still available.

Starting Lineup:
C- David Lee
PF- Al Harrington
SF- Wilson Chandler
SG- Quentin Richardson or Larry Hughes
PG - Stephen Curry

9. Raptors - DeMar DeRozan : If he's still available at this point, which isn't entirely likely, the Raptors would have to take him. They desperately need somebody to put at SG. I see DeRozan as little more than a Ronny Brewer or Gerald Green (with a better attitude), but they Raptors could really use a player like that. If Harden falls due to his poor NCAA tournament performances he would be ideal for the Raptors, but that's not happening. Tyreke Evans could be a good fit too if he falls a bit. If none of them is available, they might take Earl Clark, particularly if Marion leaves and they plan on acquiring Delfino again.

Starting Lineup:
C- Andrea Bargnani
PF- Chris Bosh
SF- Shawn Marion
SG- DeMar DeRozan
PG- Jose Calderon

10. Bucks - Tywon Lawson : They desperately need a PG, and Lawson just led UNC to a national title. The Bucks have a lot of options here, they could take Jonny Flynn instead, or Jeff Teague, or Jrue Holiday, or even Eric Maynor. Or they could decide Charlie V ain't cutting it and take DeJuan Blair or Earl Clark or James Johnson. But I think Lawson would be the best pick, a hard-nosed leader and scorer.

Starting Lineup:
C- Andrew Bogut
PF- Charlie Villanueva
SF- Richard Jefferson
SG- Michael Redd
PG- Ty Lawson

11. Nets - Earl Clark : The Nets lack a SF, Bobby Simmons and Jarvis Hayes are scrubs. DeJuan Blair at PF would actually be a very nice foil to Brook Lopez but they are jammed at PF with Yi, SWAT, Ryan Anderson, and Ed Najera, plus Blair still feels like a bit of a reach when there is a talent like Clark on the board. James Johnson might fit here better than Clark. However, I pretty much figured Earl Clark had fallen enough.

Starting Lineup:
C- Brook Lopez
PF- Yi Jianlian
SF- Earl Clark
SG- Vince Carter
PG- Devin Harris

12. Bobcats - Gerald Henderson : They Bobcats constantly draft badly, but hopefully this one works for them. They could also take Terrence Williams or even Wayne Ellington here, but Gerald has more stud potential. They desperately need a SG here.

Starting Lineup:
C- Emeka Okafor
PF- Boris Diaw
SF- Gerald Wallace
SG- Gerald Henderson
PG- Raymond Felton or D.J. Augustine

13. Pacers - DeJuan Blair : Their frontline is tall, soft, old and mostly white. DeJuan Blair is the opposite of all those things. They could also take James Johnson here or even T-Will, and apparently some of their fans want Jrue Holiday, whose plan of "milking his supposed potential" seems to already be working despite a mediocre freshman season and being a tweener. This team is messy, mediocre, and in financial trouble, so who knows what they should do (besides getting rid of Jeff Foster and Rasho Nesterovic, they need to play a little more up tempo, it's like Rik Smits ingrained in their head that you need to play a gargantuan dude at center).

Starting Lineup:
C- Troy Murphy
PF- DeJuan Blair
SF- Danny Granger
SG- Brandon Rush or Mike Dunleavy Jr.
PG- T.J. Ford or Jarrett Jack

A.M.G. 05-25-2009 07:55 PM

Re: A.M.G.'s Mock Draft

14. Suns - James Johnson : Haha, the Suns missed the playoffs with Shaq, Amare, Grant Hill, J-Rich, and Steve Nash on payroll. It doesn't get much more fail than that. They supposedly like Jonny Flynn to replace Nash, but I figure they don't need to do that yet, and Flynn wouldn't be an adequate replacement anyways. So I'm giving them a big athletic SF to replace the ancient and fragile Grant Hill and start ahead of Matt Barnes. They could also draft T-Will to play SF or just to allow them to trade away J-Rich's underachieving self.

Starting Lineup:
C- Shaquille O'Neal
PF- Amare Stoudamire
SF- James Johnson
SG- Jason Richardson
PG- Steve Nash

15. Pistons - B.J. Mullens : You know how I said it doesn't get much more fail than the Suns missing the playoffs? Well the Pistons managed to demonstrate how fail it can be. They fired a high quality coach who got them to the ECF the previous year, and replaced him with a former player who turned out to be a totally incompetent first-year coach. They traded away their franchise player and true PG for a ball-hogging no-position cancer, thinking that a second year combo guard could play PG. They have the oldest starting frontline in the league (probably). They signed Kwame Brown (that actually worked out OK). Oh yeah, and drafting Darko Milicic ahead of Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, David West and Josh Howard back in 2003 doesn't help the whole situation either. So now everybody is angry, Rasheed Wallace is making totally unreasonable contract demands, they have a **** coach, and it has become painfully clear that Chauncey was what made that team work (and he has now brought that to the Nuggets). They draft another Darko (or maybe a white Tyson Chandler?), but this time with the 15th instead of 2nd pick, and without all the rage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3j363HWQM.

