Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   rasheed wallace (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133689)

el gringos 05-30-2009 08:58 PM

rasheed wallace

Besides for coach and backup pg I think the biggest needs on the nugs could be filled by very few players- bargnani or spencer hawes would probobly be ungettable, so its either okur or RASHEED WALLACE

Rasheed imo could be got in a sign and trade for trade exemption and ?pick?

Rasheed would give better post defense and size, but just as important hed fix the floor spacing problem that gives carmelo and nene so many problems

Adding rasheed would allow kmart to be the 6th man and help nene and carmelos game so much as well as freeing kmart to be kindof the focus of the second unit- I think rasheed is the only player in the league kmart happily goes to 6th man for- kmart needs the same spots carmelo needs on offense

Billups
Jr
Carmelo
Nene
Rasheed

?pg?
Kleiza
Kmart

Ac/?
Jones
Balkman
Birdman
Petro

That is the best team in the nba with rasheed and a good pg/6th man- great rotation and great second unit with defenders and athletisism/energy

goldenryan 06-03-2009 05:09 PM

Re: rasheed wallace

they need to sign birdman first before they think about bringing anybody else in.

LateNightNBA 06-03-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

May 4, 2009 5:38 pm

Sheed to retire?

SLAM contributor J. Gamble [making his debut with us next issue] hears from a close personal friend of Rasheed Wallace’s that unless Sheed gets $8 million to play next year, he’s going to retire. If that’s true, we’ve probably seen the last of Sheed in the NBA.
No!

I'm the biggest fan of Sheed, but he looks like he's pretty much done. And for $8 Million a year... I definitely don't want him joining the Nuggets.

el gringos 06-04-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNightNBA
No!

I'm the biggest fan of Sheed, but he looks like he's pretty much done. And for $8 Million a year... I definitely don't want him joining the Nuggets.

so you wouldnt pay half of kenyon martins price for rasheed wallace? thats insane- i dont write the checks so i dont complain but you could get rasheed, resign birdman and kleiza and save millions all in kmarts salary slot- there cant be anyone who thinks kmart would give the team more for the money than those 3 would

i dont think you could get okur for 8 million and rasheed may only have a few years left, but i think a 2 year 16 million dollar deal would be a great move- somebody will give him atleast that i just hope its the nugs

Ne0 06-07-2009 05:55 PM

I would give my right nut to get Sheed to Denver.

f*ck KMart:rolleyes: can't shoot mid - 3s like Sheed

OneMoreSucka 06-12-2009 02:38 PM

I don't know how much Sheed has left in the tank...

el gringos 06-12-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I don't know how much Sheed has left in the tank...

That is a valid question, but I think he has atleast 2 and maybe 3 years left of being a championship caliber player- neither a 2 or 3 year contract would worry me

I want the nugs to trade into this draft for a pg but that may be impossible- the 1st choice in my mind of current nba players to get as a gaurd is randy "the next chauncey billups" foye- if able to get in a trade he is ready to break out and learning from billups would be great for him- anybody like randy foye? Esp w a 3 some million dollar contract (minni has new gms makes me wonder if he might be tradeable)

el gringos 06-23-2009 09:18 PM

Dang randy foye was traded to the wizards for pick 5- I had a feeling randy foye would be traded I just hoped the nugs could be in on it- so its still 2 pieces, rasheed and what gaurd? It almost has to come in the draft or require paying good money? Who do you like now for gaurds?

Its funny to keep seeing rasheed to sa or cleveland or any other team for mle- nugs better step up and get a trade w detroit made for the te

paguy1955 06-29-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ne0
I would give my right nut to get Sheed to Denver.

f*ck KMart:rolleyes: can't shoot mid - 3s like Sheed

Read up bfore stating something. Signing Sheed would cost us 16 million for ONE season. He ain't worth. Remember we have to pay the cost if we go over the cap!

1~Gibson~1 06-29-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paguy1955
Read up bfore stating something. Signing Sheed would cost us 16 million for ONE season. He ain't worth. Remember we have to pay the cost if we go over the cap!

If it does then i would expect Sheed to be a free agent for the entire 2009-2010 season. No one is going to pay 16 Mil for Sheed for only one season :no:

kurple 06-29-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
If it does then i would expect Sheed to be a free agent for the entire 2009-2010 season. No one is going to pay 16 Mil for Sheed for only one season :no:

8 mill. And it put us 8 more mill into luxury tax and then it's 8 x2, but i still think 8 mill is to much.

el gringos 07-07-2009 12:08 AM

How can the nugs not go after rasheed? How can they not see the problem is floor spacing and size? This guy ends up signing for mle? Nugs should have went hard paid alittle more with the te- it should have been easy

paguy1955 07-07-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
How can the nugs not go after rasheed? How can they not see the problem is floor spacing and size? This guy ends up signing for mle? Nugs should have went hard paid alittle more with the te- it should have been easy

as I stated before signing him would cost double since it would take us over the cap. And that dosen't make sence for a man that old!!:pimp: :pimp:

Triplelefthook 07-20-2009 06:35 PM

i would have really loved this move. bring Rasheed in here, Chauncey keeps us in line, gives us more depth in the front court, another good defender, shooter and rebounder