Starting Lineup:
C- B.J. Mullens
PF- Antonio McDyess or Kwame Brown or Jason Maxiell or a free agent if they let AI walk.
SF- Tayshaun Prince
SG- Rip Hamilton
PG- Rodney Stuckey

16. Bulls - Terrence Williams : Dude has fallen far enough, and gives them insurance in case Ben Gordon buggers off. They could really use frontcourt depth or a franchise big man, but they aren't reaching on Gani Lawal or Tyler Hansbrough. If the Suns picked Jonny Flynn the Bulls would hopefully land James Johnson. Who knows if they'll keep Deng, if they don't Chase Budinger would be a nice fit as a shooter but they could probably get him later. They clearly don't need a PG at least, Rose is a stud. T-Will would be a nice backcourt running mate with Rose.

Starting Lineup:
C- Joakim Noah or Brad Miller
PF- Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah
SF- Luol Deng or John Salmons
SG- Terrence Williams (BG as backup)
PG- Derrick Rose

17. 76ers - Jonny Flynn : My understanding is Andre Miller won't be returning, so the Sixers land an athletic, tough and skilled (if a bit short) true PG in Flynn. Maybe not the best fit, but with 4 other starters who can't shoot threes, what difference does it make if the PG can't? They should actually look to sign Mike Bibby if the Hawks don't re-sign him.

Starting Lineup:
C- Samuel Dalembert
PF- Elton Brand
SF- Thaddeus Young
SG- Andre Iguodala
PG- Jonny Flynn

18. Timberwolves from Heat Jeff Teague : ****, I don't know what the T-Wolves need. They seem happy with their Jefferson/Love frontline, and I din't want to give them another PG, but I figure this would allow them to get rid of Sebastian Telfair entirely and use Teague as Jennings' backup.

Starting Lineup: Already done, but Teague is now Jennings' backup.

19. Hawks - Eric Maynor : God damn, the Hawks could have Chris Paul or Deron Williams at PG, but instead they have bust Marvin Williams at the good old ??? position. Not to mention that they drafted uber-bust and Candace Parker's baby-daddy Shelden Williams the year after that. Now they are in the playoffs again, despite not having CP3 or D-Will. I would like to see them draft B.J. Mullens if he's still around at this point, but instead I'll give them Maynor, a mature and talented PG to hopefully replace Bibby. I will say that I would love to see them ditch Marvin Williams and move J-Smoove back to SF, Al Horford down to PF, and find a legit-sized center who can shoot to round things out (Mehmet Okur would be a great fit, and actually Rasheed Wallace would be nice too, though not for $8 million per). but lets assume they won't do that and that they won't start Zaza at C.

Starting Lineup:
C- Al Horford
PF- Josh Smith
SF- Marvin Williams
SG- Joe Johnson
PG- Eric Maynor

20. Jazz - Austin Daye : Honestly, I think Jerry Sloan could turn him into a man. And they could ditch AK-47's mentally-deficient ass. They could also take Tyler Hansbrough or Gani Lawal here if they are going to lose Carlos Boozer. If they lose Memo, and BJ is still around, they could go that way. Sam Young is also a stud, but Daye has size on him. DaJuan Summers would also be a decent pick.

Starting Lineup:
C- Mehmet Okur
PF- Carlos Boozer or Paul Millsap
SF- Austin Daye
SG- Ronny Brewer
PG- Deron Williams

21. Hornets - Sam Young : Peja is quickly declining. Sam Young is a strong and athletic stud who gives Chris Paul a new target on the wings. I guess they could take Hansbrough or Lawal to get some frontcourt depth, but Young is the best player left available. They could start Young at SF with Butler or at SG with Posey once Peja is traded or retires.

Starting Lineup:
C- Tyson Chandler
PF- David West
SF- Peja Stojakovic
SG- Sam Young
PG- Chris Paul

22. Mavericks - Jrue Holiday : High-potential replacement when Jason Kidd turns to dust, shakes bad memories of trading away Devin Harris, blablabla, HERE'S JRUE. Let's assume they don't keep Kidd for a second.

Starting Lineup:
C- Erick Dampier or maybe Brandon Bass
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
SF- Josh Howard
SG- Antoine Wright or Jason Terry
PG- Jrue Holiday

Eewwww, that doesn't look very good. Oh well, **** the Mavs.

23. Kings - Tyler Hansbrough : There, they get a big man. Potentially could start with JT at center. Former college player of the year, productive as hell, quit complaining Kings fans. Think of him as Blake Griffin, except he can't jump very high or very gracefully. They could also take Gani Lawal

Starting Lineup:
C- Jason Thompson or Spencer Hawes
PF- Tyler Hansbrough
SF- Andres Nocioni or Francisco Garcia
SG- Kevin Martin
PG- Ricky Rubio

24. Trailblazers- Damion James : I honestly don't know what they would want or need. This is a team whose three highest-paid players don't even play for them anymore (two of them are basically out of the NBA, and D-Miles ain't far off). But I'm giving them Damion James as a role playing SF. They could use a starting calibre PG, but they aren't getting anything better than Jarryd Bayless at this point. In reality, I expect them to trade the pick or else pick a Euro that they don't expect to get for awhile.

Starting Lineup:
C- Greg Oden
PF- LaMarcus Aldridge
SF- Damion James
SG- Brandon Roy
PG- Steve Blake

25. Thunder from Spurs- Wayne Ellington : Too be used as a shooter off the bench. Thabo compliments the lineup better as a role-playing starter. They could also take Darren Collison here to backup or even start alongside Westbrook.

Starting Lineup:
C- Hasheem Thabeet
PF- Jeff Green
SF- Kevin Durant
SG- Thabo Sefolosha or Wayne Ellington
PG- Russell Westbrook

26. Bulls from Nuggets - Chase Budinger : They could VERY well take Gani Lawal here, especially if they plan to move Tyrus Thomas. But I figure if they move Deng instead, Budinger would fit in well. But who knows where the Bulls plan to go from here?

Starting Lineup:
C- Joakim Noah
PF- Tyrus Thomas
SF- Chase Budinger
SG- Terrence Williams
PG- Derrick Rose

27. Grizzlies from Magic - Gani Lawal : There, they get a decent PF. Better than using the #2 on Jordan Hill or something. Lawal would be good for them, possibly even starting quality.

Starting Lineup:
C- Marc Gasol
PF- Gani Lawal
SF- Rudy Gay
SG- James Harden
PG- O.J. Mayo

28. Timberwolves from Celtics - DaJuan Summers : They could move Mike Miller to the Bench. That's my justification. I don't give **** anymore. It's not my fault they have Randy "PG-sized-SG who we traded Brandon Roy for" Foye. And it's doubly not my fault they have Kevin Love.

Starting Lineup:
C- Al Jefferson
PF- Kevin Love
SF- DaJuan Summers
SG- Randy Foye
PG- Brandon Jennings

29. Lakers - Darren Collison : They throw the UCLA kid a bone, and he could be a good back-up for Shannon Brown down the road. They could also take Josh Heytvelt here as Andrew Bynum's backup of the future. They should totally ditch Derek Fisher, he sucks now. I assume they are going to lose Odom to free agency, otherwise I might put him at SF despite his being more of a PF.

Starting Lineup:
C- Andrew Bynum
PF- Pau Gasol
SF- Trevor Ariza
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- Shannon Brown backed up by Darren Collison

30. Cavaliers - Danny Green : Would fit in nicely at SG between Lebron and Mo Williams. They could also take Marcus Thornton for the same reason. But Danny just won a chip.

Starting Lineup:
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF- Ben Wallace or Anderson Varejao
SF- Lebron James
SG- Danny Green
PG- Mo Williams

UConnCeltics 05-25-2009 08:27 PM

Good mock. The only problem I see is Ricky Rubio. There is no way that he falls past #3. Drafting is about value, which OKC would exploit here. They would take Rubio, allow SAC to pick Thabeet and then trade Rubio for Thabeet and more. Maybe future draft picks? Possibly pick 23? If the Thunder can get Thabeet, Hansbrough (who is projected to Kings by you), and then get Wayne Ellington, they are on course to be a top team.

Bonez 05-28-2009 08:15 PM

are u serious? you have nearly every rookie starting ? maybe 5 or a couple more will thats about it

qrich 05-28-2009 09:23 PM

No Aaron Jackson = you fail!

Honestly, I can't see DeRozan falling to the Raps, and if he does, damn do they get a steal.

Al Thornton 05-28-2009 09:31 PM

Harden at 2?

A.M.G. 05-29-2009 02:28 PM

I said at the beginning of the thing that most of these are picks I would like to see happen, not what i think will happen in reality.

No, I don't think most of these rookies will actually be starting.

No, I don't really think DeRozan is likely to fall to the 9th pick, he will probably up his stock in workouts. The Raps will probably have to take Tyreke Evans, Earl Clark, or maybe Terrence Williams.

Yes, I want James Harden on Memphis, he would be the perfect role player/3rd option with OJ at PG. The Grizz could probably pick Rubio and trade down with the Kings or whatever team picks Harden, maybe get Jason Thompson or like Ike Diogu and Francisco Garcia along with Harden. The Kings could really use Rubio.

BRabbiT 05-30-2009 06:17 PM

[quote=A.M.G.]10. Bucks - Tywon Lawson : They desperately need a PG, and Lawson just led UNC to a national title. The Bucks have a lot of options here, they could take Jonny Flynn instead, or Jeff Teague, or Jrue Holiday, or even Eric Maynor. Or they could decide Charlie V ain't cutting it and take DeJuan Blair or Earl Clark or James Johnson. But I think Lawson would be the best pick, a hard-nosed leader and scorer.

Starting Lineup:
C- Andrew Bogut
PF- Charlie Villanueva
SF- Richard Jefferson
SG- Michael Redd
PG- Ty Lawson

11. Nets - Earl Clark
13. Pacers - DeJuan Blair

good mock. but lawson isn't going that high. MIL is also probably going to pass on resigning CV. If so, they need a big more than a guard.

BlazersDozen 05-30-2009 08:51 PM

I also have Rudio falling to the Kings, but the Blazers will draft Hansbrough. He's a KP type of player and unless the Blazers are drafting a small forward who can do everything that Webster, Outlaw and Batum can all do then they don't draft one and cause a four man log jam at SF. Look for them to draft a PF. I think Hansbrough or it could be Blair if he falls to them.

23ajay 06-01-2009 07:10 PM

not really a big problem but i thought omri cassipi was a first rounder

boozehound 06-02-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonez
are u serious? you have nearly every rookie starting ? maybe 5 or a couple more will thats about it

I was gonna say something similar. why do mock drafters assume every rookie is gonna start when most of them will hardly contribute as an every day rotation player their first year. If the pistons start BJ Mullens (they should take Daye anyways if he is there), they will fail even worse than this year.

A.M.G. 06-02-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
I was gonna say something similar. why do mock drafters assume every rookie is gonna start when most of them will hardly contribute as an every day rotation player their first year. If the pistons start BJ Mullens (they should take Daye anyways if he is there), they will fail even worse than this year.

I know that the vast majority of them won't start, and many won't even be rotation players for a few years. Believe me, I know.

Although if the Pistons get Boozer and draft Mullens, I honestly don't know if it would take that long for BJ to start taking minutes from Kwame. Also, Kwame could opt out this off-season and land himself a contract with some length. So, like, who else are they going to start at center if Kwame were to leave?

Why would you want Daye? That dude is a wimp. He's ****ing 6'11 but only 192 pounds, and I'm starting to think he actually can't put on much more weight, otherwise why not do it? Prove me wrong Austin, prove me wrong.

23ajay 06-02-2009 04:58 PM

i dont think ricky rubio would pass by the thunder

boozehound 06-02-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
I know that the vast majority of them won't start, and many won't even be rotation players for a few years. Believe me, I know.

Although if the Pistons get Boozer and draft Mullens, I honestly don't know if it would take that long for BJ to start taking minutes from Kwame. Also, Kwame could opt out this off-season and land himself a contract with some length. So, like, who else are they going to start at center if Kwame were to leave?

Why would you want Daye? That dude is a wimp. He's ****ing 6'11 but only 192 pounds, and I'm starting to think he actually can't put on much more weight, otherwise why not do it? Prove me wrong Austin, prove me wrong.

I want daye because I feel like he is capable of both coming in and contributing as the backup 3 behind Tay (something we have been lacking) and that his overall versatility and size are hard to match. He has a great shot (from all over the floor), can handle the ball and pass. I think he can be a very good 3/4 (LO type with a much better shot) in this league. Sure, hes weak and needs a ton of discipline as well, but Im not sold on mullins at all. I think he will be in Europe sooner rather than later.